What is YOUR breakfast go to??

Options

Replies

• JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just posted on my page about my new fav Greek yogurt breakfast. Since most fruits I like are out of season, I've been mixing 1 tbsp dried cranberries, 1 tbsp walnuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, allspice, Splenda, and 1/2 c Kashi Go Lean cereal into 1/2 c plain yogurt. It's really good.

My favorite hot and easy breakfast is egg muffins. Just beat a bunch of eggs (8-12) with diced meat (ham, bacon, sausage, etc), vegetables (spinach, broccoli, peppers, etc) and cheese (parmesan, mozzarella, etc) and bake in muffin tins. I spray the tins with oil first and bake at 350 for about 30 mins. I like mine a light golden brown on top. Once they cool, I throw them in the freezer. I usually make a batch on Sunday nights for the week. Then the night before work, I put 2 in a microwave dish in the refrigerator. When I get to work, I microwave them for about 30-45 secs. Instant scrambled eggs that are high protein and low carb.
  • Type1Rachelle
    Options
    on an average day, I pretty much just have fruit - a banana and a few figs or grapes

if I want something more substantial, I'm a fan of gluten free honey rice puffins and almond milk

if I know it's going to be a while before I eat lunch, I'll add some protein in there - a bar, a hardboiled egg, some Greek yogurt, etc.

if it's before a race, steel cut oats with honey, peanut butter, and banana
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I make a protein smoothie the night before a lot that includes:

1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup filtered water
    2 scoops of protein powder (currently hemp powder which has no sweetener & 5 grams of fiber)
    2 cups of greens or spinach
    1 1/2 cups of berries (blueberry, strawberry or blackberries) or I may add peaches or mango for a twist
    2 tsp of raw natural almond butter
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Eggbeaters with sliced mushrooms, 1-2 wedges Laughing Cow or WeightWatchers cheese, microwaved and then put between halves of 100 calorie English muffin. Sometimes add additional ingredients liked chopped tomato, spinach, peppers, chicken, etc and then eat open faced.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is one of three things depending on two factors:

1. Was today a lifting day or a cardio day?

2. Do I have time to prepare a proper meal or do I have to grab something and go?

If it was a lifting day AND I'm in a hurry, my breakfast consists of a peanut butter banana protein smoothie. 2 tbsp peanut butter, a serving of vanilla protein shake mix, 1 whole banana, 1 cup almond/coconut milk, and 5 ice cubes in a blender.

If it was a cardio day AND I'm in a hurry, my breakfast consists of a bowl of cereal (usually either Post Great Grains, Kashi GoLean Crunch, or Quaker Oats Squares) with nonfat milk and a banana.

On weekends I usually sleep in enough to where I consolidate my breakfast and mid-morning snack/meal into a single meal, so higher calories are in order. I make a breakfast sandwich using some form of reduced fat cheese (cheddar or american), egg and egg white scramble, bacon, on a whole grain bagel. If I happen to lift that day I make sure to add an extra strip of bacon, a second slice of cheese, and another egg white (rather than just 1 egg and 1 egg white) to help meet my increased calorie goals for the day as I burn less calories on cardio or rest days.
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Mine is an egg sandwich. I'm scared of greek yogurt. I can't get myself to try it.

Ive tried greek yogurt and didnt like it. Consistency and tasted alot like flavored sour cream.

My go to breakfast is usually a granola bar with 4oz of chocolate soy milk or a Special K protein shake. I'm not a morning person so eating breakfast before i leave for work is out of the question. So i eat when i get to work but it has to be something quick, small and cold as I am the customer support tech and receptionist for my office.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    every single morning (during the week)...

multigrain english muffin
    egg beaters
    a meat (either bacon or sausage)
    a cheese (this week it was salmon cream cheese...maybe sounds odd, but SO good)

pair that with a cup of coffee, and im good til lunch :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Tacos of course
  • chocolateluvr80
    chocolateluvr80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Usually I have a smoothie. This morning's was strawberry, blueberry, banana, flaxmeal, unsweetened coconut, cocoa powder, raw walnuts, pulpy orange juice, and almond milk.

