What is your biggest motivator?

Options

Replies

• becomingkateblog
    Options
    My biggest motivator is an upcoming vacation! I really want to feel and look amazing on this trip.
  • snowysfarra
    Options
    To be free, meaning unburdoned from carrying this weight. I was on WW, but like you decided to try MFP. It seems to be working so far. I am 85 lbs down combination of counting calories which is where i lost the majority of my weight, and WW, 25lbs. More to lose but i am able to ride and train my horse at my current weight. This is very rewarding as prior to losing, i could not walk from the parking lot at work without severe foot and heel pain, quit riding my horses, eating had become my hobby, a very lonely place. Now i am more motivated than ever, feeling like i am getting my old self back after all these years. :bigsmile:
  • andrealeighx33
    andrealeighx33 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm thin everywhere but thighs, butt, and stomach. It's crazy bad. I can make it look like I've got little to no fat with clothes on- but I'm tired of hiding. I want a flat tummy. I hate being insecure when I'm in the shower and rushing to get dressed or put on a bathrobe. Also, my boyfriend is about 3000 miles away from me and I only get to see him over school breaks if we're lucky. When I see him at Thanksgiving, I want to wow him. We've been going a year and a half now. Keeping the surprises coming for each other is always a good thing. We always go running together- when I get ready to run in just a sports bra for the first time in my life, I'd like to see his jaw drop a little. :)

Good luck! You should try doing some weight lifting if you haven't already. It'll help a ton with toning!
  • andrealeighx33
    Options
    My biggest motivator is seeing myself naked in the mirror ... but once I get dressed and all the "truth" is nicely hidden I can think of a million reasons not to go to the gym or why it's okay to eat just one chocolate donut. :( One thing that makes it hard is that no matter how much I work out I'm always going to have the stretchmarks and the cellulite. Tough to get motivated when I know there is nothing that can be done about either of those.

Menopause bites! lol

The stretchmarks fade! I'm down 26 lbs and a lot of my stretch marks are already fading, it's awesome. Pretty soon they'll just be tiny reminders of my old life and how I never want to go back.
    Going to the gym and working out more is something I definitely need to work on that's for sure!
  • Cougarita65
    Cougarita65 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wanna look good naked & be able to zip my pants with no meat hanging over the top....lol
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I wanna look good naked & be able to zip my pants with no meat hanging over the top....lol

again, i dont see any chance of you NOT looking good nakie
  • robbinmar
    Options
    My biggest motivator is being almost 50 and feeling terrible! I want to be able to move easier and for it to not be such a struggle. I have a 7 year old and 2 grand kids. I want to be able to go places and do things with them and not have to make excuses. Being able to go to the pool and not feeling like a beached whale would be so nice. I avoid the pool at all costs but my son really loves it. Today is my first day. I am definitely motivated tho. I'm tired of being tired all the time!
  • andrealeighx33
    Options
    My daughter...i want her to think her daddy is big and strong...Plus the kid is heavy as hell and always wants "up"

Your post reminded me of this video! http://youtu.be/keWCS942iFM
    Haha but on a more serious note, that's great that you're daughter is your motivator :) you can do it!
  • ArtieKGB
    Options
    My wife is way, WAY out of my league. That seems like it would be awesome, but makes me kind of ashamed that my hot young wife is married to a fat old dude. If I was a fit old dude, I would feel a lot better about it. That's the goal at least.
  • andrealeighx33
    Options
    I think you're doing a great thing by getting healthy, it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. My biggest motivator is being a hot mom when I'm older ;) It started off by wanting to avoid the freshman 15 in college and then when I LOST 15 my first month of college instead of gaining, I decided to keep going! I've since changed my major to be a nutritionist and personal trainer/phys ed. and that now motivates me as well to know I'll be able to use what I've learned to help other people!

For you I think a great motivator is just to think about how great you felt playing competitive soccer and work towards that feeling again!

I wish you the best in your weight loss and I know you can do it :D

Thanks! Yeah I can't wait until I can go back to playing soccer and volleyball. Hopefully the weight loss will be beneficial for my knee-- I don't see how it won't be!

