What is YOUR breakfast go to??

Options
I have always loved yogurt and when I discovered greek yogurt and its health factors I was hooked. I now can't live without it. I always have greek yogurt with granola and some sort of fruit and it keeps me full for what seems like forever. I noticed this when just last week I had 100% whole grain oatmeal for breakfast and felt hungry within 2 hours. I wasn't starting my day off with enough calories or protien. SOoooOOooOOooo...now I'm curious as to what are all of YOUR go to breakfast meals?

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Some meat or fish and sometimes also some eggs and usually also some grains like oats or something. Also some veggies and prolly a little bit of sugar as well, like some fruits.

Breakfast is my biggest meal of day, usually. I just feel that if I ate less I don't have energy and I feel tired. Especially after whole night of not eating. And early at day it's important for me to have energy. So I ate big at breakfast. ^^
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    A latte, an egg sandwich and some fruit.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I put my fruit and Greek yogurt IN my oatmeal. :smile: Top it with some walnuts, honey and cinnamon - it's filling and delicious. My other go-to breakfast is good ol' eggs and toast.
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Mine is an egg sandwich. I'm scared of greek yogurt. I can't get myself to try it.
  • Aplmark
    Aplmark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts Egg White Flat bread sandwich..yum
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Some meat or fish and sometimes also some eggs and usually also some grains like oats or something. Also some veggies and prolly a little bit of sugar as well, like some fruits.

Breakfast is my biggest meal of day, usually. I just feel that if I ate less I don't have energy and I feel tired. Especially after whole night of not eating. And early at day it's important for me to have energy. So I ate big at breakfast. ^^

I have been advised by my doctor actually that breakfast should be your biggest meal and the personal trainer at my gym mentioned the same thing. Which I used to not do but once I started I really see the benifits. :)
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Workout first thing in the morning on waking (depending on what the workout is I may have a small banana before starting). Immediately on finishing I have a shake with 300ml semi-skimmed milk, 50g whey protein powder, 25g or 50g (depending on the level of the workout) of finely ground instant oats and 9g psyllium husks (a fibre supplement). A little shy of 600kcal in that and it'll keep me going a while.
  • evajg
    evajg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Salt-free brown rice cake with a TBS of Maranatha's Maple-Almond butter, a hard-boiled egg and a piece of fruit.
    OR: Kelloggs gluten-free brown rice Rice Krispies with Rice Dream's rice milk and a piece of fruit.
    On Saturdays I make scrambled eggs with mushrooms & spinach!
  • Amanda82691
    Options
    Mine is an egg sandwich. I'm scared of greek yogurt. I can't get myself to try it.

Your too funny! Greek yogurt scared me at first with its consistency (sp) but I tried it and love it and now regular yogurt seems weird to me. lol. I buy vanila greek yogurt but oikos greek yogurt makes TONS of flavors and now they have them in 100 calories containers. There is an apple pie one that is to DIE for same with pineapple. I would try picking up just a small single serving container of a flavor you love and just give it a try. I really think you would love it! Its now my go to breakfasts and desserts and their jammed pack with protien. :) Let me know if you ever try it!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Scared of food? Full fat greek yoghurt...amazing!

Also, your biggest meal of the day can be any meal you choose...or none...as long as your total consumption is allowing you to do what you want energy-wise, etc, food is food... : )

p.s. brekkie to go for me is full fat greek yoghurt and some fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, figs, etc)...that would be first brekkie as I usually have two ; )
  • Amanda82691
    Options
    I put my fruit and Greek yogurt IN my oatmeal. :smile: Top it with some walnuts, honey and cinnamon - it's filling and delicious. My other go-to breakfast is good ol' eggs and toast.

LOVE eggs and toast. Hmmm, I have never even thought to mix greek yogurt and oatmeal. What is usually the end consistency (sp)? and what ratio do you use?
  • quiltergirlar
    quiltergirlar Posts: 35 Member
    Options

My favorite is the Danon Oikos yogurt, Key Lime. It is so good, it's dessert. I like the blended fruit too, strawberry and raspberry. But dislike the fruit on th bottom. Don't like the other brands since I found the Key Lime.

My favorite breakfast, saute tomatoes, ham, spinach, mushroom, add eggbeaters and mix. 30g of protein to keep me full for several hours.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a chocolate peanut butter protein shake and gluten free cinnamon raisin toast or a GF english muffin with natural pb and strawberry preserves. yuuuuummmmm
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

LOVE eggs and toast. Hmmm, I have never even thought to mix greek yogurt and oatmeal. What is usually the end consistency (sp)? and what ratio do you use?
    It comes out creamy, not too thick - I thought I would miss adding milk (or half & half, which is what I grew up on!), but it's nice with the yogurt. I use
    -Trader Joe's Multi-Grain hot cereal (1 serving is 1/2 c) - cook it in the microwave, then add
    -1/4 to 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, depends on how hungry I am
    -fresh fruit (blueberries, pears, banana, peach - whatever I've got, raisins if I'm out of fruit :tongue:)
    -1 tbs honey
    -1/8 c walnuts
    -a few shakes of cinnamon
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have three.

Most days of the week I eat one fried egg (I have a really good non-stick pan, so I only use a tinnnnyyy bit of veggie oil) and half of a multigrain English muffin. I LOVE EGGS.

Once, sometimes twice, a week I treat myself to a 300 calorie pina colada lean machine smoothie from my gym.

And now, my boss just gave me 2 boxes of really good instant oatmeal. I will be trying this next week!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    egg whites with sprinkle of cheese, ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread, and berries - 300 calories
    sometimes I put a little avocado on the eggs or spread pumpkin butter on the toast

oatmeal with protein powder, wheat germ, chia seeds and berries

morning star veggie burger with sandwich thin

I always have a tablespoon of flaxseed oil
  • amirigor
    Options
    Some things I have for breakfast are:

- 2 eggs, 1 slice of bread/toast, fruit and veggie...I add the veggies to my eggs. (This is filling for me as well)

- Oatmeal with cinnamon and skim milk, plus a fruit. (this really filled me up this morning; I was struggling to finish one serving of oatmeal so I took the rest to work with me and ate it later :smile: )

- whole grain cereal with milk and fruit (doesn't fill me up much so I don't have that too often, unless I'm rushing out the door :laugh:

- whole wheat pancakes with fresh apples that I add while cooking, a serving of syrup, and a glass of skim milk.:tongue:

I'm trying to find more ideas, which is why I went to this forum to see other breakfast/meal ideas. I tried plain Greek yogurt before and I do not like the taste at all :sick: . I think the brand was oikos but I'm not positive I spelled it correctly

I'm also trying to add beans to each meal (Dr Oz suggestion that I read about), however, they take so long to cook/get soft, so I haven't had any since yesterday. I will try to prepare more so I have it ready for the entire week. They really do help me feel full longer, than when I don't have them.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    Two hardboiled eggs and either a cup of fruit or some Yoplait light harvest peach yogurt (sometimes the cafeteria runs out of the fruit cup, that's when I get the yogurt.)

Better than eating a 500 calorie chocolate chip muffin!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Steel-cut oatmeal, sunbutter, dried cherries, and almond milk.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats made with steel cut oats is my normal breakfast. Every once in a while I have a peanut butter & banana sandwich with PB2 instead of traditioinal peanut butter.