The Gym Etiquette Paradox

Options

Replies

• lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Just something to ponder this morning, while you sit at your desk and try to fool your boss into thinking your actually working.

Kind of hard to make them think I'm in here working when I'm laughing hysterically!!! :laugh:
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the hilarious thread - i've enjoyed reading :wink:

BTW - Happy Monday!
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the hilarious thread - i've enjoyed reading :wink:

BTW - Happy Monday!
    You're welcome. It's 11:20 and it's still not locked nor deleted. I feel so unloved.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    well I've never felt the need to pee in the corners of the gym.

by the way how many sets do you have left? can I get the weights when your done
  • GorillaEsq
    Options

Mabel's coming to kick your @ss. Just an fyi.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd use the weights first so there is no pee on them.... ;)
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    Personally, I'd use the weights first so there is no pee on them.... ;)
    You love it. I've seen the video on YouTube.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just hate, and therefore want to throat punch, everyone. Saves time in figuring out who's okay and who's not.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I only object to groups of people who act like the entire space is their own personal space. This applies at the gym, the grocery store, the freeway, etc. Don't put away your weights. Leave your cart diagonal across the aisle so no one may pass. Cut off other drivers.

*any relation to the original post is purely coincidental.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I'm the same way in almost all aspects of my life, not just at the gym.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I generally ignore most others in the gym... I actually get a good laugh from the 'meatheads' grunting and groaning after lifting a very heave weight 5 times and then staring at themselves in the mirror.

However, one thing that really bugs me is someone on a machine and talking on their cell phone at the same time! If I can hear you over my music, you are a problem! I don't need to hear about your kids or whatever...

Oh, and a person who passes gas on the next machine and it is so bad that you have to move... true story!
  • blakejohn
    Options

Mabel's coming to kick your @ss. Just an fyi.

your a big dude, a good fight is a great workout
  • blakejohn
    Options
    I just hate, and therefore want to throat punch, everyone. Saves time in figuring out who's okay and who's not.

throat punch is one of the hardest to land unless you sucker punch someone, but with the right gear we could go a few rounds
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    You're from Pittsburgh. That's just how you guys say "hello."
  • gtlightning98
    gtlightning98 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't look at what anyone else is doing, I don't look if anyone else is looking at me, I have in-ear buds that block out all sound, most people probably think I'm a jerk because I don't do anything social except say, "are you done with that bench?". The gym will always be filled with meatheads, pretty people, heavy people, inexperienced people, self-absorbed people, people doing weird excercises, people who want to be seen, people who go to watch everyone else, and plenty of people who just want to use the gym anonymously.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You're from Pittsburgh. That's just how you guys say "hello."

Oh, so you've been here. That saves time.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I try. I give it until 10AM EST before it's deleted.

You've made it well past that! :drinker:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Thanks for the nice laugh early in the morning. I like the fact that you at least love the little old ladies.

I get self-conscious in the gym, so I usually try to go when it's empty -- or nearly empty. And, when it's not empty, I try to just stay to myself. I guess I would probably be the type of person people would hate because they think I am a snob. Who knows.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    I try. I give it until 10AM EST before it's deleted.

You've made it well past that! :drinker:
    I know. I feel empty inside.
  • saravsally
    Options
    OP, I'm going to friend request you, because you made me smile