What is YOUR breakfast go to??

Options

Replies

• EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Usually it's either oatmeal honey, greek yogurt with honey or two scrambled eggs. Sometimes I add chia seeds to my breakfasts.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't like to have the same breakfast every day, but it usually consists of eggs, english muffins, cottage cheese and fruit, greek yogurt and granola, oatmeal, or some variation of that. I try to get a little protein in every breakfast!
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    I'm usually flying out the door, so I'll just have a whole wheat thin bagel with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. And I'll grab an iced coffee on the way to work.

On gym mornings, I just have a protein shake.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at how many people eat eggs. I really need to start making breakfast before work. :(

I have a couple different things. Usually my breakfast contains bananas or strawberries. Oatmeal and toast with peanut butter. Lately I've been eating bagels with light cream cheese. DELISH! My breakfast usually contains 400-500 calories! YUM!

Oh and green tea (I don't do coffee).
    Try a Skinny Elvis Sandwich... High Fiber bread toasted, organic peanut butter and a small banana... Said to have been the King's favorite sandwich... thank you, thank you very much...
  • LiliWray
    LiliWray Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I keep instant oatmeal and eat it at my desk first thing in the morning. I usually have dried fruit to put in, as well.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! Instant with brown sugar and 1/2 cup soymilk.
  • SkeletonSong
    Options
    Love love love Larabars, greek yogurt, and Odwalla juice. They all have high sugar content, but they keep me full and the rest of my day is low sugar. I'm always waking up late for class and having to grab something quickly before that leave that I know will sustain me and these are great choices :)
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Typically I have a slim jim. Today I had a yogurt and toast. **shrugs**

A slim jim for breakfast, really? lol...:tongue:

I really am not a 'breakfast' person, but I recognize that I need to eat something in the morning. A Slim Jim fits. :laugh:
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast M-F is Slim and Trim Golden Homestyle turkey breast, and then after that it is a crap shoot, if I even eat breakfast on the weekends.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast M-F is Slim and Trim Golden Homestyle turkey breast, and then after that it is a crap shoot, if I even eat breakfast on the weekends.

Oh, and about 6oz of OJ mixed with about 8oz of water.
  • lisagyo
    lisagyo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A Pure Protein or Think Thin bar and a banana. Sometimes I'll make a protein bar if I'm not running too late... I always eat in my car on the way to work! :)
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I make this at home in a frying pan: turkey sausage, 3 egg whites, spinach, topped with basil after cooking
    I bring it to work and right before eating I pop it in the microwave for 20 sec and then add 1 slice of american cheese on top.
    I love it!
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I make those egg muffins (a slice of Turkey deli meat, an egg, and some spinach and/or mushrooms in each muffin tin - bake for 20ish min on 350*F) and have two plus a small banana every workday morning. Yum yum!!
  • Kitsada
    Kitsada Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am NOT good in the morning, never have been. I only started eating breakfast a few years ago so I wouldn't fall back asleep in the bathtub. :p

Grab and go is what I need, as I'll sleep till the last possible second. (Yes I have sleep issues, I"m sure theres a thread for that somewhere.)

I usually have, depending on how hungry I am...

piece of string cheese and/or
    hardboiled egg (trader joe makes them precooked and peeled in a bag) and/or
    greek yogurt (LOVE, and don't care for regular yogurt much...)... maybe with granola cereal from my desk at work

If I actually have time... lately... I've been making oatmeal night before, trader joes steel cut add some raisins yummy, nuke at work.
    Sometimes Dunkin donunts plain oatmeal with dried fruit. (I'm thinking its just a tad less caloric than the Big and Toasty or the Pumpkin Muffins...lol)
    Sometimes a Subway breakfast sandwich with egg/cheese/veggies/flatbread.

Beverages tea with milk if I have time to make it, or water, or diet coke... gave up the iced coffee as I require obscene amounts of cream in it for it to be palatable for me. Was never a big coffee drinker anyways so this isn't a huge issue.
  • mama2mila
    Options
    I love breakfast, and I'm totally a morning person, so I make time for it!

Rotate between:

Green monster smoothie (banana, flax, pb, greek yogurt, almond milk, spinach/kale)
    Pumpkin steel cut oats or apple oats
    Greek yogurt w/ berries, flax, banana, grapenuts
    Eggs on ww english muffin

I always have coffee and a banana! And my Greek yogurt of choice is Dannon Oikos vanilla... LOVE it :)
  • furbutt
    furbutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    When I am on the run 2 hard boiled eggs and 1/2 cup oats with cinnamon
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Eggs, toast, fruit.
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My Morning bowl of oatmeal:

1/2 cup of oats
    1 scoop of Elite Fusion 7 Protein Powder
    1/2 tsp of cinnamon
    30-40 grams of blueberries
    Scoop of creatine
    Scoop of glutamine
    Scoop of beta alanine
  • Lisa_K_
    Lisa_K_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, with a bit of peanut butter mixed in, sprinkled with cinnamon. So amazing !

I love peanut butter in my oatmeal! This combo is very filling.

I don't love the tartness of Greek yogurt, so I found Icelandic yogurt that has the same nutrition profile without the pucker.

I also love an egg over easy with sprouted grain bread, or 1/2 WW bagel with almond butter.

As I embarked on weight loss, the first thing I did was ADD breakfast and not change anything else. I lost 7 lb in 2 weeks. Now I've graduated to other things too.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    before long runs I like to have 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (dry - this makes a pretty good size portion) with protein powder, canned pumpkin, and chia seeds mixed in......

lately on non long run days, just normal work out days I've been having protein shakes with protein powder, kale, and fruits.... :)