You know it's becoming a lifestyle change when...

Options
123457»

Replies

• Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    It's been this way for me for a while, but one of the things was when I discovered I was eating half my food and was excited because I could have the rest for the next day. I wasn't at first -- until I went home and realized that eating half was right at my calorie allowance or just a bit over. It has felt real since then because it's like I've got an automatic cut off, which is nice. Makes it hard to over-eat! And then this Thanksgiving, I didn't finish my plate and only had a small dessert knowing I could do the same for leftovers so there was NO need to over-eat. It's nice eating everything in moderation and learning limits. Makes life so much happier and easier and feel like once I get to maintenance, it will click. :smile:
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    when I have to go to the grocery store because we're out of fruits and veggies!
    This, plus making more planned trips to the store so that doesn't happen.
    Packing "my" food in a small cooler to take on the road.
    Not being discouraged by normal weight fluctuations.
    Having absolutely no cravings for the foods I used to scarf down. In fact, far preferring my food to what I used to scarf down.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I am there yet but I love topic. Here is a mini one --- I did see someone order a 12" sub in front of me in line today and I thought, "holy, how do they eat all of that." Only months ago, I would have wanted a 12" too!

Were on the same boat!:D
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    When eating any type of junk food would disturb my stomach for a couple of days.
    When I could resist the urge to have my beloved BK Whopper for over a year.
    When i could actually STOP eating something I like because I am full and becuase I know that I have had enough calories for that day
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1 - You still count your calories during a "treat" meal
    2 - You plan your meals for the week in advance
    3 - When your partner is cooking you a meal, you make a note of the ingredients used and the portion size and discretely add it to MFP when they aren't looking
    4 - You go to an all you can eat buffet and only fill your plate once, with healthy food, and return only for a bite of dessert.