Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    when do you start to see results? im on day 7 level 1 and havnt seen any differences what so ever :/

Have you taken pics? Sometimes just looking at yourself doesn't work from memory. The first time I did it it took me 3 days to see a difference. However, it's taken longer now that my body got used to level 1. Now that I'm no level 2 day 8 this morning, I saw a difference in the mirror again :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 6/Level 1 - 8 pushups and 6 pushups. If I can just add one more a day, I will be happy. :)

As far as results, My pants are getting baggier. I did not take any measurements, but I did take before pics. After the 30 days, I will take after pics.

As far as my plan, I plan to do the 30 days (currently doing the modified version) and then do it again (the more intense version). I'd like to stick to some DVDs until spring and then start up the C25K.

I'm going to stick to DVD's too. NO way am I going outside in the cold unless I have to! I'm going to do Ripped in 30 after shred. :) Starting the 19th of this month should be about when I start it too. ^^
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 17, Level 2 outta here! I'm tempted to do level 3 already but I'm also exercising discipline, so I must finish this level before going on to level 3. I'm sure Monday will be here soon enough. Then I can start it. :wink: Much better workout than yesterday! Put more effort into it, for sure!

I'm only doing 8 days of each level. Then I'm going to move on to ripped in 30. I get the problem where I get bored, and I don't work as hard, so it's better for me to cut off a few days and make those days count. I'll probably redo the 30DS in a couple of months though.
  • ellanoise
    ellanoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    day 7/level 1 - 9 pushups and 7 pushups. I'm still arguing with myself to get out of bed and excercise before work in the morning. I wish I could just pop out of bed and be ready to go.
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    I just finished Day One - wow, so hard! Looking forward to seeing the results, not so much looking forward to doing it each day though ;) Feels good to have started though.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Day 18, Level 2 is history! Only 2 days left for level 2! Then it's the final phase. :smile:
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 18, Level 2 is history! Only 2 days left for level 2! Then it's the final phase. :smile:

Awesome, I'm starting level 2 tomorrow morning :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    I just finished Day One - wow, so hard! Looking forward to seeing the results, not so much looking forward to doing it each day though ;) Feels good to have started though.

It's really tough. But doing this DVD has made me Love exercise when I HATED it before :)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Arrrrgh, another rest day for me. Yesterday I was just too exhausted to start and decided to rest. Today, though, is another story. I had to do so much paperwork for tomorrow morning that it took me a couple of hours. During the day it was not possible, because my daughter decided she didn't need a nap. It's quarter past midnight now, and I don't think I'm going to exercise. I hate level 2 with passion but I honestly regret not beeing able to do the workout. :(
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Arrrrgh, another rest day for me. Yesterday I was just too exhausted to start and decided to rest. Today, though, is another story. I had to do so much paperwork for tomorrow morning that it took me a couple of hours. During the day it was not possible, because my daughter decided she didn't need a nap. It's quarter past midnight now, and I don't think I'm going to exercise. I hate level 2 with passion but I honestly regret not beeing able to do the workout. :(

Lol, I actually really liked level 2! :) Hopefully you can get it in tomorrow!
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    Day 19, Level 2 finished! Man, I'm so tired! No matter how many times I do any level, feeling tired after a workout is a great sign of a job well done. One day left of level 2! Yay!
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options

Aww, how old is your daughter? I remember when my kids decided no naps. They were around age 2. Now they're almost all teenagers! Try not to stress too much about not getting a workout in. Just do your best when you can! :)
    I really don't like level 2 either, but it's part of the program... so gotta get 'er done!
  • ellanoise
    ellanoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 8/Level 1 done! 10 pushups and 8 pushups. (still modified, but woohoo!)

I went to the Dr. this am and was pleased to get on the scale fully dressed and see my weight! 2 more days of level one and then on to level 2! I'm on track for the 30 day shred in the 30 days of November. ;-)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 19, Level 2 finished! Man, I'm so tired! No matter how many times I do any level, feeling tired after a workout is a great sign of a job well done. One day left of level 2! Yay!

Yay that's awesome :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Day 8/Level 1 done! 10 pushups and 8 pushups. (still modified, but woohoo!)

I went to the Dr. this am and was pleased to get on the scale fully dressed and see my weight! 2 more days of level one and then on to level 2! I'm on track for the 30 day shred in the 30 days of November. ;-)

Yay! Way to go :)
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    Level 3 Day 1, Check. I'm going to die *lies on floor* WOW is that one TOUGH!!!! I'll be glad when it's over! ;)
  • sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Because I have decided to jump around with the 30DS, I did Day 1 Level 3 this morning. Wow!!! I had to follow Anita b/c I couldn't keep up with Natalie but at least I'm still doing the program itself. And I know if I were on like Day 6 of Level 1 I'd a quit by now. I need things to be mixed up or I won't stick with it. I also bought Ripped in 30 yesterday and another one of Jillian's DVD's....kickboxing something?? I am really excited to keep going rotating all of them and most of all to stay interested!! I am seeing small changes already. :happy:
  • LabrakaDebra
    LabrakaDebra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    After a short hiatus due to tweaking my back (totally unrelated to exercising!), I'm back at it. I did Level 3 day 1 last week, but somehow found it less difficult than Level 2. Anyone else feel like that? Those plank-based exercises in Level 2 were really difficult for me, and I feel good about making progress on those. So I went back to Level 2, but I won't stay there long...because I'll get bored.
    Because I have decided to jump around with the 30DS, I did Day 1 Level 3 this morning. Wow!!! I had to follow Anita b/c I couldn't keep up with Natalie but at least I'm still doing the program itself. And I know if I were on like Day 6 of Level 1 I'd a quit by now. I need things to be mixed up or I won't stick with it. I also bought Ripped in 30 yesterday and another one of Jillian's DVD's....kickboxing something?? I am really excited to keep going rotating all of them and most of all to stay interested!! I am seeing small changes already. :happy:

Well done! And I totally agree with mixing it up. I've found that if I know the exercise sequence too well, I start counting the number of reps, or thinking about what exercise is next and how hard that exercise is...My mind plays too many games! I need to keep it mixed up. I'm going to get Ripped in 30 for sure, and probably will be mixing it up with 30 Day Shred.
  • OspreyVista
    Options
    After a short hiatus due to tweaking my back (totally unrelated to exercising!), I'm back at it. I did Level 3 day 1 last week, but somehow found it less difficult than Level 2. Anyone else feel like that? Those plank-based exercises in Level 2 were really difficult for me, and I feel good about making progress on those. So I went back to Level 2, but I won't stay there long...because I'll get bored.

Well done! And I totally agree with mixing it up. I've found that if I know the exercise sequence too well, I start counting the number of reps, or thinking about what exercise is next and how hard that exercise is...My mind plays too many games! I need to keep it mixed up. I'm going to get Ripped in 30 for sure, and probably will be mixing it up with 30 Day Shred.

Actually level 2 was easier for me than level 3. In fact, I'm not so sure I like level 3. Especially the superman pose! The whole level is tough, but I'm looking forward to the results at the end! I always begin with Anita, and then move it up with weights, and up to Natalie as I go along and the exercises get easier for me. :)
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 1. I had heard that level 2 is actually easier than level 1... NOT TRUE. Squat thrusters had me dying.

Buuut I got through it (the best I could)!

When I finish the whole 30DS, I'm planning on repeating it from level 1 day 1. Looking forward to seeing the results in the form of "wow this isn't as hard as I remember."