Fat and curves are NOT the same thing

Options

Replies

• StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options

When I think of "full figured" I think of Jane Russell, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor (especially in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" when I am lower in wt, my body shape is similar to hers in that film), Jane Mansfield, to name a few.

When I think of "curvy" I think of Jennifer Lopez, Kate Winslet, Valerie Bertinelli (even more so when she was a young woman), to name a few.

When I think of "slender" (not "skinny") I think of Goldie Hawn, Cher, Kate Hudson, Jamie Lee Curtis, to name a few.

These are my ideas of fit, healthy women...yours will probably vary.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Who says flat bellies arent normal? I actually think they are, but most ppl these days are overweight so its become abnormal. Fit=heealthy imo

Some women who are very fit and in shape will never have flat bellies because build. I'm not overweight, and I don't have a flat belly. Even when my BMI is at the very low end of healthy normal, I don't have a flat belly, and I am working out at those times. Besides, body fat is a normal and essential part of a human body's makeup. We treat body fat like something that must be eradicated at all costs, and if we see even the tiniest pinchable amount, that doesn't become "overweight." Body fat has many healthy, normal functions.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    ...so? I agree, fat doesn't necessarily mean curvy, and curvy doesn't mean fat, but you CAN be fat and have natural curves. Either way, if someone wants to say "I'm not fat, I'm curvy" why does it matter? Some people are so negative.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My brain just EXPLODES every time some fat chick dares to call herself curvy!

Just kidding. I really don't care.

I'm fat and curvy, and my hips don't lie. :drinker:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm boy shaped...but with boobs and butt...just not a very hour-glass figure.

I like my butt and boobs...but I'm proportionate. When I lose weight, i lose all over. So you can't really tell I lost my boobs and butt.

same here. i'm technically a ruler but because i have large boobs (that are fat not bone :laugh: ) , a round high butt and large outer thigh muscles from years of weight lifting heavy weights, i look like an hourglass
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    agree my waist is 36 however I have two inches of fat...Until I reach the bone.....HIps are a lot bigger and I have a lot of fat...however once I lose it...NO matter what I will always be curvy.....
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm the fat kind of curvy. The extra 10 lbs definitely makes for more shapely legs and bigger girls, which I will miss!
  • Radiskull
    Radiskull Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Every time I hear the word "curvy" and it is not in relation to roads, it makes me want to puke.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm in the low 20s in body fat percentage and have a 28" waist and 42" hips. I also have muscles. Go figure.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Or maybe not every woman's ideal goal on here isn't to have a flat stomach and defined abdominals? Perhaps they'd prefer their body keep a softer shape that they feel better and more confidant in and that is completely OKAY.

Your goal and the goal of every other woman on here do not have to be the same.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    This seems like one of those posts where OP obviously just wants people to respond.

What do you care?
    Worry about yourself.
    What other people think has nothing to do with you....

I really don't see the point in these types of threads other than wanting attention/ getting people all worked up over something stupid.

Bingo. This is the same poster who kept posting the "guys, what kind of girl do you like?" threads a week or so back...
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    she would have to learn how to type / spell / punctuate properly first :bigsmile:

Wow. Just - wow. The post may not be typed perfectly, so what?! I think its YOU who needs to learn a few things, MANNERS being top of the list. Growing up might be another priority.

Thanks sweetie! I mean realky, this is mfp not English class lol

No, it's not "English class," but if you used complete words and sentences and attempted more standard spelling and punctuation, it would be much easier for your readers to get what you're saying...I think it might be an age thing, but things like the "ur" abbreviation for "your" or "you're" just drives me batty!
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's all subjective.. and who the heck cares? If a woman wants to say she's "curvy," then by all means let her say it and let her think it. Me though, I'll stick with my boxy shape!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    <<<~~~ I'm curvy...... ; ) lmfao
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Every time I hear the word "curvy" and it is not in relation to roads, it makes me want to puke.

Me too! Nothing against the "curvy" ladies, the word just bothers me!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I agree. It's all in the way a person is built. I am not curvy at all, I am petite and have a very boyish figure. I have friend's that are quite curvy and they are not fat by any means. They are very fit.

This. My figure is also small and boyish, and when I gained weight, I didn't become curvy. My proportions remained the same. Curves are unrelated to weight. I have a sister who is curvy. She has lost weight, and is very slim, but has not lost her curvy shape.
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options

Me Three!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    This seems like one of those posts where OP obviously just wants people to respond.

What do you care?
    Worry about yourself.
    What other people think has nothing to do with you....

I really don't see the point in these types of threads other than wanting attention/ getting people all worked up over something stupid.

Bingo. This is the same poster who kept posting the "guys, what kind of girl do you like?" threads a week or so back...

Who kept posting? lol I posted the thread once. The way u put it was like I posted the topic over & over. silly lady
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    she would have to learn how to type / spell / punctuate properly first :bigsmile:

Wow. Just - wow. The post may not be typed perfectly, so what?! I think its YOU who needs to learn a few things, MANNERS being top of the list. Growing up might be another priority.

Thanks sweetie! I mean realky, this is mfp not English class lol

No, it's not "English class," but if you used complete words and sentences and attempted more standard spelling and punctuation, it would be much easier for your readers to get what you're saying...I think it might be an age thing, but things like the "ur" abbreviation for "your" or "you're" just drives me batty!

lol I love how on mfp YOU will get picked on for YOUR spelling and the way YOU type. It doesn't even matter haha.
    Just so everyone knows that I know how to attempt proper spelling and make complete sentences, I made A's in my college English courses. So I think I know how to do that. I just choose the short hand method when I'm on social network sites because it really doesn't matter.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options

Lol, that's interesting. I wouldn't use the word 'curvy' for roads. Maybe it's a cultural differents - with roads I think of twists and turns, not curves.