Starting 30DS Today

Options

Replies

• saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS today! Oh man, it has wrecked me! My legs are still trembling, ha!

Unfortunately I won't be able to commit to this daily due to my work shifts with trying to fit everything in. I'll combine this with daily dog walks and Pilates.

How do I log the 30 DS in on MFP??
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Welcome, vedder26. Most people use "circuit training, general" for 30DS.

And not commiting to it daily is actually exactly the right thing to do. Most of us take a rest day after 2-3 workouts. Jillian recommends the following: shred - shred - cardio - shred - shred - cardio - rest day. I actually only do the shred and walking.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    23 of 30! Feeling good about myself today!
  • miriameam
    miriameam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started 30DS today. Did my first workout and i am sitting her still slightly tembling. I know i am going to be hurting tomorrow. My goal is to do 30 workouts by the end of the year and i am working up the courage to take a "before" picture this evening of me in a bathing suit so i can see the diffenrence at the end of the year. Im always afraid of taking "before" pictures, because what if there is no "after"? Hmmm... Let's see if i can work up the courage.
  • Cheddars13
    Cheddars13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 1 today.....was a little easier to get through and hope to stick to it this time!!
    bit worried about level 2 though! Im refusing to take a peek at the video because of some of the comments i've read on here! :indifferent: im sure i can get through it :smile:
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    To Miriameam: Don't feel daunted about sitting there trembling after the 1st day. I think that happens to everyone, unless they're already used to doing really vigorous exercise. If you can, take a nice warm soak tonight. If it's just sore muscles (and not something that feels worse) make sure you do another day tomorrow. Then take a cardio day. By the next day you should have worked out the muscle soreness. Do take that before picture if only for yourself and do stick with it. I wish I had taken a before picture. I haven't lost much weight, but I can wear dresses I haven't worn for nearly 10 years. Good luck!
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Whew! Day 26 done, level 3! Had a recovery weekend and my muscles were still hurting this morning. Now that I'm done today's workout, I can take it a bit easier. Great workout, great burn! :)
  • ellanoise
    ellanoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 19/30. 1 more day of level 2 then on to level 3. :noway:
  • mewzalard
    mewzalard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started 30DS today. Did my first workout and i am sitting her still slightly tembling. I know i am going to be hurting tomorrow. My goal is to do 30 workouts by the end of the year and i am working up the courage to take a "before" picture this evening of me in a bathing suit so i can see the diffenrence at the end of the year. Im always afraid of taking "before" pictures, because what if there is no "after"? Hmmm... Let's see if i can work up the courage.
    Miriameam....

I started mine a week ago today. I spent about 2-3 hours after trembling on that first day. Day 2 and i had to use the banister to get up and down the stairs. Last nights shred (day 6) i found, 'good', not easy but I didn't feel like i was dying after 10 minutes.

Do take that "before" picture! I really didn't want to for the exact same reason, but i took Day 7 photo today and there is a difference - it's not huge but I can see it, it make me happy to see and makes me want to continue.
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just started 30ds this morning and feeling great. Can not wait to see the results, if any.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Definitely take your "before" pictures! I believe they are the best tool to show your progress, much better than the scale or even measuring tape (sometimes you lose inches in places you didn't measure).
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    Day 27, Level 3 outta here! I've lost about 2 inches in my chest and 1 inch in other places and a total of 4 lbs, so far! Gotta think now what I'm going to do after this. Maybe 6 week 6 pack every other day and then my Minna Lessig weights dvd every other day. Just trying to whittle down my belly for the most part! woohoo!
  • ellanoise
    ellanoise Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 20 (day 10 of level 2) All done!!! Level 3 starts tomorrow. I finally went out and bought some 3 lb dumbells. I think I'm gonna stick it out with my soup cans for the rest of this first round of 30DS.
  • dcf44
    dcf44 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of level 3: Anyone else find the level 3 plank rows awkward? I was using 3 lb weights after feeling like 5 lbs was too much in the previous levels, but either this level is easier or I'm getting much stronger because upping to 7-lb dumbells make the plank rows easier (my knuckles had more room when my weight was resting on that hand) and the other moves in the workout are too easy with 3 lb weights...
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    I'm on Day 3 of level 3: Anyone else find the level 3 plank rows awkward? I was using 3 lb weights after feeling like 5 lbs was too much in the previous levels, but either this level is easier or I'm getting much stronger because upping to 7-lb dumbells make the plank rows easier (my knuckles had more room when my weight was resting on that hand) and the other moves in the workout are too easy with 3 lb weights...

That's exactly why I use heavier weights with the plank rows! My fingers and hands were feeling smushed and it hurt so I had to use heavier weights. Either 5 or 7 pounds, depending which ones I grab first! I think it's a trick! LOL Other than that, I don't find it too awkward. I kinda enjoy them. Also, by the time I get to those, I'm reminded that I'm ALMOST done! wheee!

One thing I find awkward is the holding plank at the end. She only has us hold one side and I think that is why only one side of my back is sorer than the other. She should have us hold BOTH sides to even things out. I just realized that today. I find it funny too when she makes the comment that Natalie's not using her knee on the floor "all you"... um, isn't it all her- knee or not? Who else is it going to be? I crack myself up with my own comments directed at Jillian... :laugh:
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I also use heavier weights for rows. I always alternate. I used 8lbs for chest press in the 1st level and for the row. Stopped using them in the 2nd level, alternated between 3 and 5lbs. In level 3 I use 3-5lbs for the cardio part and 8lbs for the exercise with 1 weight (squat/press).

I just completed day 4. I used to work out during the day during my daughter's nap which was great because I had the evening for relaxing. But she started to stand up and I'm worried about her falling off the bed ( she sleeps in my bed - we're still waiting for her own bed to be delivered) so I check on her every few minutes and don't trust myself staying in the living room for half an hour. That said, only evenings are left. And I find it much harder to stay motivated in the evening when all I want to do is to sit on sofa and read or sleep.

Luckily, I felt like it was slightly easier for me today. I even tried a few jumping lunges (gave up after app. 7 though ;) ).

And yes, holding the plank in the end only happens on one side. Which is why I started to hold it on both.
  • quinn329
    quinn329 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tonight, or I suppose last night considering the time, I finished Day 1 of Level 1. I'm super excited and hope to see some good results!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    OK! I'm back! I got as far as day 8 level one when someone smacked me in the face and caused damage to my eye so I couldn't exercise! I've been building up exercise again by walking and I'm going to go back to day 1 level 1 after work today! Wish me luck!
  • myfitnesslife75
    Options
    Day 28, level 2 DONE! Only 2 days left!! :glasses:

OK, jump squat complaint about Natalie...she cheats. While Jillian's chest is nearly making contact with her knees while doing these, Natalie looks like she's doing the modified version. Even Anita, the modifier, puts more effort into it! Is there a way we can email these people and call them out on their cheating? LOL

I think my muscles are really feeling the strain when it comes to level 3. I'm ready to just be done with 30DS, put it in my "Accomplished" list and then move on to something else! :smile:
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Day 25 done!

Oh, I'm so jealous of those who are done already! On the other hand, I do like this level and I am noticing changes in my body while doing it so keeping on working out might be a good idea.

And yes, Natalie is cheating quite often actually, and the first one to stop exercising when Jillian says "one more". :)