Some people...

Options
12346»

Replies

• JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I think people like that are so miserable that they feed on spreading their unpleasantness to others. Anger is basically inverted depression, and tends to rule the lives of people who allow it. My parents are two of the most miserable people I know, and my mother treats anyone she comes into contact with exactly like that lady treated you. I cringe when I have to go anywhere with her and I generally avoid going to my parent's house. I think EVERYONE deserves to be treated with respect and kindness, even if it is the person who is giving you fast food or cleaning your motel room. So many people will be disrespectful to others when they think that person is "beneath" them. Let's all make a pact to spread happiness and cheer today!! :flowerforyou:

^ I agree. Wish there were more people like you in day to day life!
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Haha! Yes we get that all the time! Or the people who go through the tube and completley fill it with change! Or want us to send like $100 in quarters through the tub.

I make them come to the "business" window for that! Move yo butt!
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I always kind of have an issue with the "how are you today" question when I go to a restaurant/drive through/bank/etc. Maybe I'm having a terrible day--do I lie and say "I'm fine" or do I tell you my sad tale? I used to work the drive through at a fast-food place and I always said "Welcome to _______, how can I help you?" Polite, to-the-point, and non-fakey. When the guy at Taco Bell asks me how I am, I know for a fact he doesn't give a rat's a** about how my back hurts and I had a terrible day at work. He just wants to get my order and move on to the next customer. I just want to give my order, get my food, and go home. Let's cut to the chase, people!

The flip side of that is we really have no idea what is happening in other people's lives. The day I found out I miscarried my third pregnancy, I yelled at my two daughters in WalMart (much harsher than I should have, I will admit). Some random lady there in the same aisle started to berate me for yelling at them. She had no idea that I was barely holding it together at all, and that I just wanted to crawl under a rock and die. Good thing my kids were standing next to me or I probably would have went to jail for beating her a**.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

For example, my mother strives on high stress. When there isn't some stressor in her life to deal with she kind of goes into a 'withdrawl' of sorts and she'll create a drama JUST to have that stress. It's like a drug.

Do we have the same mother? :laugh:
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I always kind of have an issue with the "how are you today" question when I go to a restaurant/drive through/bank/etc. Maybe I'm having a terrible day--do I lie and say "I'm fine" or do I tell you my sad tale? I used to work the drive through at a fast-food place and I always said "Welcome to _______, how can I help you?" Polite, to-the-point, and non-fakey. When the guy at Taco Bell asks me how I am, I know for a fact he doesn't give a rat's a** about how my back hurts and I had a terrible day at work. He just wants to get my order and move on to the next customer. I just want to give my order, get my food, and go home. Let's cut to the chase, people!

The flip side of that is we really have no idea what is happening in other people's lives. The day I found out I miscarried my third pregnancy, I yelled at my two daughters in WalMart (much harsher than I should have, I will admit). Some random lady there in the same aisle started to berate me for yelling at them. She had no idea that I was barely holding it together at all, and that I just wanted to crawl under a rock and die. Good thing my kids were standing next to me or I probably would have went to jail for beating her
    a
    I actually do care when I ask that question and the people who are having a bad day and actually tell me I will ask them what is going on and see if it is something I can help with or at least try to make them smile.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I vote that she was just having a really bad day, perhaps got some terrible news and was not acting herself. Unfortunately, you caught the brunt of it. In those situations, just tell yourself that, that person must be in particular need of kindness. :smile:

This really is a great thought, but when it happens to you 10 times a day...it gets tough.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have to vent on this because it really bothers me. WHY do people have to be so rude for no reason. I work at a bank and a person just came through the drive through and sent in a 100 dollar bill. I asked did you just want change for this ma'am? And she replied yes. So then I had to ask her for her name or account number. She didn't reply, so I asked her again. And she yelled at me why do you need my name? I said its manditory that we put it in the system so in case there are any problems and you were to come back we can go back in the system and see exactly what happened. She then yelled at me this is so stupid, just give me the $100 back if you can't do my transaction. I said ma'am I would be more than happy to do this for you I just have to put in your name. She then screamed her name at me and yelled God this is so stupid! I left the speaker on to hear what she was saying still and she just sat out there venting how stupid she thought this was to have to go through. I then sent her back her change and told her thank you have a great day. She gave me the look, shook her head, and drove off with her change.

Really? I still don't get the issue here... Why couldn't you simply tell me your name and go on with your life. It's these kind of people who you always get that make you HATE working in customer service. That and the customers who you get all day that look at you like your a complete moron for saying good morning to them, or have a good day or night. I could just strangle people sometimes...:grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad:

Little late on this one, but girl I feel you there. I work at a bank an I hate people like that. AND lazy ones. "I can't spell good, can you fill out my withdrawal slip for me?" You mean to tell me you cant spell twenty? Or One Hundred?! GAH!

Oh my goodness! I get that all the time. Or the people who refuse to learn how to write a check and you have to write it out for them everytime!

Are you serious?? are there really ppl that dont know how to write a check..thats freakin sad!

It seriously should be something that is taught in High School! Like NO JOKE! People are as dumb as rocks around where I live. And then they throw a fit when they want to take out XX amount of money and I have to file paperwork on them.. REALLY?!! STFU! Lol

LOL...high school? Agreed... ok at least teach it somewhere but its not rocket science. I learned to write a check in elementary school math class.

I just learned from watching other people write them. How hard can it be??? Unbelievable ... :noway: