What's up with all the rude sarcastic people here?

Options

Replies

• Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    idk, I like being sarcastic sometimes...life is funny and should be laughed at...but I try not to do it to hurt people.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficits = a-holes.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    jealous, control freaks that are able to google.

Great craic wonding them up all the same
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    There's a function to the forums where you can SEARCH recent posts and get 99.9% of the questions answered but people refuse or are too lazy to use the search function, therefore, the same questions get asked over and over and over and over and over again so yeah, sometimes it's annoying to people who have been around a while and they tend to reply with sarcasm...usually not intentionally being rude, just being silly.

There ARE a few trolls though that will be rude just to be rude and they even go so far as starting threads & asking questions they KNOW will get a rise out of people...just to start *kitten*.

Shocker hu? It's the internet after all.

I was going to say this, but you said is better than I. Well said :flowerforyou:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Om my lord, you really let random internet strangers bother you enough to start a thread about it? Ive had some truly nasty things said to me on here (admittedly by a total nutter!) but did I let it get to me, hell no!! I couldn't give a stuff about her opinion, it meant less than nothing to me...I didn't know her from adam and she knew nothing about me or my life, so her post was just drivel. It's the internet and people will give an opinion, some people are sarcastic, some think they are being funny, some and blunt but thats life, it isn't always pink fluffiness and rainbows even in MFP land.

Also I have to agree the search function is there for a reason. Because it works, and you can pretty much be guaranteed to find the answer to your question there. You have to admit the same questions such as 'How often do you weigh yourself' do get a little dull after a while!.

Sensible...and you've got no reason to be jealous of anyone.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    A08F2AB0-4C23-4B41-85EA-9DA243CA8AE2-5808-0000051ED17C089B.jpg
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Probably because no matter where you are you will find sarcastic and *****y people. Such is life! Move on to more important things..
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    1397885_o.gif
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this! It will really help solve the problem!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Some people are rude, and more like me are sarcastic with out thinking of who is not going to understand that it's just sarcasm, not meant to hurt anyone.

Your+sarcasm_abc439_3859873.jpg
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Fortunately there is the ignore user option in the drop down arrow under their name... :bigsmile:

Ooooh... thanks for the tip! I'm new, and did not know that! :)
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    im thinking about getting 3 mcdoubles for lunch today
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Rudeness is defensiveness and defensiveness is just fear masquerading as something else. People get on here because they want to be successful. While most of us cheer each other on and want to see each other succeed, for others, it's a threat to their own success. They don't want to see you succeed, especially if they themselves are not succeeding.

You also have to think of it this way:

How many rude people do you know in your own small world? You have now entered the internet and added my world, and the worlds of EVERYONE else on MFP. So by getting online to get support for your workouts and healthy living adjustment, you added a whole lot of support but also inherited all the jerks.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Om my lord, you really let random internet strangers bother you enough to start a thread about it? Ive had some truly nasty things said to me on here (admittedly by a total nutter!) but did I let it get to me, hell no!! I couldn't give a stuff about her opinion, it meant less than nothing to me...I didn't know her from adam and she knew nothing about me or my life, so her post was just drivel. It's the internet and people will give an opinion, some people are sarcastic, some think they are being funny, some and blunt but thats life, it isn't always pink fluffiness and rainbows even in MFP land.

Also I have to agree the search function is there for a reason. Because it works, and you can pretty much be guaranteed to find the answer to your question there. You have to admit the same questions such as 'How often do you weigh yourself' do get a little dull after a while!.

Sensible...and you've got no reason to be jealous of anyone.

:flowerforyou: oh you know what us women are like, never happy!! :laugh:
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficits = a-holes.

:laugh:

Hunger can lead to this :ohwell:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Just like in life-- weed through the people's opinions and decide your own.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    They're hungry. Or "hangry":)

lol that's what I was going to say too! There are a lot of food addicts going through withdrawals here....makes for lots o crabasses :wink:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Mmmm... can we spell the already incorrectly spelled "pwned" correctly in future iterations of this graphic?

Sincerely,

Grammar Nazi
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Yeah but it gives a chance for all us rude people to pretend we are just sarcastic and misunderstood. :bigsmile: