Replies

• Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Also turkey bacon is salt city to me >.>
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    What the heck is turkey bacon? Bacon comes from pigs. What they should call it is thinly sliced turkey strips. I hate it. It tastes nothing like bacon. If hate when people create things to say its healthier. I would just eat the real stuff more responsibly. Instead of eating real bacon everyday, Ill just eat it every othere day if its not healthy. I hate the creation of turkey bacon.

Mikes daily Rant

Just wondering how you feel about Turkey Meatball, Turkey Meatloaf etc?
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Ok Mike, I do happen to like the stuff. I dont eat it often. :laugh:

Why do we have to ruin bacons reputation with a healthier option. The key to it is just to eat less of it. Bacon is so perfect! We dont need an alternative to something so brilliant. Can I go to a restaraunt and order a TBLT(Turkey Bacon Lettuce Tomato)? NOOOO!! It doesnt exist! Just burns my bacon thinking about Turkey Strips posing as bacon. :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

Actually TBLT does exist - it's sliced turkey, (pig) bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayo, and is one of my favorite sandwiches.

I also love good turkey bacon. It's not like regular bacon where any cheap brand is pretty good; you have to seek out the good stuiff.
  • CymruBiology
    Options
    I used to eat it over bacon because I prefer the taste rather than for nutritional differences. I don't see why your getting so riled over semantics they name it turkey bacon/ham because it probably sells better than a product called "Turkey which has been artificially flavoured with pork flavour".
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Turkey "bacon" is just wrong. Fake bacon flavored turkey styrofoam.

I couldn't have stuck to this diet and lost any weight without being able to eat bacon. Bacon is good for the soul and the taste buds. I buy my bacon from a local meat producer. It is so lean I hardly get any grease in the pan.

Wonderful testimony. Bacon for President!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    i adore Turkey Bacon. I also like the pork variety too! :)

Turkey Strips. Please be respectful. No name calling. lol.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I just hate all bacon, I don't discriminate based on type of animal it come from haha.

This

Blasphemy!
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    I grew up eating it instead of the real stuff, my Dad is allergic to pork, it makes him really sick. So I don't mind it. But I can see your point. Sad that you don't like bacon though... missing out.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    What the heck is turkey bacon? Bacon comes from pigs. What they should call it is thinly sliced turkey strips. I hate it. It tastes nothing like bacon. If hate when people create things to say its healthier. I would just eat the real stuff more responsibly. Instead of eating real bacon everyday, Ill just eat it every othere day if its not healthy. I hate the creation of turkey bacon.

Mikes daily Rant

Just wondering how you feel about Turkey Meatball, Turkey Meatloaf etc?

I love everything else turkey. I love turkey just hate that turkey strips are called turkey "bacon." I rarely eat beef so I do use turkey for meatballs, meatloaf etc.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    :laugh: Ok Mike, I do happen to like the stuff. I dont eat it often. :laugh:

Why do we have to ruin bacons reputation with a healthier option. The key to it is just to eat less of it. Bacon is so perfect! We dont need an alternative to something so brilliant. Can I go to a restaraunt and order a TBLT(Turkey Bacon Lettuce Tomato)? NOOOO!! It doesnt exist! Just burns my bacon thinking about Turkey Strips posing as bacon. :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

Yeah you said the key word with "Real Bacon" Thats my point you eat it with turkey deli meat and Real Bacon! lol

Actually TBLT does exist - it's sliced turkey, (pig) bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayo, and is one of my favorite sandwiches.

I also love good turkey bacon. It's not like regular bacon where any cheap brand is pretty good; you have to seek out the good stuiff.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I used to eat it over bacon because I prefer the taste rather than for nutritional differences. I don't see why your getting so riled over semantics they name it turkey bacon/ham because it probably sells better than a product called "Turkey which has been artificially flavoured with pork flavour".

Its ok. Ill live. Im not really that riled up. Just having a little fun. Is that ok with you?
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Pork makes me break out and can send me into anaphylactic shock. So turkey bacon keeps my breakfast a little similar to my family's without the unfortunate side affects.

very valid excuse :)
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I like both. But with turkey bacon I can eat 2 or 3 strips with my eggs and be fine. But regular bacon owns my soul, if it's in my house I'll fry up the whole package at once. So I only it is as a treat at diners where they control the portion. :)

Uhhh yeahhh. I was obsessed with bacon a short time before the whole world (or at least the whole 'net) became obsessed with it and at that time, I would fry up an entire 1lb package at 11p or 12a, about 3x/night after already having eaten a full day's worth. One contributor to me weighing as much as I do :)

As everyone else became so obsessed, I kinda rounded out and became less obsessed though and now I have a more healthy relationship with it (and more control!) than I used to. But in the meantime, wise choice! :)
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You have to really search for good turkey bacon the Amish farmers market makes a great one heer in Maryland and also Murrays if you have it out that way. I do love the real stuff though in moderation of course!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    You have to really search for good turkey bacon the Amish farmers market makes a great one heer in Maryland and also Murrays if you have it out that way. I do love the real stuff though in moderation of course!

Well when I come visit you in a few days you will be in charge of feeding me so ill give it another try.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon has a few advantages for me:

1. Uniformity - same length, width, etc - great for sandwiches.
    2. Ease of cooking in the microwave - I nuke it in batches, and can do something else in the meantime (like dealing with an almost 3 year old chaos machine)
    3. Instant gratification - occasionally I'll just eat a strip raw as I'm waiting for the microwave. No different than bologna!

Now, when it comes to using it for recipes, I'll use real bacon every time.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have tried a few different brands of turkey bacon and they all fail. Another thing I have given up on is turkey sausage. Yuck. Turkey burgers are the only good things I have found that is turkey which is not the real deal roasted out of the oven turkey.
  • RavenHershey0107
    Options
    I happen to hate everything about pork bacon. The smell, the taste and texture is just gross IMO. I love turkey bacon though and I hope it never goes away. I don't choose turkey over pork because I think its healthy I just like turkey bacon.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I happen to hate everything about pork bacon. The smell, the taste and texture is just gross IMO. I love turkey bacon though and I hope it never goes away. I don't choose turkey over pork because I think its healthy I just like turkey bacon.

Fair enough. But its all in the name. Its not going anywhere. However, I hope the name does.
  • roxannerox
    Options
    I like turkey bacon!