New Year's 2013 Challenge Thread - Closed Group

Options
Hey Friends,
Here's the thread for our new year's 2013 challenge. It will be a 10wk challenge with our final weigh in on 1/2/13.

I have the following people "signed" up to participate:
bluiz13
shiningsea
ndetlefsen
Gorbygirl
wightrose
InPieces3
Time2getfit4life
URCanadianAngel
MomsL8
40goneby40

Please provide a start weight by tomorrow 10/24 on this thread and then going forward provide a weekly weighin update on each wednesday here as well. If you weigh in on another day that is fine, just report your weight to the thread by each Wednesday @ 12pm (EST) so I can update the spreadsheet while I'm at work (I'm at a computer all day and it is much easier than getting on at home at night).

This will be a "CLOSED" group meaning I'm not adding anyone who posts to the thread directly. If I missed someone from my friends list/feed I will certainly add you to the group. We will be keeping the number at 15 or less in order to be a smaller group to offer support and challenges to each other.....

The biggest loser each week will select a challenge for the group to complete related to: fitness, water, sleep, food.
Examples: drink 2 cups more than you currently do of water, complete 250 crunches between now and the next weighin, go to bed 30 mins earlier than than you regularly do, try and then share a new recipe, try a new vegetable or fruit and share your thoughts.

I haven't been part of a weight loss challenge in quite a while as I really haven't been focused primarily on weight loss. I am still not using the scale as my only "measure" of success but thought it would be fun now that I'm healed up from my surgery to hit the ground running so to speak and get these last few whatever number pounds off.

I'm looking forward to working with you guys to reach our goals....

Replies

• shiningsea
    shiningsea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm excited! :)
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Yay! Bring it on!! :bigsmile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Bluiz13/Denise
    Challenge Start Weight: 180.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 169

10/24: 180.2
    10/31:
    11/7:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/5:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    Thanks for adding me Denise.

Sending friends request out.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Wightrose / Sara
    Challenge Start Weight: 222-ish (will confirm in the morning!)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 212

10/24:
    10/31:
    11/7:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/5:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • 40goneby40
    40goneby40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    40GoneBy40/Alice
    Challenge Start Weight: 177
    Challenge Goal Weight: 165

10/24: 177
    10/31:
    11/7:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/5:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you for adding me to the challenge. I'm excited to do this.
    Add me as a friend if anyone likes.

URCanadianAngel/Mary
    Challenge Start Weight: 196
    Challenge Goal Weight: 181

10/24: 196
    10/31:
    11/7:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/5:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • gorbygirl
    gorbygirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for including me!

Gorbygirl/Becca

Challenge Starting weight: 241
    Challenge Goal weight: 220

10/24: 241
    10/31:
    11/7:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/5:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1
  • MomsL8
    MomsL8 Posts: 7
    Options
    Momsl8/Jill
    Challenge Start Weight: 173 (will confirm in am)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 155

10/24:
    10/31:
    11/7:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/5:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • InPieces3
    Options
    InPieces3/Crystal
    Challenge Start Weight: 231.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 215

10/24: 231.2
    10/31:
    11/7:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/5:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • shiningsea
    shiningsea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Shannon/shiningsea
    Challenge Start Weight: 177
    Challenge Goal Weight: 169

10/24: 177
    10/31:
    11/7:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/5:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • ndetlefsen
    ndetlefsen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ndetlefsen/Nancy
    Challenge Start Weight: 184.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 175

10/24: 184.4
    10/31:
    11/7:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/5:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • ndetlefsen
    ndetlefsen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So, a little introduction here. My name is Nancy. I am married and have 3 kids (twins that are 6 and a little guy that is nearly 3). I live near Chicago and work from home. I lost about 60 lbs in 2011. Gained a few back and then lost them over the summer. I would love to finish this off so I can focus on maintaining which I think will be the real journey. I've been having difficulty working out and need to get that back in line. I am looking forward to some accountability here. Holidays are always hard - and in this time frame I also have my sons birthday and a trip to Mexico. So, this won't be a walk in the park. But, one step at a time I am on the road............
  • InPieces3
    Options
    Okay, introductions are good, especially since I really don't know most of you.

Hi :flowerforyou: I'm Crystal. I am a single mother of 3 children (Anthony 13, Abigail 10, and Austin 9) and I have been in the nursing field for 23 years. I'm in the middle of a job switch and have always worked midnights. Changing it up a bit and going to be working dayturn instead. ((not sure how I'm going to do.... I've been a nightshifter all my life!!!))

