Read this and then make jerky comments.

Options

Replies

• katies71123
    Options
    Love it! You are ok in my book....so don't slap it out of my hands please. =)
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Do you stand in the library and slap books out of peoples hands while screaming "DON'T READ THAT BOOK. I'VE ALREADY READ IT. LET ME SUMMARIZE IT FOR YOU!" Probably not. But if you do, I'd enjoy watching this. Please let me know.

This is funny and glorious analogy. I agree 100%.

The analogy is actually flawed.

To be accurate it would be to say that you are in a library, but instead of reading the books for reference you ask everyone in there for the answers...
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    ....wish i had a delete button in real life... :)

Me, too!!! :laugh:
  • philipsenb
    philipsenb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "Do you stand in the library and slap books out of peoples hands while screaming "DON'T READ THAT BOOK. I'VE ALREADY READ IT. LET ME SUMMARIZE IT FOR YOU!" Probably not. But if you do, I'd enjoy watching this. Please let me know."

That my friend is a FANTASTIC point. Thank you for posting this! :)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Do you stand in the library and slap books out of peoples hands while screaming "DON'T READ THAT BOOK. I'VE ALREADY READ IT. LET ME SUMMARIZE IT FOR YOU!" Probably not. But if you do, I'd enjoy watching this. Please let me know.

Library no, books store maybe.:laugh:

As for the same questions over and over. There is a search option while not great - and the forums are full of crap and you have to search through a lot to find what you want but there is also google, When I want to know something and can't find exactly what i want on the forums I google it because I am sure its on the forums but lost and I do not want to bombard a million people with a question that was answered yesterday and if I can't find it on google than I go to the forums. But in all honesty some of the the questions I have read are ridiculous and should be fairly common knowledge and it does get annoying opening a thread and reading it going back opening the next one and bam its the same question posted an hour after the last one. I usually don't comment on them but truth is it gets annoying.

If you see the thread has a topic you have already read or been involved with, or feel it is exhausted, THEN DO NOT OPEN IT. DO NOT READ IT. SKIP IT ENTIRELY. Really, is that tough?

Yeah it is that tough when you feel a pull to help these poor people flopping around pointlessly and wasting their time frustrating themselves. Maybe it is easy for you to turn your back on people struggling with obstacles you've already overcome, but not everyone has such little empathy.

You are not helpful when you comment out of irritation. You said " But in all honesty some of the the questions I have read are ridiculous and should be fairly common knowledge and it does get annoying opening a thread and reading it going back opening the next one and bam its the same question posted an hour after the last one. I usually don't comment on them but truth is it gets annoying." All I am saying, is don't bother to answer if you are annoyed. Someone who is NOT annoyed, and wants to be open and helpful will come. YOU DO NOT KNOW IT ALL. THIS IS A BIG SITE, WITH LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE CAPABLE OF HELPING. IF SOMETHING ANNOYS YOU, WHY READ IT???
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Can we just get back to arguing about the definition of water please? Okay, thanks.

I chuckled heartily at this.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

To be accurate it would be to say that you are in a library, but instead of reading the books for reference you ask everyone in there for the answers...

This.
  • chrishgt4
    Options
    Beef.

It's what's for dinner?

I was told to make jerky comments.

I prefer biltong...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Library no, books store maybe.:laugh:

As for the same questions over and over. There is a search option while not great - and the forums are full of crap and you have to search through a lot to find what you want but there is also google, When I want to know something and can't find exactly what i want on the forums I google it because I am sure its on the forums but lost and I do not want to bombard a million people with a question that was answered yesterday and if I can't find it on google than I go to the forums. But in all honesty some of the the questions I have read are ridiculous and should be fairly common knowledge and it does get annoying opening a thread and reading it going back opening the next one and bam its the same question posted an hour after the last one. I usually don't comment on them but truth is it gets annoying.

If you see the thread has a topic you have already read or been involved with, or feel it is exhausted, THEN DO NOT OPEN IT. DO NOT READ IT. SKIP IT ENTIRELY. Really, is that tough?

Yeah it is that tough when you feel a pull to help these poor people flopping around pointlessly and wasting their time frustrating themselves. Maybe it is easy for you to turn your back on people struggling with obstacles you've already overcome, but not everyone has such little empathy.

You are not helpful when you comment out of irritation. You said " But in all honesty some of the the questions I have read are ridiculous and should be fairly common knowledge and it does get annoying opening a thread and reading it going back opening the next one and bam its the same question posted an hour after the last one. I usually don't comment on them but truth is it gets annoying." All I am saying, is don't bother to answer if you are annoyed. Someone who is NOT annoyed, and wants to be open and helpful will come. YOU DO NOT KNOW IT ALL. THIS IS A BIG SITE, WITH LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE CAPABLE OF HELPING. IF SOMETHING ANNOYS YOU, WHY READ IT???

Yeah I didnt say that. Good job.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    goodmorning.jpg
  • yoovie
    Options

thats what Im screaming.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I better stop participating in this conversation, trying to offer a clearer perspective as to why this happens and what exactly about it is aggravating. Apparently, this is just another place to complain about why all the people who are already successful are wrong as usual.

have a feeling someone is about to try to Capslock me to death.
  • chrishgt4
    Options

thats what Im screaming.

I read through 5 pages before posting that because I was convinced that someone would have corrected it.....
  • chrishgt4
    Options
    have a feeling someone is about to try to Capslock me to death.

I read "Chapstick me to death" and had a whole different image in my head...
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options

Actually, I think it's more like going to the library and wondering aloud where the book about ________ is and then having a random stranger come up and say, "It's over there, but GOD, I've already told 60 people THIS YEAR where to find the book! Why don't you already know where it is!?!?!"
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    So..what exactly are you expecting as a result from starting this thread?

World Peace and perhaps my own daytime talk show.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • yoovie
    Options

Actually, I think it's more like going to the library and wondering aloud where the book about ________ is and then having a random stranger come up and say, "Which book? - it's easier to search by author or title rather than subject, because that is how a library works. If you're looking for information on this, I would suggest this book or anything by this author." And then person stomps their feet and whines until you go get the book for them and paraphrase the whole thing before they wander off for lunch and ignore everything you just told them because you dont retain information unless you get it for yourself and put it into practice.

^ fixed your post.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i opened this cause i made deer jerkey last night and thought this was a thread about people making jerky and wanted to see what seasoning others use
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    [insert jerky comment here]
  • fansiefree
    fansiefree Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thaaaaank you! And it's not like someone went and checked every thread ever made for answers before asking a question. Some people's children...