SAHM 1/18--1/24

Options

Replies

• blessdmomof4
    Options
    How do you set the wf+ to 350? I don't know what that means. I have only used it a few times but I would have to be super hula hooping all day to burn that many calories :smile: I must be doing something wrong... I'll have to take some time and figure it out.

I hadn't thought to moniter sodium too. I just added sugar today, that's going to be hard to stay under what they recommended for me because I am a fruit lover... I'll go add sodium now!
    Thanks everyone.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Melissa, after you select you Mii and get to your training screen (aerobics, yoga, training plus, etc), select the button under strength training. It should take you to a locker room. It's been a while since I've done this, so trying to remember off hand. After you get to the locker room, you'll see a trainer icon, METs icon, and dinnerware icon. Select the dinnerware icon. In the lower right you should see a button with calories or something. Use that, then you can select the calories you would like to burn each session.
    You don't have to hula hoop all day to get 350 done. 2 rounds of expert boxing will do 160 cals, then you can do free run for another 100 cals, and choose whatever games you want to polish off the last 100 cals. It should only take you 30-45 mins.

After a while, you'll unlock a feature where a door pops up on your calendar screen. That will take you directly to the locker room.

By the way, I'm diabetic, and ALWAYS over on sugar on MFP, and not for lack of trying either. I think the last piece of chocolate I had was Christmas. Now that I DO miss! Chocolate Ensure is just not the same as a Milky Way Midnight.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    will need to read and catch up! could NOT get online all day today---but the cox magician just helped me solve the problem. yay!

nicole--i saw you lost weight--yay you! and caught that your race went well--yay you!!!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Trish- you did the right thing! Yay! You could always run on the track too!

Thanks Stacey!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    whew--caught up!
    just awesomeness all over the place!! yay girls!!

melissa, i don't monitor my sugar anymore b/c i too like fruit and my #s were always over. it's also true that mfp sets the protein levels low, relatively speaking. i do track my fiber--25g is the rec i find on the internet searches i do. i don't know why mfp is so low. i also watch my sodium. i am almost always way below the 2500. when i'm over it's cuz my cals are WAY over too--from junk!

in the beginning i just focused on cardio--primarily walking with leslie sansone walk at home dvd's from the library. dh got p90x and eventually got into doing that. i do a hybrid version tho where i combine my walking with lean and strength p90x routines. now if i would just do one whole week of a routine.....

i was reviewing the p90x nutrition plan today. i might try that...but idk. i just don't do well on regimens. but then again, my laissez faire way has led to 4# gain in the last 3 months.

off to drink more water and be with kids. i just want to r-e-s-t....
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo!!! The floor is done!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: We still need to put in the trim pieces, but DH said he should be able to get those in tomorrow. I hope so! I tried to put a pic of the floor in this post, but I can't figure out how to do it. I've put pics in my profile. It looks much better in person. I was amazed at how fast it went in. DH and neighbor started on it at 8:30 am yesterday, and they finished around 1pm.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Glad you got your floor done, Amy. I bet it's beautiful.

Well my sniffles from yesterday turned into full fledged sinus gambu. The rest of me feels okay, but my brain is really foggy, I'm tired, and I feel like there's an onion being chopped about 2 inches away from me. Needless to say I won't be going to church to share it. I already let the other ladies in Primary know I probably wouldn't be there to do my job today. I just hope they got the messages.
    Andy is getting gambu, too.
    Good thing today is an off day as far as workouts go. :(

Plan for today: Curl up on couch in favorite hoodie and play dead as best I can (Grace still needs a parent. This will be one of the days I ask her if she's learned to make herself a pb&j yet). Drink TONS of airborne. Make pizza for dinner, loaded up with veggies and pineapples. Should be a good antioxidant booster.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    trish, sorry ur under the weather. good plan of attack!
    your new pic is GREAT--wow! you can totally see the wt loss in your face and you look so much YOUNGER! 26# wtg girl!!!!
    and yeah--when grace can get her own food....my how the world of laziness opens up to us moms! :)
    if only family services knew the concoctions my oldest put together while i nap....

