Your first love? How old was you?

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    My first was when I was 14, we went out for 10 months and at the time I thought it was forever.

At 14 it is always forever :brokenheart:
  • twinketta
    Options
    I fell in love when I was 19. Where I come from, we don't fall in love more than once and that was my one and only love

I hope you are still in love???

I will most likely love her till the day I die. She is married to some other guy though and I hope she's very happy with him

I hope she is very happy too!!! She obviously missed out on a lovely person, but everything happens for a reason x
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I was 16. Was with him up until last month :\

Ah well, it wasn't gonna be forever - only took me 9 years to realise that!
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    I was in Fouth grade and a sixth grader named Eric drew me a picture of a lion and gave it to me on the bus ride home. I was in love and we even dated for while in high school but he was a tool and the only person to ever break up with me. Then there was Shawn who I dated for four years and he moved away. Luke next and he tried to propose at my senior homecoming. oh the memories! Why is it so much sweeter and more fairy tale like when you are young?
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I was 15 when I fell in love. His name was Russell, I meet him at a church dance. He was very sweet and treated me really well. My mom didn't want me to have a boyfriend so I dated others boys but still remained friends with him through high school and after that we lost track of each other.
  • twinketta
    Options
    I was 16. Was with him up until last month :\

Ah well, it wasn't gonna be forever - only took me 9 years to realise that!

Well done you for your 9 years, think of it that you will always have learnt a lot about love x
  • twinketta
    Options
    I was in Fouth grade and a sixth grader named Eric drew me a picture of a lion and gave it to me on the bus ride home. I was in love and we even dated for while in high school but he was a tool and the only person to ever break up with me. Then there was Shawn who I dated for four years and he moved away. Luke next and he tried to propose at my senior homecoming. oh the memories! Why is it so much sweeter and more fairy tale like when you are young?

I hope Eric, Luke and Shawn kick themselves now for letting you go lol!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I was in the 8th grade and he was in 7th
    I went to private school and he went to public
    it lasted 3 months....until my parents found out LOL
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    First minor crush -- boy named Ryan in my when I was in 4th grade, major crush 7th grade, boy who sat behind me in homeroom but never really gave me the time of day. First kiss -- Don Coffee, 14 years old at Island Lake summer camp. We spent most of our free time together holding hands all week and he kissed me on the last night after he walked me back to my cabin. We talked on the phone alot after camp until my dad got the phone bill and forbid any more long distance calling. Last I knew of him was when he called me once the next spring to tell me his Navy dad was being transferred to Japan. I had romantic notions of First Kiss to Happily Ever After but not really realistic under the circumstances. ha ha
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    I met him when I was 16. It was Halloween night. I was going to the French Quarter with some friends and he came along. That night we became inseparable. He was my first love, the first guy I slept with, the first guy that actually meant something other than having someone to "go out" with. He was a year ahead of me and when he graduated, he moved 2000 miles away to go to school and live with his dad. We really thought it would we could make it work. It did for a while (my parents even let me miss a week of school to go visit him). But the fickleness of youth and lack proximity got to us. I cheated on him (BIG mistake! Oh, to be able to go back and beat the crap out of my 18-year-old self. Not that i think we would still be toghether, but it's just an awful thing to do.) and I broke up with him. Thanks to social media, we are still friends. We actually give each other relationship advice. He came to my town last year to visit another friend and while he was here, well, we had a "good time." The spark was still there, but not so much as when we were younger. So we stick to giving each other relationship advice and arguing about football.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    The wrong people will, that is true. But true love does exist, and I think it is worth everything you have to go through to get it.
    Love is a wonderful thing, given the chance from either side! I hope you find it one day and not just for the person that you are going to give your love to but from the love you will get back x

Forgive me for believing as I do, but in my experience... it isn't worth it. True love only exists in fairy tales. I have only one good story, and that is one of my two parents.... when it was the final days of my mother's life.

My brother had a child, my parent's legacy will live on though him... and him alone.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    It hasn't happened yet. I'm still hoping.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I was 17, he was 15. It was a nightmare. We dated for two months, he never kissed me and when I asked why he pushed me into a wall and walked off. I found him later making out with his friend Matt. Oh, that's why. We broke up a week later. :laugh:
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I *thought* I was in love when I was 16. LOL nope. With him for a year, had an awkward rebound, then fell in ACTUAL love at 17 - still going strong!
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I dated my first boyfriend when I was 16. I thought I loved him but I didn't.... I thought my best guy friend was much cuter. I was so sad when he broke up with me but....

I met my first real love at 17 and we're still together.
  • QuickShot18
    QuickShot18 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    15, almost 16, I met her, goshhhhh! And we're still together this very day(: :heart:
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    About 20 or so. I'm not sure exactly when it changed from friendship to love.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I was 18 he was 26 and we have been married for 36 terrific years! Kids aged 24-34.5. His name is Jim. Happily ever after does happen.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I know this is very young but heck whatever I was in love. 9. I started dating at 8 and my first boyfriend was in High School LOL. I was a fast little girl. The high schooler was my brothers friend. They didn't know we we're dating until one summer and then I broke up with him because he was going through pubrety. .
    In retrospect, does this not seem a little dodgy to you?
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I had quite a few crushes when I was young, but my first love I met when I was 23 and I have been married to him for 22 years.