Great clip about how sugar is toxic.

Options
12346»

Replies

• BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I put some sugar in my coffee the other day. I immediately went into cardiac arrest and died. The revived me at the hospital tho. Doc said I was lucky to have put fake butter on my toast that morning. Seems fake butter has magical properties.

True story.

Thanks, I just snorted out loud at work. That's just too damn funny!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Did I say YOU were addicted to sweets? No I did not. Like I said. FILTERS. Might be worth reading into. I am on 6 other forums,
    both personal and professional, and I have never been bullied before, ever. It would never be tolerated, and abusers are banned. I would not tolerate it in real life either. Week moderation, and a bunch of problematic people. And NO, I did not say all myfitnesspal members are problematic. Just you message board abusers, trolls, flamers, and what not. See yah!

Just ignore them. The muscle heads like to pounce on threads in groups and try to belittle anyone trying to share information they don't like. We all know that anyone with muscles is by default healthy.

Do you have any research that surpassing the USDA by 10% or 100% of added sugar has clear negative health outcomes while maintaining overall calories? Thought not. Let's stick to the information and not belittle anyone with passive aggressive monikers like meatheads. Although I do like the name "meathead posse"; can I be the towel boy?

Can I be the "meathead posse's" official watergirl? Or mascot? Anything? Anything?
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    BUMP. I'm at work now, and can't watch the video. But, I will definitely need to when I get home.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Since my post was at the end of page four, it'll probably get read by exactly nobody. Here. He says it much better than I could:

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/

I would honestly like to hear your response to that article.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Did I say YOU were addicted to sweets? No I did not. Like I said. FILTERS. Might be worth reading into. I am on 6 other forums,
    both personal and professional, and I have never been bullied before, ever. It would never be tolerated, and abusers are banned. I would not tolerate it in real life either. Week moderation, and a bunch of problematic people. And NO, I did not say all myfitnesspal members are problematic. Just you message board abusers, trolls, flamers, and what not. See yah!

Just ignore them. The muscle heads like to pounce on threads in groups and try to belittle anyone trying to share information they don't like. We all know that anyone with muscles is by default healthy.

Who pissed in your weetabix?

People attacking someone for sharing information they found helpful. Not providing alternative information ort trying to have an open debate or discussion. Just attacking. Just being mean. Just being pissy for no reason other than perhaps it makes them feel better. Which is weird and more than a little sad.

So you call people muscle heads.....ironic.

Yes, it was meant to be.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Snarky and not funny. I like you.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Since my post was at the end of page four, it'll probably get read by exactly nobody. Here. He says it much better than I could:

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/

Read it.
    Alain Aragon takes the nail, gives it a wack, and sinks it through the floor. Excellent blog and post on the selective evidence of Dr Lustig.
    Again and however, I agree with Lustig's conclusion that added and easily available sugar is partially to blame for a health crisis and probably requires a health policy change. But, going after sugar alone is repeating the same mistake that was made with fats. From there, trying to blame sugar for some toxic effect is highly dubious and counter effective when it leaves the general population no better informed about what it should really focus on. I feel that by creating these boogie-man foods people just stop listening.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Read it.
    Alain Aragon takes the nail, gives it a wack, and sinks it through the floor. Excellent blog and post on the selective evidence of Dr Lustig.
    Again and however, I agree with Lustig's conclusion that added and easily available sugar is partially to blame for a health crisis and probably requires a health policy change. But, going after sugar alone is repeating the same mistake that was made with fats. From there, trying to blame sugar for some toxic effect is highly dubious and counter effective when it leaves the general population no better informed about what it should really focus on. I feel that by creating these boogie-man foods people just stop listening.

I agree. The obesity problem we're facing is far too complex to blame on a single demon food. If we are to deal with actually fixing it, there has to be an acknowledgement of that.

Alan's blog was very well written and offers a nice counterargument to Lustig's claims. Be sure to read through the comments also as Lustig himself chimed in there and tried to "appeal to authority," and Alan called him out on that as well.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Who pissed in your weetabix?

People attacking someone for sharing information they found helpful. Not providing alternative information ort trying to have an open debate or discussion. Just attacking. Just being mean. Just being pissy for no reason other than perhaps it makes them feel better. Which is weird and more than a little sad.

Yes, it was meant to be.

Isn't that funny! Where I come from, when you intentionally engage in the behavior you accuse others of we call that hypocritical. Interesting. Must be some kind of regional difference.

The last 2 posts above this one are excellent and are most reflective of my thoughts.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    PregRx, mma, and Zyn don't count, they weren't complaining about bullying.

Still waiting.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yes, it was meant to be.

taking off the infini-quotes.

I must be slow (maybe I am one of those muscle heads and that is why) but I do not get the logic of your response. You insult people for being insulting then you say you intended the fact that you were being hypocritical to be ironic. Sorry, lost me there on that logic.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Read it.

^^ very nicely put.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dear MyFitnessPal's,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

We encourage open discussion as long as it is approached from a position of maturity and mutual respect for one another. This discussion has stepped outside the boundaries of our forums guidelines in too many ways, too many times for the debate to be allowed to continue.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.