Hurtful Names!

Options
We've all heard it and were hurt by it before.... Hurful names...

Post atleast 2 names you were called. Use them as a remnider of where you dont want to go back to and why you would STICK to this new lifestyle change and LOSE the Weight once and for All....:wink::smile:

Mines are: 'Fat Girl' and "Bubulups" ( a name for really fat ppl in my country)

Replies

• selkins90
    selkins90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    , "big and brawny girl" was my favorite hahaha. My mom described me to someone that way in a grocery store, trying to prove she didn't need help with groceries. I was horrified and tried to laugh it off but wanted to cry hahaha.
    As far as names I have been called "big Sara" (singling me out from skinny and normal size Sara apparently) and fatty fatty two by four....along with the rest of the jingle that goes along with it.
    I am sure there more creative ones I can't recall
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    slouchy and a slob...by my mom :(
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    BIG BONED and LARGE GIRL!!!!!!! NEVER GOING BACK!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Fatty Patty
    Big Mama

Pretty sad but true, thats why I lost most of the weight and will continue to keep it off.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    One that sticks out in my mind....Tundra (my name is Sandra).
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Last night I got called a hoss, by my trainer when I was doing lunges. It kinda made me laugh because people ussually use it to be mean but she meant it in a good way. I just got called the usual, fat.
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Beastie, and the great gapster....I had a gap
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Does Fatty Mc-Fat-Fat count if it's used by a close friend and makes me laugh and always gets me to work out?? lol

My personality always seemed to make up for it....never called names - except when my daughter told me I was Fat haha
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Someone told me I was shaped like a pumpkin.... :(
    Big momma is what my kids would call me.
    Now they call me little momma. :)
  • smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    slouchy and a slob...by my mom :(
  • smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    By your Mom. Ouch. We won't call you that to be sure!!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    my mom spent so much time calling me thunder thighs and hippo hips as a child I had no idea that i was actually thin in high school until I got seriously fat as an adult and took a look at some old pictures. I wasted my skinny youth thinking I was a fat girl and I'm kind of pissed about it. I told my mom a few weeks back and she said we only called you that because you were so strong...WTF?
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    When I was in Jr high (6-8th grade), there was this boy that used to tease the hell out of me and I would just ignore him. I was tall and curvy but definitely not fat (when I was 21 I got fat) and he would call me terrible things. One name that stuck out to this day (we're talking 20+ years later) was Jasmine. As in Jasmine the pig from Doc Hollywood with Michael J Fox. Another name he called me was Twin Towers because my good friend was bigger. I never saw him after 8th grade...the kid ended up getting his butt kicked and went to a private school.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    * Being referred to as "a big girl"
    * Someone congratulating me on the baby (I have never been pregnant)
    * Being told "you know, it's really obvious how much you've gained. It doesn't look good."

...among other hurtful conversations...

Back in high school, I once went from 134 to 111 in one month, after being told "looks like you should start doing sit-ups again." That wasn't a healthy loss but d@mn I was motivated and determined!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Ive had people yell "Fat *kitten*" or "Wide Load" out of car windows or stick a wide load sticker to my butt

I think the worst was when we learned in 6th grade about the Spanish armada and my name is Amanda... so the rest of the year everyone said I was as big as an armada and called me that.
  • Evey_bee
    Evey_bee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    "muffin top" and "flabby" are the 2 that come straight to mind /:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Not for being fat, just for being odd (in grade school and middle school): cootie, queer, ugly, stupid. I was even spit on once.

It didn't cure me. I'm still odd.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I took one of my fav geometric skirts that I bought at Coldwater Creek to buy a new top ( it is filled with fall colors in geo shapes) while looking the sales lady asked for the skirt and then proceeded to hold it up and say to the clerk up front slowly as she opened it fully with dramatic flare Re MEM BER THIS SKIRT! with a insincere and cruel smile and I had gain alot of weight and I was horrified!:noway: iF THE CLOTHES WERENT SO GOOD FOR THE SIZE I WOULD HAVE NEVER RETURNED.
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    * Thunder Thighs
    * Moink (This one was created my my stepfather and he even had it written on one of my birthday cakes)

I don't recall any others except for just being called fat. But the above names ironically were just used by my stepdad. he is an evil man and I hope he rots in hell someday.
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    my mom spent so much time calling me thunder thighs and hippo hips as a child I had no idea that i was actually thin in high school until I got seriously fat as an adult and took a look at some old pictures. I wasted my skinny youth thinking I was a fat girl and I'm kind of pissed about it. I told my mom a few weeks back and she said we only called you that because you were so strong...WTF?

Wow...we could have the same mother! LOL

Same here...slightly chubby as a child, then thin in HS, but always told I was fat. Then really gained weight after my kids were born.