MFP Friending 101

Options
Sarah_Wins
Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
Folks, we all know it's just good common sense to include a message with your friend request. So, please, stop sending me and my friends blank requests. There WILL be a test on this later. Class dismissed.

2rzs4ro.jpg

What's your requirement in a friend request? Do they have to mention something you stated in your profile? Share a favorite exercise or similar diet? I know at least one person that requires answers to 3 random questions. I'm considering implementing a personality test.

Personally, I just want to know you are literate and have some sense of humor. Bonus if you're a sarcastic *kitten*. I don't think I ask for much.

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Oh boy chicka....watch you get lots of blank requests today. =/
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I :heart: you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Sarah_Wins
    Options
    Oh boy chicka....watch you get lots of blank requests today. =/

Watch what I do with them
    1feov4.gif
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    LOVE this...

I just want to know:

1) how you found me
    or
    2) why you thought it would be a good idea for us to be friends.

That's it. I'm not friend collecting, and I REALLY mean it when I say I want to be supportive to my friends, and that I want my friends to be supportive of me, too.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Why do I think you just invited 100 wiseass blank requests?:laugh:
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    some people take this **** way too seriously
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

or not seriously enough!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Why concern yourself over such menial things? I am just glad I am able to inspire others and be inspired, I don't need a message or a justification for a friendship.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I approve all the ladies that participate every Friday.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    ha. yup, some people take it way to seriously.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Personally, I just want to know you are literate and have some sense of humor. Bonus if you're a sarcastic person. I don't think I ask for much.
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    LOVE this...

I just want to know:

1) how you found me
    or

That's it. I'm not friend collecting, and I REALLY mean it when I say I want to be supportive to my friends, and that I want my friends to be supportive of me, too. [/quote]

Pretty much both of these....I did accept a blank one today though, more out of curiosity than anything else.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    I don't have requirements. It's a social network, I don't care if people want to be social on it. If someone is so annoying that I have to delete them (which has never happened), then I will.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Options

Agreed. You are way too serious.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Let me admit first that when I first joined MFP (a whopping 3 weeks ago... I'm an old-timer now HA!) I was guilty of sending a blank friend request or two... or forty. I have learned though! I really have!
    What's your requirement in a friend request? Do they have to mention something you stated in your profile? Share a favorite exercise or similar diet?

I like to know how you found me, and I'd like to have MFP friends that are at a similar point in their journey. If you're 130lbs and 5'7" and your goal is to get to 115lbs and have a thigh gap, I am thrilled for you and I commend your commitment to a healthier you. But I don't think you're gonna be able to relate when I vent about the apron of fat I am trying to lose and how it chafes when I do jumping jacks. Just sayin'...
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Personally, I just want to know you are literate and have some sense of humor. Bonus if you're a sarcastic person. I don't think I ask for much.

LOVE this...

I just want to know:

1) how you found me
    or

That's it. I'm not friend collecting, and I REALLY mean it when I say I want to be supportive to my friends, and that I want my friends to be supportive of me, too.

Pretty much both of these....I did accept a blank one today though, more out of curiosity than anything else.

1) Found you on MFP - Stating the obvious

2) Ever thought that people invite you as a friend to follow your posts for advice, or to be inspired by your dedication and discipline...

I noticed a ton of these people who shed the weight has gained it back in arrogance...
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Why concern yourself over such menial things? I am just glad I am able to inspire others and be inspired, I don't need a message or a justification for a friendship.

Best response ever!! I have over 300 friends and I enjoy motivating people to exercise.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

What's your requirement in a friend request?

Our friendship makes sense now :tongue:
  • Willlift4shoes
    Options
    I prefer the message too. Why would you not send one? Its just courtesy. Mention where and what made ya wanna add. I have even told one or two in the past it was solely cuz they were eye candy. (These didn't work out in the end and I deleted them but point is be honest).