MFP Friending 101

Options

Replies

• runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have around 100 friends and while i don't get to all of them, I try at least once a month to go and literally post on everyone's wall. you may think I have nothing better to do with my time but if it makes a difference for one person then I've done the right thing.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    LOVE this...

I just want to know:

1) how you found me
    or
    2) why you thought it would be a good idea for us to be friends.

That's it. I'm not friend collecting, and I REALLY mean it when I say I want to be supportive to my friends, and that I want my friends to be supportive of me, too.

Ditto to all the above :drinker:
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I don't require a message, or anything else.

I want variety in my friends list. Different people provide different perspectives.

It's just as easy to remove someone from your list as it is to accept them. You know, if they turn out to be crazy or annoying. Or dangerous or simply make you feel uncomfortable.

Of course I do not believe in putting my identity on the internet. There are a lot of nutjobs out there. So I guard it carefully. So getting on my friend list really won't give you any more information about the guy behind the screen name.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    I send blank requests. Depending on my picture i'm usually added anyway. I'm awesome.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I send blank requests. Depending on my picture i'm usually added anyway. I'm awesome.

i send this gif in FR's to hot women. i don't think i've ever been denied.

thththstewie1.gif
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I have around 100 friends and while i don't get to all of them, I try at least once a month to go and literally post on everyone's wall. you may think I have nothing better to do with my time but if it makes a difference for one person then I've done the right thing.

Seems once or twice a month isn't enough for some people here.

Really, this isn't me be snarky. Just trying to get an idea of different people's expectations. How do you keep track of who hasn't posted on your wall less than once a month?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I like when I get a personal message with a friend request, usually that means I have something in common (other than just being on MFP) with the person...but I don't require it.

I have over 180 friends, I originally didn't plan on having such a big "list" but it just sorta happened over the last 1 1/2 years I've been on MFP...so I don't try to keep up with everyone regularly. I do try to post on about 10-12 different profiles every day and I have a handful of people I talk to often and have met in person, or keep in touch with via Facebook or personal email or even "snail mail." (thank you smiles4support for bringing that back to my life!)

I think the cool thing about MyFitnessPal is that everyone can use the site in the way that best fits their needs. And noone needs to get defensive or offended about how anyone else uses the site! :drinker:
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Why concern yourself over such menial things? I am just glad I am able to inspire others and be inspired, I don't need a message or a justification for a friendship.

exactly!

This! It's never that deep.
  • Elzecat
    Options

thththstewie1.gif

That's because everything's better with a "Stewie humping the ground" gif ;)
  • Elzecat
    Options

Having a healthy self esteem probably helps with getting those friends ;)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Seems once or twice a month isn't enough for some people here.

Really, this isn't me be snarky. Just trying to get an idea of different people's expectations. How do you keep track of who hasn't posted on your wall less than once a month?

I don't expect people to comment on everything I post. Hell, I don't comment on the majority of my friend's completed diaries or exercise logs. Posting "wtg" over and over just loses its value to me. I do, however, try to post on any real updates and when they log their losses for the week. Not all of my friends are the same as me... some comment once in a blue moon, others post on every update I make. I don't actually keep track though "oh suzie hasn't said anything to me in over a month... delete!". :laugh: But if they don't log in for weeks at a time I will delete.
  • ktillotson14
    Options

thththstewie1.gif

That's all it takes, huh? Quite the ladies man...
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options

thththstewie1.gif

I almost choked on my dinner!!! Hahahaha...:laugh:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

thththstewie1.gif

well, i mean yah. just look at me.
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I always include a message with friend requests. I have been tolerant with people (which I have now paid for, lol) not including a message, as long as they say something after, most don't I've observed. But if you just add me to "creep" through my pictures/posts whatever, you're gonna be deleted pretty quick. I've only been on this site 12 days and already I'm having to clean up my friend's list because people just add you to either one, look at your stuff, two, friend collectors! Ain't got no room for either of those on my list. However, I will be happy to add if they say they want to support eachother/have similar goals/talk, whatever--ya know.
  • ktillotson14
    Options

thththstewie1.gif

Ohhhh. Thought it was because of your sparkling personality...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

thththstewie1.gif

Ohhhh. Thought it was because of your sparkling personality...

Lol. Nope.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

thththstewie1.gif

I'd add ya... Lmfao
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot more intrigued by the requiring answers to three random questions. What's that about? All in good fun or high maintenance?

It used to bug me when I was new and had fewer friends when people I commented on never answered back, but now I can't keep track of who doesn't comment. It is easy however to know who does reciprocate support a lot. They become my priorities in providing support and consistent feedback, and when I have the downtime and the inclination, I'll comment away for everyone else and not expect anything back.

Some people have lots of personal information or pictures in their private profiles, and it's very understandable why these people would be very choosy.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot more intrigued by the requiring answers to three random questions. What's that about? All in good fun or high maintenance?

FYI, it's ALL in good fun. It's astounding how many people missed that.