People wearing too much makeup...

Options

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I've been with my husband for 10 years now - I wear make up every day & get dressed up for work.

When I come home I jump into a pair of sweats.

I dont even like to leave the house without mascara, it just makes me feel better about myself.

I love my makeup.

and this as well!!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I'm confused-are you talking about makeup in general or while working out?

I think-"to each their own".

I prefer natural makeup-I do wear makeup every day unless I'm camping or something...but I don't go the whole 9 yards with lipstick, lip liner, brow liner, etc. I want to look like a more clean cut and "stepped up" version of myself, not like I have a mask on.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have to wear makeup or look dead. I had melanoma in 2004 so I cannot tan.......look dead if I don't wear it and I prefer to look sexy....!!!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I loooove makeup. I wear it every single day. I use a light hand and usually look like Mama Fratelli (if you get that reference, I love you) at the end of the day but yeah, every single morning around 7am, I'm putting on my face! And I'm a stay at home mom, ha. It's just something that my mom taught me and I've kept to it because it's just what you do - you don't go anywhere without 1) being dressed 2) having clean hair and 3) putting on a little makeup.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with make up.
    A question for you though: would go out of the house without any make up? If not, then there is a problem.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Honey, you are missing one on your list: She is a Juggalo

juggas_9230.jpg
  • Be_EmbracE
    Be_EmbracE Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I prefer without because I m lazy haha.. :p I like the feeling without makeup. 99% I without makeup. when I do I maximum will do sunblocked, mascara, or lip gloss although I have quite alot acne scars due to some reasons this few months.

It is up to individual preference tat all ^.*
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    A question for you though: would go out of the house without any make up? If not, then there is a problem.

Seriously I don't know what you guys are talking about. I am 24 and have never wore makeup despite my recent acne problem (maybe some eyeliner and black lipstick in High School but I was going through a phase). You don't have to cake on a bunch of crap to feel sexy and confident.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    you know who really has this makeup thing down..... drag queens.

I've seen men prettier than some women after they work that magic. Its crazy.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    makeup_zps3fdc0139.jpg
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    tammy_faye_bakker1-thumb-400x495-426.jpg

Too much?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Yes but if I'm wearing so much make up that I look like Tammy Faye Baker then I would hope to GOD that someone, a close friend, relative, guy on the street ANYONE would point it out to me so I don't continue to look like an idiot.

Absolutely. I go out of the house no make up and hair not done. Hats are my friend! Although right now I'm a little bit more self conscious since I've had a recent bout of acne that makes me feel like I'm thirteen again :grumble: I still go out without make up on. When I do wear it I don't wear a lot of it. It's actually rather funny because when I worked for a company I wore makeup every single day, just not a lot. The few times I wore a different eye shadow, something brighter, I'd get the "You're wearing make up!" comments. A friend of mine and I got into a debate a few months ago over whether or not I wear makeup. I don't not wear a lot of make up to feel "superior" I just think that I look horrific with it caked on.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    There is a difference in wearing makeup to enhance beauty and wearing makeup to cover up your low self esteem.

This is a pretty sad assumption/judgement.... some people wear a lot because they like it and all the other reasons posted in the original post...others truly just don't know they have too much on. Whatever the reason is, assuming it's because they don't like themselves is ignorant.
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    From experience I avoid woman with too much makeup, first thing that pops into my head is insecurity and lack of confidence.

Ridiculous statement concerning make up is a billion dollar industry and millions of women wear it. Wearing makeup does not show a lack insecurity it shows a woman is taking an interest in herself and wants to feel good bout herself.

Your statement reeks of INSECURITY AND LACK OF CONFIDENCE.

Question- Does this mean that women who don't wear make up don't take an interest in themselves? I personally never wear make up. I think it makes a person look fake. If it makes you feel good to wear it, then more power to you. I feel good knowing I don't wear it.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    There is a difference in wearing makeup to enhance beauty and wearing makeup to cover up your low self esteem.

This is a pretty sad assumption/judgement.... some people wear a lot because they like it and all the other reasons posted in the original post...others truly just don't know they have too much on. Whatever the reason is, assuming it's because they don't like themselves is ignorant.

I was not exactly a super girly girl as a child. I liked playing outside not with dolls. I hated playing house and all that. But make up always looked fun, like painting. Or even cooking. Which I also enjoy. Not all do it for insecurities. Not all girls think/act/feel exactly alike. Men have just as bad a habit pooling us all together as we do them and their a hole tendencies. On either end its not right judging ppl you don't know.
  • mariababes27
    Options
    Well said......I can't stand when others worry about why or how much makeup someone has on!! Who cares?!?!
    I personally like makeup and I wear it daily due to unbalanced skin tone. No harm in that!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Honestly I tend to view girls/ women who wear a lot of make up as being super high maintenance. Mainly because their hair is just so and god forbid if a piece is out of place!

I'm the kind of girl who can be showered, dressed and out the door in fifteen minutes if I have to and I still look awesome.

ETA: Not sure what you all are constituting as a lot but for me it's when you can pretty much chisel their face off and you have to wonder what they really look like underneath all that stuff.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use keromask to hide my pigmentation disorders, people yell out the window "hey ugly" if I leave the home without it on.
  • issystclaire
    issystclaire Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've had a few people over the years who have said negative things about my having tattoos, like "You're so pretty and young, why would you do that to your body?" Or the fact that I am goth "You're such a pretty girl, it's a shame..." etc.

Personally, I am against plastic surgery or other cosmetic surgeris/procedures, but aside from that, I think if a girl wants to use make-up, hair dye, body mods, etc to change or enhance her appearance, for WHATEVER reason, it is ultimately her choice.

At the end of the day, no matter what you do or don't do, there will always be someone there to insult it or preach on about why they are superior to you - so if you are happy with your choices and the way you look, who gives a f*** what anyone else thinks? :smile:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Here's an easy way to think about it.

Besides the obvious (skin scars and issues) another reason people wear makeup is to express themselves.

I know women who wear too much make up (compared to what I wear) but to them it's like their body is a canvas.

For example....how silly would I sound to presume that dudes who have random chest tattoos are insecure and did it to look like they have game and are sure of themselves? Or that women who are covered in tattoos are dark and depressed? Stereotypes are a real b*tch. (Do you see my point? )

Point is you can have your preferences of what you like, of course, regarding how much someone wears...but for the love of God, don't assume you know squat about them as a person and their security without talking to them.. That just makes you sound silly.