Your first love? How old was you?

Options

Replies

• nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I was 13, he was 15. Im 26, and we're still together :) Half of my life spent with an awesome guy. :heart:

I think this goes to show that sometimes love takes over!

We were both in really dark times in our lives. I don't think either of us would still be here without the other...lol, I still get all warm and fuzzy thinking about him.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Shame the guys on here can not bare their souls they must have had first loves also?
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    I was seventeen when I first fell in love. We were together for seven years, and broke up because we didn't want the same things at the time... for our future. I met someone else soon after, was with him for two years, and we broke up because he was insane (lol, rebound guy turned long-term). I got back with my first love and now we've been back together for two years. :) It was like we got to start all over again.... just as madly in love as we always were. I'm very thankful.
  • Evey_bee
    Evey_bee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Mine was when I was 15, he was 16. We were together a year and a half but sadly things didn't work out. I'm now 20, and a few months ago went to his wedding. We're still very good friends, and him and his new wife are definitely made for each other (:
    I'm now almost a year into seeing someone else myself <3 Who I love very very much :D
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    First love: when I started high school. Always mesmerized with this guy's eyes during lunch. My friend told him that I was interested. She pretty much made it happen. We were together for almost 2.5 years. He was a senior and it was hard to be together when we were both still growing up. Still love his craziness.
  • twinketta
    Options
    I was seventeen when I first fell in love. We were together for seven years, and broke up because we didn't want the same things at the time... for our future. I met someone else soon after, was with him for two years, and we broke up because he was insane. I got back with my first love and now we've been back together for two years. :) It was like we got to start all over again.... just as madly in love as we always were. I'm very thankful.
    What a lovely end/.start to your relationship, I hope you go from strength to strength
  • SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i was 14 years old, in love with a 19 year old. thought this was true love until he broke my heart. got over him rather quickly and met my true first love my freshman year in college at the age of 18. T had me wide open in love. I will never forget him! First loves are great
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    Thank you. :)

We've grown up a lot and have both learned what to do and what not to do in order to keep our relationship healthy. I love him so much. :)
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What is love?

I learned early off, that it isn't worth the head/heart aches... Cause they will destroy you, given the chance
  • jennibee70
    jennibee70 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I met Garry when I was 15 and fell for him HARD. He flirted with me too but my Dad marked his card for him and told him I was too young. I went away to university at 17 and I'm not sure I ever saw him again, except at my wedding reception, I'm sure he peeped through the door. Was married for 18 years to my first real love, and though we went through a lot of animosity towards the end, I still love him and always will, I'm just not in love with him any more. And I still wonder about Garry, and if he's still as hot!
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    What is love?

I learned early off, that it isn't worth the head/heart aches... Cause they will destroy you, given the chance
    The wrong people will, that is true. But true love does exist, and I think it is worth everything you have to go through to get it.
  • twinketta
    Options
    i was 14 years old, in love with a 19 year old. thought this was true love until he broke my heart. got over him rather quickly and met my true first love my freshman year in college at the age of 18. T had me wide open in love. I will never forget him! First loves are great

First loves are the best loves, no matter how old you are! They teach us a whole lot of stuff for life ahead
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I was 16. Still together :) Which is scary! I've made boys cry before, but I've never been dumped. Been through a lot together though.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I fell in love when I was 19. Where I come from, we don't fall in love more than once and that was my one and only love
  • twinketta
    Options
    What is love?

Love is a wonderful thing, given the chance from either side! I hope you find it one day and not just for the person that you arwe going to give your love to but from the love you will get back x
  • twinketta
    Options
    I fell in love when I was 19. Where I come from, we don't fall in love more than once and that was my one and only love

I hope you are still in love???
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My first was when I was 14, we went out for 10 months and at the time I thought it was forever.
  • twinketta
    Options
    Met him when I was 15, he was 19? Married him at 16. Working on our 39th anniversary. Still the love of my life.

sorry to keep posting but, but wow, 39th year coming up, that is amazing, sending super hugs to you and your man x
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    My first real love started at 14...however at that time it may have been more "puppy love" - but it did grow. We dated for 2yrs broke up and then got back together after high school. We didnt last long but we are still friends and he still holds a very special place in my heart!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I hope you are still in love???

I will most likely love her till the day I die. She is married to some other guy though and I hope she's very happy with him