People wearing too much makeup...

Options

Replies

• LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    From experience I avoid woman with too much makeup, first thing that pops into my head is insecurity and lack of confidence.

Ridiculous statement concerning make up is a billion dollar industry and millions of women wear it. Wearing makeup does not show a lack insecurity it shows a woman is taking an interest in herself and wants to feel good bout herself.

Your statement reeks of INSECURITY AND LACK OF CONFIDENCE.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    People can do as they please. I don't care how much makeup somebody wears, as it affects me none.
    BUT it does break my heart to hear beautiful women say "I can't leave the house without makeup on".

Doesn't hurt you since it's the guy that has to cope with the split personality

Make ON - Confident, fun and cheerful
    Make OFF - Insecure, whiny and jealous
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I wear it because Im a makeup artist....*flexes her muscles*
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Some girls are TOO talented with their make up. One day you see them and they look like Scarlet Johansen, the next time you see them without make up and they look like Kathy Griffin. Thats false advertising man lol.

Thankfully I am not on the market for women because I sympathize. With all the padded bras, padded butts, compression undergarments and makeup you never know what you are getting.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    People can do as they please. I don't care how much makeup somebody wears, as it affects me none.
    BUT it does break my heart to hear beautiful women say "I can't leave the house without makeup on".

It sounds like you're judging all girls by a few bad experiences. Not all are like that. You can't judge a whole group based on a few bad apples.
  • Tara1B
    Tara1B Posts: 78
    Options
    There is a difference in wearing makeup to enhance beauty and wearing makeup to cover up your low self esteem.

I for one can't stand woman wearing too much foundation, not only do I end up ingesting it when kissing her but I am pretty damn sure on the long run I will end up having kidney failure as well.

I will always prefer the more natural look, most men do anyways.

I have to wear foundation as I suffer from rosacea. I would feel very uncomfortable going out without it. I do not have confidence issues however.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I wear it so people can't see my acne scars..
  • MichelleLaree13
    Options
    There is a difference in wearing makeup to enhance beauty and wearing makeup to cover up your low self esteem.

I for one can't stand woman wearing too much foundation, not only do I end up ingesting it when kissing her but I am pretty damn sure on the long run I will end up having kidney failure as well.

I have to wear foundation as I suffer from rosacea. I would feel very uncomfortable going out without it. I do not have confidence issues however.
  • MichelleLaree13
    Options

I use to know a lady with Rosacea when I was a child. I thought she had the prettiest rosy cheeks. I thought she must be doing something to make them look so rosy :)
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Wow. If that's honestly what you think I feel sorry for you. You've clearly met a bunch of dreadful women.
    A woman who can only be confident and cheerful with makeup ON probably needs to be on a therapists couch.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    From experience I avoid woman with too much makeup, first thing that pops into my head is insecurity and lack of confidence.

Ridiculous statement concerning make up is a billion dollar industry and millions of women wear it. Wearing makeup does not show a lack insecurity it shows a woman is taking an interest in herself and wants to feel good bout herself.

Your statement reeks of INSECURITY AND LACK OF CONFIDENCE.

Read my previous post...there is a difference in wearing makeup to enhance certain features and caking it on to hide features such as freckles.

You know I have dated quite a few woman these past few years and those that left fond memories where those that felt comfortable in their own skin....I had no need to reassure my love for them and neither did they feel the need to wear a ton of makeup to feel good about themself.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have pretty good skin mostly, but invisa-lashes. long LONG ones that are so light you cant see them when I'm not wearing mascara. though it does not stop me going ALL bare faced 60% of my weekdays.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm all-natural, girl. I wake up looking this good.
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    Some people look great natural they have the right face for it, the long eyelashes, perfect nose, nice skin etc. There are SOME that really could use a little makeup to bring out their good qualities. I say it never hurts to put a little paint on the ole barn.
  • Kdhuynh54
    Options
    while makeup can sometimes be deceiving...who the heck cares. it's an art and a way to express creativity.

i have a very KISS like attitude towards makeup...if i'm going to take the effort to put it on my face...i generally like to use bold colors. while it's fun, it's definitely not something i NEED.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    My niece was just talking to me about this last night. She has a few friends who wear way more make-up then she does and she had a hard time to understand it. I asked her 'do you wear the same style of clothing everyday'? She says "no, I like to mix it up". I told her it was just like that. Some people like to change their make-up the same way she changes style of clothing...to suit their mood. Feeling sporty? Wear less. Feeling sexy? Wear more in a smokey look. Feeling powerful? Maybe hints of power points around the eyes. Everyone expresses themselves differently. Personally I don't wear a lot on 90% of the days... just my powder and eyeliner usually... but I certainly think it's acceptable and cool when others are different from me. Wear it, feel good, change it up...do what makes ya happy. I have 2 teenage daughters. One wears some make-up, and the other only likes to put on eyeliner...sometimes, other times no make-up. People are different, and express that difference in different ways - make-up is one of them
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've been with my husband for 10 years now - I wear make up every day & get dressed up for work.

When I come home I jump into a pair of sweats.

I dont even like to leave the house without mascara, it just makes me feel better about myself.

I love my makeup.
  • Dinamita_TNT
    Options
    Totally agree! Make up is a game. I usually don't wear it (although I'm make up artist, lol) but I play with it: nothing, little bit on, medium or... SUPERAWESOME lol
    Some girls are TOO talented with their make up. One day you see them and they look like Scarlet Johansen, the next time you see them without make up and they look like Kathy Griffin. Thats false advertising man lol.

this is too funny. and true sometimes. I've seen a girl look like kim k, then saw her bare faced and was shocked. but its all in fun I'm sure. we also have many other "false adv" things, hair color/etc, clothing, bras. but its become quite a part of our society.

i personally like to mix it up naked truth days, slight of hand days, to full on photoshoot sexy days. its nice to play "dress up" liker i said before.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I wear it because I'm a pale red head and I don't look alive without it on.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

LOL.

To work at my full time job usually some concealer, darker the eye brows a bit, mascara, blush. To my other work ( bar ) I am done up way more.

Make up is fun :)