Anyhow,
    This isn't my first got a MFP. I was on this site a year, then a few months back I got upset/angry and deleted my account. I would always get to 229, 228 and stall BIG time. I am STILL fighting with this stupid number!!! :explode: So 2 years ago, before I joined MFP I lost 86 lbs. I was actually to be very honest, starving myself though to do it. I was upset with how my life was going and I starved myself. Yes...I lost a LOT of weight, but I did it the wrong way. I would walk/exercise, but no way did I do as much as I'm doing now! Needless to say I gained HALF of that weight back.
    Actually, MY problem isn't exercising/working out.... I LOVE to walk/jog!!!!! My problem is EATING enough calories. I can go HOURS without eating.

I want to be 199 by the middle of January next year. Actually... to be honest, I just want to GET AWAY FROM THIS 229 NUMBER!

I don't ever mind someone putting me in my place where my journal is concerned. I don't mind someone yelling at me where exercise is concerned. Honestly, I wish I had Jillian in my face....maybe THEN I wouldn't be so intimidated by things. I honestly have nothing coming up that I'm trying to get ready for...I just want to lose this weight. I haven't been under 200 since I was 27 years old...and I can't remember how that even feels.

And I agree with you ndetie....Holidays are always hard for me too. I'm always the one that gets stuck making 35 lbs of scalloped potatoes for my family (parents, siblings, nieces/nephews) And of course that is my FAVORITE of all time!

Thanks to those that accepted me as their friends... I always read what you guys write, and I'm always scoping out diary's to see if I can do something different myself.
    Lets do this! :drinker:
  • InPieces3
    Options
    So, a little introduction here. My name is Nancy. I am married and have 3 kids (twins that are 6 and a little guy that is nearly 3). I live near Chicago and work from home. I lost about 60 lbs in 2011. Gained a few back and then lost them over the summer. I would love to finish this off so I can focus on maintaining which I think will be the real journey. I've been having difficulty working out and need to get that back in line. I am looking forward to some accountability here. Holidays are always hard - and in this time frame I also have my sons birthday and a trip to Mexico. So, this won't be a walk in the park. But, one step at a time I am on the road............

And I have to comment....TWINS!!!! Holy double! AND a 3 year old!!! I'm exhausted just READING that! I'm absolutely certain you are a VERY busy person! As mother's it is really easy to put our needs on the back burner. One step at a time is right.... I'm right there with ya.
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Time2getFit4Life/Charmaine
    Challenge Start Weight: 180.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 165

10/24: 180.4
    10/31:
    11/7:
    11/14:
    11/21:
    11/28:
    12/5:
    12/12:
    12/19:
    12/26:
    1/1:
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options

Welcome Nancy looking forward to doing this challenge with you!! Also, thanks for the add
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Charmaine first i want to extend a special Thanks to Denise for taking on this challenge I was never successful in the challenges that we were apart of but I love being there surrounded by people sharing the same journey. I'm making it my priority to make this challenge different this time around. I have been here since April 2010 on MFP and to be honest I weigh more now then when I started. I want 2013 to be different and I will be giving 200% to ensure I see some success. I am a mother of 4 2girls and 2 boys. Married to a US Marine and I work currently as a preschool teacher assistant and I am in school working on my masters degree due to graduate in May.

Crystal I can totally relate to being at a stand still in weight we will get over this hurdle. I plan on entering my food again due to this challenge I had given up on that aspect but I will begin again for this challenge and I don't mind anyone calling me out on it I have it public so anyone can see it from the group so no worries you don't have to add me.
  • InPieces3
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Charmaine first i want to extend a special Thanks to Denise for taking on this challenge I was never successful in the challenges that we were apart of but I love being there surrounded by people sharing the same journey. I'm making it my priority to make this challenge different this time around. I have been here since April 2010 on MFP and to be honest I weigh more now then when I started. I want 2013 to be different and I will be giving 200% to ensure I see some success. I am a mother of 4 2girls and 2 boys. Married to a US Marine and I work currently as a preschool teacher assistant and I am in school working on my masters degree due to graduate in May.

Crystal I can totally relate to being at a stand still in weight we will get over this hurdle. I plan on entering my food again due to this challenge I had given up on that aspect but I will begin again for this challenge and I don't mind anyone calling me out on it I have it public so anyone can see it from the group so no worries you don't have to add me.

I love having friends on here ((well not friends, but pals)) so I say the more the merrier. :flowerforyou: In fact, I like your boldness and would love to have you on my list of pals! ((sending you a request)) Denise has to get on me to eat some days...and I just love her for it. I didn't mean it in a bad way about calling me out on something, I just have to be reminded sometimes to either eat or drink water. I get these moments of pure stupidness and need to be reminded of why I'm here. So welcome to you too Charmaine!! And great job on going back for your masters degree! That is great!!!
  • InPieces3
    Options
    If I forgot to add someone, please add me. I'm sorry.