Started 30 Day Shred today! Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I want to do the 30 day shred, but on Tuesdays and Thursdays i go to my gym, they offer a 1 hour book camp class. will it be too much if i do the boot camp and the 30day shred?

I give myself a day off once a week. (Generally Wednesday/Thursday, because if I do a weekend or a Monday day off, i find it hard to start again lol) I would do the boot camp Tuesdays and Thursday, and do the 30DS on the other days, also while taking an additional day off (so 2 days boot camp, 4 days 30DS) You need to give yourself a day off so your muscles will recover, otherwise all you're doing is damaging your muscles without letting them repair - which is what causes muscle growth.
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you all. I did level 1 day 4 yesterday and plan on doing day 5 today. So far it has been pretty good. I really need to work on those pushups! I need to get past doing the modified ones. I'm looking forward to reading how everyone is doing with it!
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ugh - can only do the modified pushups. Also the squat + weights right out in front of you KILLS me. Seriously. Longest 20 minutes of my life.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it in a while but want to start it up again tomorrow. I'm in! :) GL everyone!
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2, Day 5... will send you a friend request.... =D
  • MDeniseMur
    MDeniseMur Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Go for it, you have nothing to lose (but weight and inches)! Start with light weights and do the modified versions if you need to. :smile:
  • MDeniseMur
    MDeniseMur Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete
  • shone2729
    Options
    what is the shred? just started the progarm...
  • buglet55
    buglet55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Going to do my day 7 of level one tonight. I haven't been doing it every day, since I started on October 7th, but I am going to!

That was all due to my forgetfulness and my recently sprained ankle. No, not from the program, but from a trip to Disney World earlier this month. It hurt and hurt and I couldn't figure out why until I compared my ankles. One looked like a regular ankle and one looked like it had a pool noodle stuffed in it. I pushed through and the ankle is doing waay better (it probably got stronger haha).

I haven't made it very far but I enjoy it! Especially the part where the whole thing becomes easier and easier. Annnny way... good to see you all and have a support group for those not so motivated days!
  • anoette
    anoette Posts: 29
    Options
    Just started mine today too, feel free to add me :) I have no plan on how often i'll take breaks as because i'm aware I need to do 10 days it'll probably freak me out to break the routine! i'll probably just cave on the day i'm most exhausted from work or studying
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    2 days of level 1 and my thighs are SORE. Never realised how unfit/unstretched my leg muscles were, thought they would be ok from all the jogging i do booo
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Day 10 of level 1, starting level 2 tomorrow. I'm psyched. My arms and thighs have changed SO much.
  • GabWants2BFit
    Options
    Day 2 for me I've only ever done 7 day in the past! Hurts my muscles so much ha!
  • pfespinoza
    pfespinoza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am going to start doing this as soon as I figure out where my daughter put my weights.
  • dopaminergic
    dopaminergic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Day 3- sore, sore, SORE biceps! I'm gonna push through.
  • piggybunny89
    piggybunny89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me:D
    Ahh!! I Hope I see some results:p
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ugh, day 3 today. Running a 5k after moving furniture all day... and still gonna have my "In Yo Face, Jillian" time tonight when the kiddos go to bed. Whoop!
  • Sneaky__B
    Sneaky__B Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just did day 3 & I think those lateral lunge shoulder raise things (which I HATE!) felt a bit easier. Progress! There are some great threads in the forums with 30 Day Shred success stories which are really motivating... if you stick with it, it looks worth it!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Just finished up day 8 of level 1. 2 more days until the next level...nervous! I saw parts of level two, and i will most likely die lol
  • nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1....what routine is everyone doing?? Bow many days am? Rest days ?