I gained 18 pounds overnight

Options
123457»

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    That is impossible. I think you would die from self-combustion if your body gained 18 pounds in 24 hours.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My question is: Why do you weigh yourself before you go to bed? That is not a very accurate measure at the best of times due to the amounts you have taken in and eliminated during the day. Just weigh once a day, first thing in the morning and forget about it the rest of the day.
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Whoa now people... lets not rule out an alien parasite. Did you see how quickly that alien baby grew in 'Prometheus?' :P

This is obviously the only logical explanation!!
    :laugh:
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Wow thats like 1.8 gallon of water! I wouldnt like to say its not possible but my guess its not and be something to do with your scales, either they are broke or you stood on one side or something for one of the weigh ins, i always place my feet in the exact same position when i weigh in.
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had that issue once... I learned that you're not supposed to store your scale sideways. If you do, you need to put it down, and not touch it for a couple of minutes before you use it. Apparently, if you move your scale around and then step on it, it's likely to be inaccurate. I've now plunked my scale down in a spot in my room and am no longer moving it around. My numbers are much more stable.

I'll try this, thanks for sharing! To OP: It MUST be a problem with the scale, don't worry :wink:
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I can only assume you ate a toddler.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    someone once told me that around "that time of month" a woman body holds more water, anyone know if this is true?

2 or 3 pounds of water max.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    someone once told me that around "that time of month" a woman body holds more water, anyone know if this is true?

Not by the amount you are talking about it doesn't lol
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's your scale. If it's battery operated I would change the batteries, or get another scale. I might have to do the same soon. Also make sure you get 3-5 weigh ins to make sure they measurements are adding up.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention yesterday, but I realized at some point in the past, that if I was touching my counter, it effected the weight on the scale. It made me lighter because I was exerting pressure on the counter top, I guess. Since then, I always make sure to keep my hands off everything when weighing.

Oh and thanks for all the fun laughs, folks. You made my crappy day a bit better. :laugh:
  • Tealady12
    Options
    You are not supose to wiegh yourself while holding a baby, groceries, laundry or bags of potatos