What's up with all the rude sarcastic people here?

Options

Replies

• datscheff
    Options
    Positivity breeds positivity and so it is with negativity. Life is way to short to look for the negativity! We ALL have our moments but to carry it around like excess weight (which is really why we are on MFP) and to attempt to suck others into your bad emotion is just doing a injustice to themselves and the community. Live long - Live strong & enjoy each other. We all bring something to the table!
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Not to derail the thread but OP...shouldn't you be out somewhere in a bikini or something? I'm not doing so badly but if I looked like you I wouldn't be worried about who was being mean to strangers on the internet. I would be half naked. Or completely naked someplace where many people would see. You look amazing.

sigh...its a wonder my parents kept me off the pole.

Carry on.

ROTFLMAO thank you. You are absolutely stunning.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Fortunately there is the ignore user option in the drop down arrow under their name... :bigsmile:

Hehehe, 625 days today and I didn't know that, thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • LakeSideAsylum
    Options
    This is something I have thought a lot about since I joined, I normally do not use the forums as I am usually on the iphone app. Anyway, here is my take on the subject. I believe that in todays technologiocally dependant world we have lost all accountability in what we say to others from behind the mask of a computer screen.

I very seriously doubt that some of the people on here would actually say it to someone's face.

I am a firm believer that if you are going to say something, be accountable. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face or take out an ad on a roadside billboard for the entire world to see with your photo and phone number attached, then you should keep your mouth shut.

The purpose of the site is to interact with others who are experiencing or have experienced the same thing, I believe that's why the word "pal" comes after myfitness, otherwise it would say myfitnessjackass.

However, once we venture onto the internet, you are going to have to come in contact with those *kitten* that hide behind a computer screen to bully others.

If there are any myfitness"pals" that agree, you are free to friend me for encouraging support, exchange of ideas, recipes and such. If your are a myfitnessjackass, well sorry, we aren't taking those kinds of friends at this time. ;)
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Just "because it's the internet" doesn't give anyone license to be rude. I often see a lot of people "talking" on here, but they don't really say a whole lot - the idea of them being heard is far more important than the feelings of another.

But, it ISSS the internet, so there's the option to move along and just be glad you're not subjected to those people on a regular basis.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    This is something I have thought a lot about since I joined, I normally do not use the forums as I am usually on the iphone app. Anyway, here is my take on the subject. I believe that in todays technologiocally dependant world we have lost all accountability in what we say to others from behind the mask of a computer screen.

I very seriously doubt that some of the people on here would actually say it to someone's face.

I am a firm believer that if you are going to say something, be accountable. If you wouldn't say it to someone's face or take out an ad on a roadside billboard for the entire world to see with your photo and phone number attached, then you should keep your mouth shut.

The purpose of the site is to interact with others who are experiencing or have experienced the same thing, I believe that's why the word "pal" comes after myfitness, otherwise it would say myfitnessjackass.

However, once we venture onto the internet, you are going to have to come in contact with those *kitten* that hide behind a computer screen to bully others.

If there are any myfitness"pals" that agree, you are free to friend me for encouraging support, exchange of ideas, recipes and such. If your are a myfitnessjackass, well sorry, we aren't taking those kinds of friends at this time. ;)

Where is this "myfitnessjackass" site, and how do I subscribe to their newsletter???
  • DJ2120
    Options
    Positivity breeds positivity and so it is with negativity. Life is way to short to look for the negativity! We ALL have our moments but to carry it around like excess weight (which is really why we are on MFP) and to attempt to suck others into your bad emotion is just doing a injustice to themselves and the community. Live long - Live strong & enjoy each other. We all bring something to the table!

