Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    With a taste of your lips, I'm on a ride
    You're toxic, I'm slippin' under
    With a taste of a poison paradise
    I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic?
    And I love what you do, don't you know that you're toxic?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My my, the bullies have been back to feast. Thanks for the nice post comments and observations. Those to you who who are guilty guilty guilty know who you are and your buttons are so easy to find.

Disagreement/rebuttals = bullying, only in your fantasy world

ZOMG you big musclely meaniepants!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the worst. I'd rather use fake butter.

Fake butter is my favorite! :drinker:

On a more serious note, everyone who does not agree with every word you say and/or offers a differing opinon =/= bullies. Neither here nor in the real world. Please join reality, we really do want you here. :flowerforyou:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Disappointed it took till the 4th page for this :(
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Did I say YOU were addicted to sweets? No I did not. Like I said. FILTERS. Might be worth reading into. I am on 6 other forums,
    both personal and professional, and I have never been bullied before, ever. It would never be tolerated, and abusers are banned. I would not tolerate it in real life either. Week moderation, and a bunch of problematic people. And NO, I did not say all myfitnesspal members are problematic. Just you message board abusers, trolls, flamers, and what not. See yah!

Just ignore them. The muscle heads like to pounce on threads in groups and try to belittle anyone trying to share information they don't like. We all know that anyone with muscles is by default healthy.

So would you consider the below, solid info worth sharing or unsubstantiated nonsense? I watched the 60 min clip and read the studies referenced and it does not back up OP's claim, so it's either fear mongering or just a total fail in comprehension

New research linking sugar, in any form, to cancer, diabetes,cholesterol problems, high blood pressure. Basically all the bad stuff. The researchers suggest limiting caloric intake to 100 to 150 calories a day from sweets. Worth the watch
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Did I say YOU were addicted to sweets? No I did not. Like I said. FILTERS. Might be worth reading into. I am on 6 other forums,
    both personal and professional, and I have never been bullied before, ever. It would never be tolerated, and abusers are banned. I would not tolerate it in real life either. Week moderation, and a bunch of problematic people. And NO, I did not say all myfitnesspal members are problematic. Just you message board abusers, trolls, flamers, and what not. See yah!

Just ignore them. The muscle heads like to pounce on threads in groups and try to belittle anyone trying to share information they don't like. We all know that anyone with muscles is by default healthy.

Seriously?? You think that what this is all about?? You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that the OP has put up 2 (that I know of) inflammatory and fear mongering posts?? It's all about muscle heads pouncing?? You seems to have a view point that has a large dose of cognitive dissonance.
  • rml_16
    Options

Disappointed it took till the 4th page for this :(

I'm glad 'cause I got to do it!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Who pissed in your weetabix?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Do you have any research that surpassing the USDA by 10% or 100% of added sugar has clear negative health outcomes while maintaining overall calories? Thought not. Let's stick to the information and not belittle anyone with passive aggressive monikers like meatheads. Although I do like the name "meathead posse"; can I be the towel boy?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    lol, bumping to read later, with the ice cream and popcorn I now plan to eat for lunch.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I put some sugar in my coffee the other day. I immediately went into cardiac arrest and died. The revived me at the hospital tho. Doc said I was lucky to have put fake butter on my toast that morning. Seems fake butter has magical properties.

True story.

Was it fake butter with pomegranate and açai berry extract? If not, this all could have been avoided.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options

This is why you are one of my favorite people on here.

ETA: Every time I hear this song I think of the Firefly episode, "Our Mrs. Reynolds." It's Mal and Yosaffbridge's wedding song.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    lol, bumping to read later, with the ice cream and popcorn I now plan to eat for lunch.

I had this right before bed for the past 2 nights. Was excellent.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

I had this right before bed for the past 2 nights. Was excellent.

muscles are not welcome here.:angry: Didnt you get the memo?

I like sugar.
  • rml_16
    Options

This is why you are one of my favorite people on here.

ETA: Every time I hear this song I think of the Firefly episode, "Our Mrs. Reynolds." It's Mal and Yosaffbridge's wedding song.

:-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

People attacking someone for sharing information they found helpful. Not providing alternative information ort trying to have an open debate or discussion. Just attacking. Just being mean. Just being pissy for no reason other than perhaps it makes them feel better. Which is weird and more than a little sad.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

People attacking someone for sharing information they found helpful. Not providing alternative information ort trying to have an open debate or discussion. Just attacking. Just being mean. Just being pissy for no reason other than perhaps it makes them feel better. Which is weird and more than a little sad.

So you call people muscle heads.....ironic.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Alright read through this. From the article it's referencing a study that is 'in the middle' and doesn't link to it. Does anyone have the specifics? (Acg looking at you here)

Why do you believe this stance, and not others?

Also I have a question, if there was a similar article stating the opposite, what would you think about it?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Not providing alternative information or trying to have an open debate or discussion.

Are we in the same thread?
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Debating and questioning is not attacking.

*throws extra tampons at the crowd, clearly some need them*
This discussion has been closed.