100 pounds GONE FOREVER!!!

tmt2003
tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
My story is typical of a lot of people here. I think the last time I was a normal weight, I was 5 years old. After years of yo-yo dieting, struggling with infertility, 2 rounds of IVF, a twin pregnancy and several major depressions I had reached 256 pounds (I’m 5’5”). I started in March of 2011 just trying to eat less and exercise. I was going at it blindly, I had no idea how much “less” to eat or how much exercise was “enough”. A friend introduced me to MFP and it just clicked. I never turned back!
Today I weighed in at 155 pounds!! I went from wearing a size 24 to a size 10!!

Untitled3.jpg

My whole lifestyle has changed and I will never go back to that person I was a year and a half ago. My family is healthier and happier. We are an active family now and my boys get to enjoy things like go swimming with their parents, bike rides, kayaking and hiking trips. My DH has been on this journey with me and has lost 72 pounds of his own. He is amazing and I love him so much and I am so proud of him too!!

Todd.jpg

It took me about 18 months. I had to change up what I was doing several times along the way. Right now I eat around my BMR and do 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week and ST 2x a week. My daily diet is not perfect and I enjoy the occasional “free day,” but try not to go crazy. I hit “pause” and “reset” a few times, but I never, not once allowed myself to even consider giving up. Not for one second.

I’m just a regular person. I was overweight my whole life! I am a busy wife and mom, I work full-time. I love junk food and I still don’t particularly like exercise, but I am dedicated to a better life for myself and my family. I am 5 pounds away from “normal” and 15 pounds from my ultimate goal, something I never thought would be possible! Seriously, if I can do this anyone can! Don’t ever give up! Good luck to you all!!!

pants.jpg
dress-2.jpg
turners.jpg

Replies

• SMA1978
    SMA1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Congrats! You look amazing! I am just starting out on my journey. Your story inspires me to keep going to reach my goal. Hopefully I will be able to share a similar success story in the future!

Susan
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    You look absolutely fantastic! Good job! :)
  • candicejn
    candicejn Posts: 458 Member
    Amazing transformation, congratulations to your and your husband!
  • Findingmyathlete
    Findingmyathlete Posts: 57 Member
    You look amazing! What an accomplishment! Both you and your husband must be so proud of where you are now. Awesome!
  • Awesome!! Love how your hubby and you did it together!
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Well done!!! You both look amazing! I could not be as successful as I'm being with my husband's support.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Great team work, congrats to both of you!
  • conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Congratulations! Very Inspiring!
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Both of you look fantastic! Congrats!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    You look absolutely amazing!!! We are the same height and weight, and may I say, I am super jealous of how you carry your weight!!!! I'm also struggling with infertility, and a long way off from being able to afford IVF. I'm on Femara this month, and largely contribute my weight gain to all the different hormones and things I have been taking , and my fear of exercising in the 2ww!
  • you should be so proud of yourself! you look gorgeous!! well done what an inspiration to others
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Congratulations to both of you!!! What amazing changes you have made! You are a true inspiration!
  • PaprikaPrincess
    PaprikaPrincess Posts: 89 Member
    You both look great!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    awesome...love your story :)
  • Dcvanasse
    Dcvanasse Posts: 11 Member
    You guys look amazing!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Fantastic weight loss!!! Congratulations on your achievement and don't you both look wonderful ;p)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Congratulations that is amazing!! You both look great. It's so nice to see a husband and wife supporting each other :smile:
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    What a great story! You are just like a lot of other people-- my self included. A "regular" person, wife, mom, worker, likes food...all that NORMAL stuff that helps put the pounds on! Your story inspires me to keep going....I'm about 5-6 months into my journey and I will not give up and wont ever go back. I still have about 20 or so to go... but seeing your story, I know I can do it.
    Cheers!!
  • kmmpink
    kmmpink Posts: 63 Member
    Congrats! You Both look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!