in any case, i hope you and andy are able to get enuf rest to feel better by tomorrow. (don't forget to try nasal washes--that helps to keep things flowing out)

alright. to the DISHES. we have 0 countertops at this point. yes. gross. very gross.

later--
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I really should explain the picture. It was taken a few years ago (pre-baby). I am almost back to my pre-baby weight, so thought I'd use the pic in the meantime. It's one of my favorites. I will probably post a picture of myself after I've lost 50#, which isn't far off at all!
    Already down another pound since Friday. Looks like I'll definitely be hitting 30 lbs lost by the time I see my diabetes doc on the 3rd.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Ohhh Nicole.... If I am still sick tomorrow, should I move my training day to Thursday, or is that too close to the race on Saturday?

Andy pulled another Galahad. He has the gambu, too, and went out into the cold, snowy world for Bolthouse C-Boost juice, cold meds, and other goodies.
    Did I mention how CUTE he looked in his track suit last night? He got a track suit at walmart. In the changing room, I heard "Dear, could you get me a medium pant" and threw the large over the door. DUDE! Medium? Probably TMI here, but I might need to start goosing him again ;)

EDIT: One more thing, Nicole. Should I expect a temporary weight increase from the race? I just don't want to be really bummed when I worked hard to get 30 lbs off before my checkup, only to have a 5-10 lb increase from the race
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope your Sunday is going well. Mine is a bit rainy, but that's ok, I walked with Hubby this morning, and I am Kyle to Wal-Mart to get dress clothes for his Orchestra concert on Tues. He is growing like a weed right now!
    :noway:

Trish- you can run on Thurs, but I would just do something extremely easy to get the legs moving nothing more. If is just a minor head cold tomorrow, I would try to run, sometimes it actually gets things flowing and clears it out...keep tissues handy! You know your body best. You may gain, since you are not used to running, but like you said it's temporary. Actually, if you would weigh yourself without eating or drinking right after the race, you would see a decrease for water weight lost because you sweat it out. another misnomer...oh well!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I'm not miserable, just super congested/head cold. I can't breathe out my nose. Foggy head. Sleepy. The rest of me feels fine. I'm just a big wimp, so was wondering if I still feel this way tomorrow if it would make it better or worse. Might as well give it a go & do my best without pushing it, right? Every calorie counts. I would like to try going the full 3 miles by Wednesday. That would give me 2 recovery days, and I'll know that I can do it, because I'll already have done it.

Was just dozing off on couch when Grace woke up 1/2 hr early from nap. Same thing happened yesterday when this whole nasty sinus stuff started coming on. Must keep telling myself that Andy needs the rest more than I do, and Motherhood is next to Sainthood. So I got Grace (AGAIN) and let Andy sleep. One of us has to be productive & pay the bills. Right?
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I had a lovely day today. My mother kept my kids for the night last night, so I had only myself to ready for church this am, then swung by to pick my kids up. Gavyn usually fusses because he has to stay in "big church" during the singing, then he goes off to Sun school. But all by himself today he chose to bring a book to read, and after reading a chapter he got up and started dancing, clapping, and singing along with the worship. :happy: My little one had a rough time in the nursery after being away from mommy all night, but she did fine for the whole hour.. I only had to check in on her once. The sermon was wonderful, and talked all about beauty, and I felt like I just kind of opened up after this month or so of depression and thought "I am beautiful because God made me beautiful" Ladies let's think of that this week...no matter what's going on tell yourself "I am BEAUTIFUL!"

I think sometimes I don't realize how isolated I am as a SAHM. I really need to get my butt in gear with the play groups. I've got 2 SAHM friends from church that have given me their #s and asked to do something with me, but then they don't call and neither do I, it just falls to the wayside. But I'm lacking in adult conversation. My husband and I joined a study group at the church last week, so now there's these 10 families that I feel obligated to chat with before and after services, and I enjoy it although I write about it like it's a chore, but when I got home I was EXHAUSTED. Just from carrying on a couple of conversations. I'm scared because ( I think it's agoraphobia? Fear of social situations, leaving the house, etc.?) runs in my fam, and I don't want to isolate myself to the point that happens. Alright so 2 goals this week for me... help me stick to them girls?
    1. Tell myself I am beautiful everyday
    2. Get out and make some friends (in real life, not just cyberspace here)

