People wearing too much makeup...

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    love this! I wear my makeup and my clothes or bikinis for ME and no one else. Not even my husband....
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Love it :)

I wear makeup because I have fun with it, and it shows my artistic side.....it's an expression of my creativity, just like my hair and tattoos.... I feel more put together and confident...my eyes are also my best feature, and I the makeup to play that up. My ex-boyfreind always made the sweetest compliments about my eyes, and the colors I chose for them etc....he was one of those guys that didn't mind it, though he once said my face looked very*pure* without it. lol. I do tend to look very young for my age ( I am 38, most people think i am in my twenties, especially sans make-up) so it helps me to not look TOO young. LOL. I am sure I will appreciate looking younger in about 10 or 20 years though. ;)
  • blushingmama
    blushingmama Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    just dont be sloppy with it!!!

wipe the lipstick off your teeth dammit! and if your friends are constantly telling you about the lipstick on your teeth - try not wearing as much.

the mascara - it's for your lashes, not intended to be smudged & smeared around your eyes cause you're in a rush. you look like a member of KISS without talent.

bronzer - unless you've spent a windy day at a baseball field do not apply so much orange that you look dirty.

and using Sally Hanson's panty hose spray as an all over tanning spray doesnt look good at all! If you sweat a tiny bit, it runs off everywhere. It's gross, find something else.

and if your fake toe nail keeps falling off - dont go around asking people if they've seen it. Just dont mention it - it makes people uncomfortable.

and if I'm having to tell one person all these issues - we cannot be friends, cause you're disgusting.

Yes, I know this woman I just described.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Honestly I tend to view girls/ women who wear a lot of make up as being super high maintenance. Mainly because their hair is just so and god forbid if a piece is out of place!

I'm the kind of girl who can be showered, dressed and out the door in fifteen minutes if I have to and I still look awesome.

ETA: Not sure what you all are constituting as a lot but for me it's when you can pretty much chisel their face off and you have to wonder what they really look like underneath all that stuff.

these are also largely assumptions. I straighten my hair maybe once a month. usually i let it dry curly or however it wants. and do not care if it gets messed up, i learn to almost expect it and bring a clip incase it does. I am not at all high maint. I take very little time to shower and get ready everyday. I do not buy expensive cloths, nor do I have to be dolled up daily. If a girl that thinks like this saw me one day, hair a muss, no make up and in yoga pants and hubs tee, they'de think different about me than if they had caught me on a dress up for hubby date type day.

its all assumptions.

you want to know ppls reasons, or whatever, ask them. don't assume.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with make up.
    A question for you though: would go out of the house without any make up? If not, then there is a problem.

Seriously I don't know what you guys are talking about. I am 24 and have never wore makeup despite my recent acne problem (maybe some eyeliner and black lipstick in High School but I was going through a phase). You don't have to cake on a bunch of crap to feel sexy and confident.

Oh I agree with you. I never wear any make up. But I dont see anything wrong with women that do. Its their thing, nothing wrong with that, as long as its not too much.
  • ZhayneRaye
    Options
    People at my church believe in natural beauty on youths and yong adults, and sadly I fall in that category. I wear extremely black eyeliner to make my blue eyse pop, and its really pretty. They judge me first before thinking that maybe it looks good that way... IDK
  • Musicianess20
    Musicianess20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    LLLOOOLLLLL!!! That's because people keep posting pictures on fb/instagram/etc. with a full face of make-up on and saying "no filter".....it's confused everybody! LOL

Edit: This was def supposed to be a reply to a comment...still learning....smh
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Honestly I tend to view girls/ women who wear a lot of make up as being super high maintenance. Mainly because their hair is just so and god forbid if a piece is out of place!

I'm the kind of girl who can be showered, dressed and out the door in fifteen minutes if I have to and I still look awesome.

ETA: Not sure what you all are constituting as a lot but for me it's when you can pretty much chisel their face off and you have to wonder what they really look like underneath all that stuff.

these are also largely assumptions. I straighten my hair maybe once a month. usually i let it dry curly or however it wants. and do not care if it gets messed up, i learn to almost expect it and bring a clip incase it does. I am not at all high maint. I take very little time to shower and get ready everyday. I do not buy expensive cloths, nor do I have to be dolled up daily. If a girl that thinks like this saw me one day, hair a muss, no make up and in yoga pants and hubs tee, they'de think different about me than if they had caught me on a dress up for hubby date type day.

its all assumptions.

Did you not read my edit? "ETA: Not sure what you all are constituting as a lot but for me it's when you can pretty much chisel their face off and you have to wonder what they really look like underneath all that stuff."

And yeah, it IS an assumption as well as my opinion as are all the other comments in this thread. I didn't specifically call you out or anyone here. I was simply stating what I felt and thought.

