Your first love? How old was you?

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I had several infatuations starting around 16 but nothing I'd call love. :laugh: I'd have to say my current relationship would be the first. It's almost a year in. He's 30 and I'm 20.

make sure he treats you good!!!!
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 and still waiting for guys to even notice me. Ah well... :)

If it helps, you're absolutely stunning, so it shouldn't take long :flowerforyou:
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    15 almost 16. stayed together for over a year, and it ended very badly. i believed it WAS love (for me, he had different definitions i suppose)... and who defines love anyway.

i personally believe you can love more then one person in you life, but others who dont believe that would say it was just lust and hormones.

my true lovie and I knew each other since that same time period, but only got together after he went to collage. almost 3 years, and still very much in what i define as 'true' love 'soul mate' type mushie crap. :p
  • twinketta
    Options

I'm 22, almost 23, and still waiting for that lol

All the guys will notice you...you are beautiful girls:flowerforyou:
  • blacklaceroses
    blacklaceroses Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    met him at 19 just got married going on six years!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I was 19 (although it wasn't until I turned 20 I realised I really loved him), he was 17. We were together for 3 and a half years and it was long distance the whole time - the most I got to see him was every couple of months or so (and that was only for a couple of days at a time, usually the weekend) and there was no sign of that changing any time soon so we both decided to end it.

We had the intention of being friends which lasted for a few months but it didn't really work out due to lack of contact etc so I've kinda broken all ties with him now.
    It was great while it lasted but, tbh, I feel really good on my own right now - free and independent :smile:
  • twinketta
    Options
    I was 13 or 14, and I remember him very fondly. We fell out, as these things often go, but got back in touch and are now good friends. Truth be told, there are still some feelings for him, he's a very sweet guy. Although we are definitely good as just friends and nothing more lol :)

edit: FYI I'm 22 now.

And I am sure it is still a beautiful friendship, well done to you for keeping it going!
  • Scottish_Lass
    Options
    I was 13 or 14, and I remember him very fondly. We fell out, as these things often go, but got back in touch and are now good friends. Truth be told, there are still some feelings for him, he's a very sweet guy. Although we are definitely good as just friends and nothing more lol :)

edit: FYI I'm 22 now.

And I am sure it is still a beautiful friendship, well done to you for keeping it going!

It's a treasured friendship, unlike any other. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Apa93
    Apa93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    12-13, engaged to be married to someone else now. I still love him and think about him every day.
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Never have, never will.
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This boy...from 3rd grade through 8th grade I thought of nothing but him! He moved away in 7th grade and I was totally crushed. He turned out not so cute and is married to some trailor trash girl with a couple of kids. Thank you facebook!

My first real love was at 21. We mutually broke up a few months ago (I'm 23 now) after a year of long distance. I'll always love him, but I think in the long run we wouldn't have worked out. We were just too different, and it really showed after we turned into long distance.
  • luvtcuk
    luvtcuk Posts: 69 Member
    Options

I'm 22, almost 23, and still waiting for that lol

Girls, don't give up hope yet. My first love is when I was 23. Married 2 years later and still going strong.
    He is out there, waiting for you.
  • twinketta
    Options
    12-13, engaged to be married to someone else now. I still love him and think about him every day.
    yep first loves are hard to let go
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I was 13, he was 15. Im 26, and we're still together :) Half of my life spent with an awesome guy. :heart:
  • mdianne58
    mdianne58 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Met him when I was 15, he was 19? Married him at 16. Working on our 39th anniversary. Still the love of my life.
  • twinketta
    Options
    Never have, never will.

awww that is so sad :flowerforyou:
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    22. married him. :heart:
  • twinketta
    Options
    I was 13, he was 15. Im 26, and we're still together :) Half of my life spent with an awesome guy. :heart:

I think this goes to show that sometimes love takes over!
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I know this is gonna sound so weird. But, my first love was when i was 11 1/2. He had just turned 11 a couple of weeks before we met. I was going into 7th grade, he was going into 6th and we went to different schools. We only saw eachother on friday nights. When i was in 8th grade we were in the same school and we dated (you know, like 13 year olds do,lol) but lets get real it wasn't really dating. Then i went to high school, and he was still in junior high, i dated another guy for 18 months, and then i dated him a bit again in high school, we went to junior prom and spent so much time together, talking on the phone until 3 am. He told me he loved me when we were 15/14. At first i thought that i was just a crazy kid.....but in my heart i know that he was my first love. We didn't get married (hell, at one point we thought we would...well, at several points). I met my husband my first year of College while my first love was still in high school. There was a time in college when i couldn't stop thinking about him and we met up and talked a while, that's when we realized how much both of us had changed. I still love him dearly, but i'm not IN love with him. He doesn't have the pull over me that he once used to when we were tweens/teenagers. I'd still help him and be there for him. But, i love my husband and the family we have created the past 7 years!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I met my first love when I was 15. I didn't love him immediately, of course, but after a year or so of knowing him, I started to find that I really liked him.
    We started dating when I was 16 and he was 19. I am now 20, and he is 23; we've been together for 3 and a half years, and I love him more every day :)

I know sometimes things don't work out even if you're with someone that you love, but I try not to think too hard about it. We enjoy being where we are now, loving each other and going out for Chinese food. Whatever's going to happen will happen.