Trish, I do hope you get to feeling better. As far as your run, I'm not very experienced, but I think that you should maybe just do some brisk walking tomorrow. I only say this because you talk about feeling sleepy and foggy and I worry about an injury. A friend of mine got serious road rash and had to have stitches bc of tripping and falling while WALKING. BTW, I think it's wonderful how thoughtful you are of Andy being sick and letting him sleep. Guys tend to be wimps when it comes to being sick anyway, so trying to make him take care of the baby while sick would prob not turn out well. And it sounds like he does alot to help you out when he can. Good job trying to be 50/50 on the relationship.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    God created so much beauty in the world, and He created us in His image. Therefore, we are truly beautiful. If you ever stop to think of the amazing things our bodies can do, there is no question about beauty. Thank you for reminding us of this, Jr!
  • jrbowers83
    Options
    I like to look up educational vids on youtube to educate the kiddos. Came across this one today, my DS loved when it used to come on as a commercial. Hope it gives you a little laugh, but seriously there are some awesome breakfast ideas there. :wink:

EDIT: forgot the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRhxBnbByTU

Hey Trish, your daughter is close to my daughter's age, so I thought I'd ask... has she gone through/going through the "no" phase? My daughter just started this and it is mind-boggling. My son completely bypassed that stage of development. He is in the highly gifted range for intelligence, and just learns things in COMPLETELY diff ways than most children. I took alot of things for granted thinking all babies did what he did. He didn't talk anything besides his own little made-up language only he and I could understand until he was 2.5. But then he came out speaking complete, enunciated sentences. Things like "No mommy, that frustrates me." So, back to my original point, my daughter has started saying no to everything. This morning I asked if she wanted her milk and she said "no" so I started to take it away and she wails at me NOOOOOO, which really meant yes? so confusing. Then at lunch time she starts doing the sign for more, so I ask more what? more milk? and she says no, which this morning meant yes, so I hand her the sippy which she deftly flings from the high chair with lightning quick reflexes and just as quickly juts her hand back to my face demanding something, had no idea what, and continuing to say, nononono. Ah, I throw my hands up sometimes. So any opinions, addtl. experiences with this, etc.?
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Jr, that sounds like my 2 year old!!! She doesn't do the signing thing anymore. She kind of threw that out the window when she started talking. So any advice you get would be great! I'll keep an eye out!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Jr, Grace is exceptionally smart and passed the no phase quite a while ago. When she said no, I would tell her "Yes" instead. Now she says yes to everything, LOL. I'll even ask her if she wants to sit on the potty. She will nod her head and run to the toilet and wait for me to put her on it. She tells me when she's done by signing, and saying the word. She mainly has her own language with some of our words mixed in. I think the funniest thing she does is whisper under her breath, really fast, "Gotu, gotu, gotu, gotu..."
    I don't know what it means. She also says Tooka tooka. Whenever we say it back to her, it makes her happy.
    I am very confident that she is not on the same level as other babies.
    I recently picked up a 4 month old and was shocked at how floppy she was. Grace was up, looking around (turning her head) the night she was born (we have pictures as proof)y , and doing push ups at her 2 week checkup. Even one of my best friends, who has 4 very intelligent kids, says that Grace is not normal, but in a good way.
    The only time she says no when she's doing something she's not supposed to be doing. Example: Saying "No" and shaking her head when she climbs on the couch arms (Naughty)
  • jrbowers83
    Options
    Thanks Silver and Trish for letting me know how it went, or is going for you guys. You pose an interesting point of view Trish, maybe my Lyci says no all the time because I say no to her so often. That seems like common sense but I hadn't thought of it. Will need to find ways to say yes or just other words besides no. LOL. And your Grace does sound like a real smarty, and a mischievous one at that! Saying no and then climbing on furniture, that cracks me up :laugh: And I know what you mean about the mobility thing- By 1 mo, Alycia would flip from her back to her stomach while sleeping and I'd freak out about SIDS, but the ped. said it was fine as long as I didn't lay her down that way and at 5 mo she was cruising furniture already, while the other babies were still content to lie around and look at mobiles. Just goes to show what a wide range of development kids can have! Let me know how the potty thing progresses. My niece is almost 3 and not potty trained, and my son wasn't completely potty trained until about age 5!! (Which is a setback of his working mind. He wouldn't break his concentration long enough to GO to the bathroom.) But I hear that girls tend to progress faster than boys, so I'd like to hear some positive news about it. I've been taking her potty with me since she was 8 mo. She sits on her chair and sometimes goes sometimes doesn't, but right now I just want to get her comfortable with it so she isn't scared to try,kwim? Well, gonna go finish laundry then read a book before bed. I took the kids out for a 30 min walk after dinner, so DD went right to bed and DS is relaxing on the couch in his pjs watching cartoons...should be off to bed soon. Feels good to have a relaxing evening for once!
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Howdy all! Wow the weekend has flown. I spent most of the day yesterday finishing the flower girl dress. It is so cute!!! If you wanna see you can check my blog at http://brush-family.blogspot.com/.