When I have to get out the door extra early I make overnight oats with banana and blueberries with a little pom juice and unsalted sunflower seeds and raw walnuts.

On weekends I make a spinach tofu scramble...yum :)
  • pelles
    pelles Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    At home while & getting me and the three out the door: 1 coffee with 1 tablesoon of cream

Two eggs scrambled - I make these at work in the microwave

Fruit smoothie with half a greek yogurt and 1 Amaxing Green Energy scoop. - Made at home, consumed at work
  • camiann585
    camiann585 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    green smoothie (kale, 1/2 apple, carrot, lemon, ginger, green tea)

or

egg whites and veggies
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Protein protein protein - that is the key for me. I do best with eggs on a whole grain/high fiber english muffin. I scramble the eggs in a small bowl and microwave while the muffin toasts. Add some bacon or ham or cheese (or of course veggies). I can even eat it in the car.

You can even bake egg muffins - just scramble it up how you like and pour into mini muffin tins then reheat - like a mini quiche without the crust!

I have also enjoyed a protein smoothie - skim milk, protein powder, frozen banana, real cocoa powder, and sweetner of choice. Delicious!
  • jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a banana w/ 2 tbs of natural PB & 1.5 cups of skim milk w/ whey & creatine mixed in. It always holds me till lunch & is a quick 600 cals on the go.
  • amirigor
    Options
    Typically I have a slim jim. Today I had a yogurt and toast. **shrugs**

A slim jim for breakfast, really? lol...:tongue:
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    If in a rush and can spend 0 time in the kitchen, then i grab a banana and have a big cup of Soy Milk omega 6. If time is ok, well that is a different story :love: :ohwell: :love: Never ever was a person who ate breakfast but understand that not eating breakfast is NOT an option, so i eat breakfast!!!!:laugh:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    coffee with half and half

After that I probably have oatmeal most often. But I'm likely to have anything, really. Leftovers from dinner. Etc.

I really can't imagine breakfast as the biggest meal of the day, no matter who says it should be. It's just not. Period.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup of egg whites
    one piece of P28 high protein toast
    1/4 avocado and salsa on the egg whites
    COFFEE!
  • getphit09
    getphit09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with Subway breakfast muffins so now I make them at home:

1 Thomas 100 calorie english muffin
    1/4c egg whites (25cal)
    1 slice canadian bacon (12cal) <5slices are 60cal>
    1 slice reduced-fat provalone cheese (50cal)
    veggies - small amts (onion, green pepper, jalapenos, tomato, cucumber)

Approximately 187 calories
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have 3..

Banana Pancake -paleo style
    1 banana
    2 tbs almond butter
    1 egg
    frozen blueberries
    This makes two servings worth! Thats breakfast for 2 days

and 1 piece of nitrate free sausage for protien

No Oat Oatmeal

1 banana
    3 eggs
    1 tbls almond butter
    1/4c almond milk
    cinnamon
    ginger
    nutmeg

OMG so good, again 2 servings, 2 days of breakfast

Again, 1 piece of nitrate free sausage for protien

1 egg omelet with nitrate free sausage and spinach or tomatoes

That is a weeks worth of typical breakfast for me!!

On the weekends I will make pumpkin waffles or pancakes or lemon poppyseed waffles (all paleo of course)-- They take a bit more time so they are weekend only!

And a pot of black coffee daily :)
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Since I'm usually out the door in a scramble every morning...

2x Cups of Skim milk
    1x Serving of Carnation Breakfast Essentials
    1x Fiber One bar "Oats & Chocolate"

420 Cal boost in the morning and 23 grams of protien. Gets my day started, and I get hungry at the right times. Granted, I also drink at least half my water intake in the morning as well.