I agree 110% & by making this post I am just feeding into negativity & by replying to certain people I'm just feeding in their negativity. So I'm going to just continue on with my day. So far I am having an amazing Friday, I killed "Leg Day" at the gym, made myself a great breakfast, can't wait for the weekend to spend time with my DH & little one & right now I'm getting ready to spend the day with my sister. Plus I just found money in my DH pants pocket so this day keeps getting better haha :happy: I hope everyone has an amazing day, if anyone has anything to discuss with me my mailbox is always open. Happy Friday & enjoy the weekend, I'm getting off here to get mine started on a positive note :flowerforyou:
  • dropdeadgreggie
    Options
    1413-butthurt.png
  • photocolorful
    photocolorful Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    amen! this site is meant to build up and encourage.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

This statement made me :laugh:
  • DJ2120
    Options
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I've had a MFP account for a little while now. But, only started being an active member of the community for the last couple of months. I find 95% of the people here to be so kind, helpful & a pleasure to talk to. But, then there just seems to be someone who is being rude or has some kind of sarcastic remark in so many posts. Not, necessarily just mine. But, I notice it a lot on other people's posts. I just don't see what the point of it is. People come here & have questions & maybe it's something that had been asked a million times before or maybe it seems like a stupid question. But, to ridicule & be rude to someone who is trying to learn & better lives is so disgusting. If you have nothing of substance to add then why even write anything at all? If something someone says annoys you or if you feel it's a topic that has been brought up too many times, then skip it. You have that option you know. I often wonder if these rude people act like this in real life & go around being bullies & jerks to people they interact with or if they are just strong behind their keyboards. I just don't see why people have to belittle someone who is looking for help. Well, I'm done now, that's my rant.

you my dear are quite lovely!

I warn you, forums like these bring them out of the woodworks dearest. So prepare yourself for a stream of the exact people you are speaking of.

But know, there are actually many of mfp ppl who are actually nice. Its just the unhappiest angriest meanest one shout out and set out for the most attention first.

Do not let others upset you. Seek out the nice, ignore the rude. The world has a lot of ugly in it, and a lot of beauty.

Like you! You're beautiful!

Posted it once before, but I like it :

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
    Dalai Lama
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    1413-butthurt.png

Lol I almost fell off the elliptical.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    1413-butthurt.png

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hilarious!
  • DJ2120
    Options
    I've had a MFP account for a little while now. But, only started being an active member of the community for the last couple of months. I find 95% of the people here to be so kind, helpful & a pleasure to talk to. But, then there just seems to be someone who is being rude or has some kind of sarcastic remark in so many posts. Not, necessarily just mine. But, I notice it a lot on other people's posts. I just don't see what the point of it is. People come here & have questions & maybe it's something that had been asked a million times before or maybe it seems like a stupid question. But, to ridicule & be rude to someone who is trying to learn & better lives is so disgusting. If you have nothing of substance to add then why even write anything at all? If something someone says annoys you or if you feel it's a topic that has been brought up too many times, then skip it. You have that option you know. I often wonder if these rude people act like this in real life & go around being bullies & jerks to people they interact with or if they are just strong behind their keyboards. I just don't see why people have to belittle someone who is looking for help. Well, I'm done now, that's my rant.

you my dear are quite lovely!

I warn you, forums like these bring them out of the woodworks dearest. So prepare yourself for a stream of the exact people you are speaking of.

But know, there are actually many of mfp ppl who are actually nice. Its just the unhappiest angriest meanest one shout out and set out for the most attention first.

Do not let others upset you. Seek out the nice, ignore the rude. The world has a lot of ugly in it, and a lot of beauty.

Like you! You're beautiful!

Posted it once before, but I like it :

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
    Dalai Lama

:flowerforyou: :heart: :smile:
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    They're hungry. Or "hangry":)

THIS. My girlfriend and I are constantly talking about "hangry" It messes with you!!!
  • mich150lbs
    mich150lbs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I soooo agree with your statement.....I just do not understand it. But it's the internet...I guess they feel better about themselves when putting down others. I just do not pay it any mind....that's what they want.... attention. Just don't give it to them.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • lowm8nance
    lowm8nance Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Some get cranky when they're dieting. ;-)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I soooo agree with your statement.....I just do not understand it. But it's the internet...I guess they feel better about themselves when putting down others. I just do not pay it any mind....that's what they want.... attention. Just don't give it to them.

amen and amen.

people are more brave (and retarded) behind the safety of a keyboard.

but oh no "I'll say it to your face" or "I'm always like this"

bs for 80% of them.