It kept me from doing much else but it also meant I didn't have time to snack--I do that a lot it seems on the weekends. We had a birthday party right after church today so I was afraid that wouldn't go well. They had angel food cake & strawberries(yum!) so I could skip the cake and icing. So I am going to be right on for my cals today too!

Amy--so glad the floor is done. Did you put the treadmill back yet?

Trish--hope the head cold goes away fast. Keep resting! We want you to do well on your race.

Amy--2 year olds--gotta love them! They know what they want but can't seem to get it communicated the right way for the rest of us. I remember just laughing at mine several times because they were so funny in their adamant NO's but the really meant Yes. :) Be patient they will figure it out.

Jr--I love the "I am beautiful because God made me" thought. So many time I find myself just shaking my head at the mirror. I need to not depend upon what I see to support how I feel about me. Thanks for the reminder. Make the effort to connect with other SAHMs. It is SOOOOO worth it. I remember praying as a younger mom(not an old one yet!) for friends and I have connected with several who will be lifelong friends. Their kids and mine are the best of friend now too.

Melissa--Try not to get overwhelmed by how far over you go on everything at first. This is a journey!!! Pick one or two things to work on. I don't have a huge problem with fat but I am always over(unless I try) on carbs & under on protein. However I know when I hit the mark on those I loose weight. So I try to find a balance. I haven't kept track of sodium much but it does play a role too. You can do it --just don't go crazy with changing everything at once.

Nicole--WAY TO GO on the race!!!!! You are amazing.

Goals this week: Walk/jog Mon, Wed, Fri, Water--8 glasses per day, stay right on my cals, 1 dessert(not 3 or 4)

Well I must get my menu figured out for the week. I think that is why the last couple of weeks have gone so well. I have some holes this week. Anyone have a good fish recipe or two? Post it if you do! I need one.

Kim
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you again to Jr's inspirational thought & add that I have a picture of the Savior in my home, and below him is the quote "If you could see yourself the way I see you, you would realize how great is your infinite worth."
    How deeply would we love ourselves if we just took a moment & tried not to see what is in the mirror, but instead, what is inside ourselves? Maybe then we could see what our loving Father in Heaven sees, and realize our eternal beauty.

Curlie, the dress is pretty, just as suspected ;)

Now I have a question for those of you with toddlers. Do you ever find them crawling on the floor (like they did prior to walking) just to amuse themselves?
    Grace is a sweet girl, more playful than mischievious. She helps pick up her toys, gives snuggles, and plays "Psych!" (Y'know, where you ask "Can Mommy have that?" and they start to give it to you, but then run off with it, laughing hysterically)

Feeling a little feverish now, but able to breathe. I think this is good. I believe something needs to get worse before it can get better. Enjoyed our pizza-- olives, mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes, pineapples (antioxidant kick, yes?), and will continue to veg & guzzle airborne, and other homeopathics.
    Going to hit the gym tomorrow, no matter what, unless there's a blizzard. Unlikely!
    Everyone there is really good about disinfecting the equipment right after they use it. Definitely a place to get healthy!

And Silver, what did your doctor end up saying? You're leaving us in the dark there!