New people...sigh

Options

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Who put you in charge of who's serious or not?

Other relevant posts by the OP include:
    Sigh, people drive me nuts when they don't use the the right forums for their questions. This belongs in food and nutrition.
    There is a sticky on this forum telling you how to post pics. Sigh
    I just cleaned out my friends list and are looking for more active, supportive members that are serious about their journey.

I really hope I don't come off as judgmental because it is not my intention at all. I have just learned from experience the qualities I would like in new friends. I would rather get 1 quality friend rather then 100 that I don't mesh with.

1. I would prefer my friends to have an HRM. Mostly because I feel MFP estimates/ cardio machine numbers are inaccurate and its a pet peeve of mine. How are suppose to know your calories in/calories out if your guessing? We are not suppose to do that would food, why would we do that with exercise? Saying that, I do have some friends that do not have HRMs but they always underestimate the calories burned because I think they have enough experience to know their numbers. If you are one of those people, great. I'm okay with that.

2. Be active. I know that sometimes life gets in the way and you cant comment on others statuses. I totally understand. But...if all you do is write about yourself and never support others. That's just not something I want to be involved in. I take time to read your diary, support you through your struggles, help with my own experiences, Id expect you to do the same.

3. Be accountable. If you mess up-okay, its part of the journey. If something is wrong and you keep making the same mistake, just keep talking about it and analyzing it until you figure it out. I have had a hard 2 weeks and have had the worst food issues I have had in the last 2 years of my journey. I will figure it out though and I will have to deal with the repercussions. That is totally on me. Its fine if you fall, just accept it and pick yourself back up. :)

4. Eat. If you cant go without a certain food for the rest of your life, don't cut it out now. Find a way to incorporated it because a healthy lifestyle is about finding balance, not depriving yourself of the things you love. Anything below a 1200 calorie diet is not something I am supportive of.

5. If you don't have a picture(doesn't have to be of you but anything) on your profile, If you haven't filled out your profile, If you sent a friend request without a message...nope. If you haven't taken the time to do those things, well, it makes me think that your not committed.

6. No boobs or butts. Simple-your trying to get unhealthy attention. Save it for eharmony

7. Be nice, Talk about your life. Talk about anything. I want to get to know you. I wanna be friends and not just some faceless avatar behind a computer screen.

Okay...I really hope I didn't come off as too harsh. I think why I am being so blunt is that most of my life I was always shy about asking for what I wanted or placing boundaries where I needed them. That lead to a lot of resentment and being unhappy with the way my relationships went. If only I asked for what I wanted, things would have turned out differently. I only have one life and its my choice on how I want to live it.

Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it. Much love <3

In response to "How do I get past a plateau?"
    First thing. Put a picture on your profile. Its a huge pet peeve of mine. It doesn't have to be your face. It can be anything but to me, Its super important.

I think you may be seriously overly concerned with what others do on this site. lol.

Just sayin'. :flowerforyou:

Ohhhh SNAP!

gotreal-1.jpg
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    You sound like a hoot, OP.
    twit twoo

hang on, maybe skip the "twoo"?
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    If you haven't taken the time to fill out your profile or put an avatar up, why in the heck would I think your dedicated to being active on this website?

Just sayin

Why would you think I care if you think I'm serious?
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    If you haven't taken the time to fill out your profile or put an avatar up, why in the heck would I think your dedicated to being active on this website?

Just sayin

I don't need no profile to rock this mutha. 37 pounds lost without social intervention, you mad?

hahaha I LOVE THIS ^^^^^ Fanfreakintastic.

To the OP............why would anyone necessarily care what you think? Whether my profile is filled out with pic et al is MY business.....not some nameless faceless JUDGMENTAL collection of typed words by a keyboard cowgirl / cowboy

But all in all.........have a lovely day (and ya might consider ...or reconsider that entire judgement thing)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you know...

half-baked-o.gif
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    who cares? let people do what they want ^^
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    It's so frustrating when people don't have any information up, and then send you a friend request. I mean, at least put a sentence or two and a picture so we know who you are!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Motivator20_20No20One20Cares_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

I'm not dedicated to being active on the site. I'm dedicated to being active in real life.
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    You mean there is life outside MFP? - that's HERESY!
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Classic use of "Just sayin" to say something insulting. Nice.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    It's so frustrating when people don't have any information up, and then send you a friend request. I mean, at least put a sentence or two and a picture so we know who you are!

she isn't kidding! That's exactly what she wants to hear!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    And who are you to judge?

"Just sayin"
  • rtuffey
    rtuffey Posts: 10
    Options
    Profile pictures or info have absolutely nothing to do with heart! No Excuses!! ;-)
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    Classic use of "Just sayin" to say something insulting. Nice.
    We don't have that expression over here, as far as I know. - would have to use some such construction as, "I am just saying this out of love"... or "concern for my fellow-traveller" or something similar. (It wouldn't work anymore than "just sayin")
  • robkishere
    Options
    my first year using this i did solely from my cell phone for the ease of scanning the bar codes for accurate info and for just adding my food info as needed

until

my cell service was down and needed to do some stuff and couldn't connect from phone so checked it online and ended up here and actually use the online site a lot more then previous.

Did not ever see this community from cell phone, but wasn't looking for it at the time.

and Hello there

I'm Rob and I need to add some more friends, if interested just do your thing.

********************************************************************************************
    "life is to short to waste even an hour for love sometimes lasts but the life of a flower,
    so follow your heart and waste not a beat,
    cause true love can only happen when the two right people meet"
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    Personally, I hate filling out the "about me" sections of anything. If you're interested in what's about me, ask, but I'm not posting that, or a disclaimer, or an autoiobiography, or whatever to attract more people to be my friends.

Clearly we just weren't meant to be friends. Just saying...
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    It's not a big deal. I won't add people who have nothing on their page because it really seems odd to me that they can't be bothered to fill it out, but no worries, we don't all have to be friends!
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    Oh?
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    26873479_5438.jpg
  • mfe0829
    Options
    Not yet. Want to but not yet.