That's great! Congrats on the weight loss and the major change! My sister is a dietary nutrition major and I love learning new stuff from her. :)
  • ageorga10
    Options
    I just honestly want to be happy again.

Andrea I can defiantly relate to you a bit. I've always been a little bit curvy, but athletic curvy where it looked good. Also, Ive always been addicted to sugar and crappy food since I was a young girl. I could eat whatever I wanted to and still stay thin since I was playing about 4 hours of tennis (scholarship tennis player) a day plus being on various high school teams (soccer, volleyball, etc). I was so active I didn't really care about what I was eating. Well about 3 years ago I completely stopped playing tennis as I had finished my undergrad plus I started dating my boyfriend. My activity level significantly decreased but I still kept eating the same crappy food. Plus I was happy and comfortable in a relationship so I was not mindful at all as to what I was eating. Three years later and 40 pounds more, I have struggled so much with trying to get back to where I was before. I have been depressed now for the last couple years about my weight to the point I am embarrassed to go out, wear the same baggy clothes over and over again and feel unmotivated to even meet or speak with people. I've tried so hard to cut out sugary foods and be a bit more active, and yes I do this for a couple weeks but then I go back to my usual bad habits.

A few days ago I looked in the mirror and just broke down. I am so sick and tired of being unhappy because of my weight that I am using this unhappiness now as a motivator. I don't want to be sad anymore and feel bad about my weight gain. I want to be able to go out and feel confident about the way I look. I want to be able to wear whatever I want and flaunt it! I want to feel sexy with or without clothes.

Everyday it's a battle fighting my sweet tooth but I know if i keep telling myself that I don't want to be sad anymore, I will stop going for that tub of ice cream.

Keep your head up Andrea!! We can do this!!!
  • andrealeighx33
    Options
    My largest motivators are:

1. Looking as hot as possible in the buff.
    2. Gaining confidence.
    3. Living as long as possible!

Those are great motivators! :) Gaining more confidence is one of the best parts of my weight loss journey so far; It's a big part of what keeps me going.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    The fact that i can take MyFitnessPal anywhere with the app!
    the fact that if i need to tighten up ship,i have friends on here that will notice.
    more less though that everybody on here is gunna be like woooo!! you go girl!
    when i loose or workout out!

i havent told anybody in my life im on a lifestyle change or working out cause they'll attempt to sabotage it! AGAIN!!
    but, they'll figure it out soon enough! and thats what put's a smile on my face to know that they cant discourage me if they dont know.
  • andrealeighx33
    Options
    I don't want to be the old fat guy.

to date chicks half my age

to preform better then guys half my age

it feels better then doing nothing

to look a guy in the eyes and know at 45 I can kick his *kitten*

it's the only body I have I sould really take care of it

Nice list. :) I definitely relate to the last one. This is my body and it should reflect the best me I can be. I only get one life to live and I finally decided to finally live the life I want!
  • AngisBubis
    AngisBubis Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have all types of motivating factors right now but the one that stands out the most is going up and down the stairs of my town home with ease and not pain in my knees! LOL Pretty sad for a 38 year old!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    batman.
  • andrealeighx33
    Options
    It depends on the day.....ultimately it's my poor family health history! But on days when that motivation is feeling laggy, it's my great MFP buddies <3

That's great! Yeah everyone here is amazing and so supportive! It's nice because my family and friends aren't the best at that.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    the mirror is my biggest motivator.
  • andrealeighx33
    Options
    These are just a few.. I do have a list somewhere with over 150 reasons but that would take to long to post :)

-I want to feel confident enough to date
    -I want to be an example for others
    -I want to wear cute clothes. It's so hard to find cute clothes at this size
    -I don't want my niece and nephew to grow up with a fat aunt
    -I want to be able to run and play with my niece and nephew instead of just sitting on the sidelines watching them.
    -I want to be able to fit in one seat in an airplane
    -I want to run
    -i want to prove all those people wrong who said I would always be a fat worthless person
    -I want to be unrecognizable at my class reunion
    -I want to go into any restaurant and not have "booth panic"

I love this list; I can relate to a lot of it. I can't wait to prove everyone wrong! Good luck on your weight loss :)
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I let my haters be my motivators