"Apple" Shaped Women - Before & Afters?

Options

Replies

• atvfanatics1
    Options
    I lost my weight in my legs first also! But now I see it coming off other places including my tummy. I need to find some pics to post. :embarassed:
  • Kaseybella
    Kaseybella Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    All of you are A W E S O M E! these are so great to see! Thank you for sharing your success!!
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    This was Jan 2012 & Dec 2012. Only a 6lbs difference but that's because I traded in fat for muscle!

now.jpg
  • jonesyx6
    jonesyx6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm where you were at the beginning and I'm having such a hard time pushing past the negative voice. You look so good!
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    before - 162
    after - 140
    i'm 5'10 and still think i have an apple shape since i have no boobs or butt to speak of.
    2emh950.png
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! Bump for motivation!
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    its so nice to see that so many people on this site lost so much weight by counting calories. YOU ALL LOOK FANTASTIC AND INSPIRE TO LOOSE 75 POUNDS! If you did it, so can I!!
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm also apple shaped. Great progress everyone!
  • Bane_
    Bane_ Posts: 522
    Options
    Sorry. I just couldn't resist....

apple.png
  • tom5
    tom5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    great job.
  • mary8n8
    mary8n8 Posts: 14
    Options
    You have really lost a lot of weight, and for that you should be proud. Sometimes we still have the poor self image that carries through from being a big girl. You have to look in the mirror and congratulate yourself for all of the hard work it took to get you where you are today. Because you look FANTASTIC. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple shape. You can see a picture of me in my profile at my heaviest weight (around 200 lbs) and then a recent picture of me at my wedding at about 160. I still have 20 lbs to lose.
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    You have all totally inspired me. I'm apple shaped too. Lost almost 2 stone by myself and want another 8lbs off yet. Hope to do that here on MFP. My tummy is still my worst area x
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    1yearanniversary.jpg

What a difference, amazing job
  • Lady_Gwendolyn
    Lady_Gwendolyn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump bump! I love this topic.. it's perfect to scroll thru all of your great success stories for inspiration!!!
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I have PCOS and therefore have a terrible tendency to store around the middle.

16 stone (224lb) to just over 10 stone (142lb).

photo.jpg

7.jpg

Well you kicked pcos butt
    Fab job
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am at a pretty good body weight now (116 pounds/5'1") and I'm tiny everywhere but my waist which is a whopping 32" and totally out of proportion to the rest of me. VERY hard to find clothes that fit right. I'm in a size 8 jeans simply to accommodate my waist. My tummy is actually pretty flat, I'm just wide in the middle. I know a lot of that is just plain genetic, but I'm trying my best to whittle it down with exercise. Sorry, not photos of that portion of my anatomy at the moment....
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Totally an apple too and my first week after beginning a cleanse program I lost 8" off my waist, but I know that there is more hard work ahead of me but all these stories and pics have really inspired me to work harder to get to my goal weight. i also have pcos so am hoping to kick it's butt too already kicked diabetes a** LOL :)

anyone welcome to add me am always looking for new friends
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm an apple with big boob and two rolls of fat that give the perception of waist if that makes any sense. I've lost 50 lbs (no real pics though) and as I loose the fat roll at the top of my hips I've started to look more and more like a thick stick with big boobs. The boobs aren't going anywhere, but look more pronounced with the loss of the rolls. Sadly, I'm learning about muffin top the hard way.

It makes me laugh. Above 200 lbs, I assumed clothes would be easier to buy the more weight I lost. Of course that isn't reality. Now that I fit into regular sizes for the most part, I have more choices but still struggle. I was thinking about this yesterday at Old Navy trying to buy jeans. I'm not their curvy "Sweetheart"--too big in the thigh. The future might be the straight "Diva", but for now the semi-curvy "Flirt" is close but not quit. Why don't they make jean shaped like an ice cream cone for apples?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!