ETA: (putting in bold so you actually see it :flowerforyou: ) I also stated that I can be showered, dressed and out the door in fifteen minutes and still look good. I don't always wear make up except when I'm going out and I feel like putting it on. I don't always do my hair except when I'm going out and even then "doing" my hair constitutes putting in some mousse, scrunching it and that's all. I as well look completely different when I'm all 'done up' so to speak however I don't wear so much make up that my face melts in the summer or you can take a hammer and chisel and peel my face off my body which was the point of my previous edit as I am not sure what other people are calling a lot. For me, it's what I just stated.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    On the flip side. My husband's friend brought a girl over for a few weekends. She was very pretty, but after an afternoon hanging out at the fire, they got changed at our place to hit the bar. She put on a plaster coat of foundation, fake eyelashes, bronzer and tons of eyeliner and lipstick. She looked so fake, like a made over oompa-loompa, but before all the makeup she was a natural beauty. After makeup, she resembled those fake-looking duck face girls all over the internet. DEFINITELY not an improvement.:huh:
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    This may have been said, can't be bothered to read through all of this and listen to people judge other people. Just a heads up--- unless you have perfectly flawless skin, naturally thick eyelashes and perfectly moist lips... You can't get the beautiful "all natural" look without using skin products and often times make-up! Some people use a lot if make up o look all natural and hide blemishes. Just saying :) there are a million articles on how to do your make-up to look all natural.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I barely ever wear make-up as my SO hates it... but then again, I hardly wore it before that even though I'm quite good at applying it. I think I have pretty good skin without it.

That being said, I don't have a problem with other people wearing it, even if it is quite a lot.

However, if you're my friend and you look silly enough that people are talking about it, I'm going to tell you. I had a friend that wore her make-up in a way that made her look like Mimi from the Drew Carey show and people were calling her Mimi behind her back. I helped her work out a way to do her make-up that helped her accentuate what she wanted to without looking silly.

I have another really good friend that wears just as much if not more make-up but does so perfectly. It's a perfect extension of her personality and her style.

If you're going to wear a lot of make-up you just have to do it right...

Edit: spelling
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup somedays, and none others. It all depends on what mood I'm in (or if I oversleep or not -- and am late to work). When I do wear makeup, I feel more confidant, more in power (in a way). I've never been told I wear too much... but, I would also never tell someone they wear too much. It's about that person. No one else. Some people are just so insecure about themselves, they want to feel more in power by judging everyone else. Personally, I can't stand people like this.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options

its all assumptions.

Did you not read my edit? "ETA: Not sure what you all are constituting as a lot but for me it's when you can pretty much chisel their face off and you have to wonder what they really look like underneath all that stuff."

And yeah, it IS an assumption as well as my opinion as are all the other comments in this thread. I didn't specifically call you out or anyone here. I was simply stating what I felt and thought.

as was I dear.

and to miss AmberJo1984, last few lines... AGREE 100%
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the guys overdo it as well.

buzzcocks2.jpg
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    To the men who say they like the "natural" look- naturally, my skin is pale yet still red and blotchy and kind of washed out, and my eyebrows and eyelashes are so pale that I look like the dude in "Dark Side of the Moon" when he shaves off his eyebrows. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that when I put on a little powder to even out my skin tone, blush, blonde eyebrow pencil, brown mascara and lipgloss that is the same color as my gums (the trick to natural lip color), my husband and male friends think I'm makeup free. When i'm ACTUALLY makeup free I get "Are you sick, tired, hungover, etc". I don't take it personally because for me, the no-makeup look just looks worn-out. My mom and best friend have the same problem. Now for my dark-haired friends, they can easily go makeup free, because you can see their eyebrows and eyelashes, and olive complexions tend to have a bit more color in the cheeks. But I begrudge no one their makeup! (unless the lip liner is darker then the lipstick, because then your mouth looks like a *kitten*). Oh and makeup at the gym- ridiculous. If you're at the gym and your makeup isn't sweating off, you're doing it wrong.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm all-natural, girl. I wake up looking this good.

:D
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    How about people need to learn to worry about themselves? Who cares if someone is wearing make-up or not. I wear more makeup some days when I feel like dressing up or have a break out it makes me feel better. And I just like make-up that doesn't mean I'm insecure it means I like to wear make-up who gives a crap?
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Sensitive/defensive much?

Ever stop to think someone says "too much" but leaves off the "for me" part because not everything is about you/them/me?

Who are you to dictate what opinions someone can have?

Have a nice day and do what you like, the same as everyone else can do as they like.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I wear it not to scare the little kids.

Seriously though... I wear it when I feel like it and don't when I don't. Depends on my mood and the amount of time I have. Anddd i don't really care who wears it or not though have seen a few of my teenagers friends wear it so thick that you couldn't get it off with sandpaper... but hey, that's their business and I figure they like it like that so yeh... go for it.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    To the men who say they like the "natural" look- naturally, my skin is pale yet still red and blotchy and kind of washed out, and my eyebrows and eyelashes are so pale that I look like the dude in "Dark Side of the Moon" when he shaves off his eyebrows.

You mean Bob Geldof, and it was "The Wall"

bobgeldof04.jpg