Mikes Daily Rant Topic: Big Bones

123457»

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Not sure how relevent this thought is, given the direction the thread is going, but...
    How come there were no "big-boned" or "fat runs in my family" sufferers in Auschwitz, or Dachau...
    Just a thought? :ohwell:

Are you really comparing anything to the concentration camps and genocide that occured? That's disturbing how you could even correlate that. I'm not sure what's going on in your mind that even makes that a logical jump.

I was not comparing anything with them or that dreadful time.
    My only point was that when you do not eat much food you loose weight, and there were no survivors of those terrible places who came out carrying a little extra weight.
    It was not my intention to cause offence or disturb anyone.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Not sure how relevent this thought is, given the direction the thread is going, but...
    How come there were no "big-boned" or "fat runs in my family" sufferers in Auschwitz, or Dachau...

Are you really comparing anything to the concentration camps and genocide that occured? That's disturbing how you could even correlate that. I'm not sure what's going on in your mind that even makes that a logical jump.

My only point was that when you do not eat much food you loose weight, and there were no survivors of those terrible places who came out carrying a little extra weight.

No one brings up the holocaust in the middle of chitchat fun and games threads unless they are trying to cause offense and disturb people. Because under no circumstances is it every comforting, funny or happy.
  • Not sure how relevent this thought is, given the direction the thread is going, but...

No one brings up the holocaust in the middle of chitchat fun and games threads unless they are trying to cause offense and disturb people. Because under no circumstances is it every comforting, funny or happy.

While we are at it, we might as well talk about slavery. How many calories did slaves burn while working in the fields? I wonder if any of them wore a HRM.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    I sometimes say my fiance is "big boned"...his bones are a NORMAL SIZE but his rib cage is very wide, making him appear fatter than he is. But, not every fat person that makes that excuse can say the same. I agree!
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    While we are at it, we might as well talk about slavery. How many calories did slaves burn while working in the fields? I wonder if any of them wore a HRM.

Am I going to Hell for laughing at that? :L
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    "Daily Rant" ? You rant DAILY? *sigh*
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    No big bones here. Just big butt and thighs. :bigsmile:

Inbox me proof.

THAT I can not do sir... LOL I don't think my husband would appreciate it much. :tongue:
  • While we are at it, we might as well talk about slavery. How many calories did slaves burn while working in the fields? I wonder if any of them wore a HRM.

Of Course not!!!
  • No big bones here. Just big butt and thighs. :bigsmile:

Inbox me proof.

THAT I can not do sir... LOL I don't think my husband would appreciate it much. :tongue:

Ha Ha. Of course that is a very valid reason not to.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Whenever somebody would complain about being big boned my dad used to say: Have you ever seen a fat skeleton? That usually shut them up :p
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member

Given some of vituperation I think that is entirely possible.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Why is that IGNORE button still broken when you really need it?
  • Why is that IGNORE button still broken when you really need it?

yeah where is it?
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    lol last time someone said they were "big boned" i politely said no elephants have big bones.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    “Big boned” is just another excuse people use for not wanting to put forth the effort to lose weight. It’s up there with “I have a gland problem” or “I have slow metabolism”. These tend to be the same people who say things like “real women have curves”.

I have honestly never heard of a person who ate less and exercised more being absolutely incapable of losing weight. I suppose you can have slow metabolism or a thyroid issue or whatever but those things aren’t going to cause weight to magically appear on you if you are eating less and working out. It make take longer to lose, but it will happen eventually.
  • lol last time someone said they were "big boned" i politely said no elephants have big bones.

^^^This^^^