• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!!!
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    FlorencePS wrote: »
    You are an INSPIRATION...I too am on my Journey to get from 190 to 117, but with baby steps. 1 day at a time, and learning new, healthier choices. Like last night wanted so much to grab a sweet, but chose an apple instead! Progress! 8^)

That's great - baby steps will get you there! believe me - if I can do it, anyone can!!

Good luck :smile:
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! On a shallow note, where did you get that gorgeous black halter dress? I love it!
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How did you get your husband on board?
    I really wish I could! you both look amazing!
  • gofortigger
    gofortigger Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fantastic you look totally different
    That is both of you
  • FayeandBo
    Options
    awesome congrats!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Fabulous. Congratulations. The jeans pic especially is WOW!
  • lizz621
    lizz621 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    tmt2003 wrote: »
    My story is typical of a lot of people here. I think the last time I was a normal weight, I was 5 years old. After years of yo-yo dieting, struggling with infertility, 2 rounds of IVF, a twin pregnancy and several major depressions I had reached 256 pounds (I’m 5’5”). I started in March of 2011 just trying to eat less and exercise. I was going at it blindly, I had no idea how much “less” to eat or how much exercise was “enough”. A friend introduced me to MFP and it just clicked. I never turned back!
    Today I weighed in at 155 pounds!! I went from wearing a size 24 to a size 10!!

Untitled3.jpg

My whole lifestyle has changed and I will never go back to that person I was a year and a half ago. My family is healthier and happier. We are an active family now and my boys get to enjoy things like go swimming with their parents, bike rides, kayaking and hiking trips. My DH has been on this journey with me and has lost 72 pounds of his own. He is amazing and I love him so much and I am so proud of him too!!

Todd.jpg

It took me about 18 months. I had to change up what I was doing several times along the way. Right now I eat around my BMR and do 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week and ST 2x a week. My daily diet is not perfect and I enjoy the occasional “free day,” but try not to go crazy. I hit “pause” and “reset” a few times, but I never, not once allowed myself to even consider giving up. Not for one second.

I’m just a regular person. I was overweight my whole life! I am a busy wife and mom, I work full-time. I love junk food and I still don’t particularly like exercise, but I am dedicated to a better life for myself and my family. I am 5 pounds away from “normal” and 15 pounds from my ultimate goal, something I never thought would be possible! Seriously, if I can do this anyone can! Don’t ever give up! Good luck to you all!!!

pants.jpg
    dress-2.jpg
    turners.jpg

Amazing
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm taller than you and weigh almost the same and you look way better than me :D Keep up the good work!
  • tmt2003
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
    How did you get your husband on board?
    I really wish I could! you both look amazing!

I was in such a bad place and so depressed and desperate. I was honest and told him I needed him to do this with me because I was so miserable the way I was but knew I couldn't do it alone. He knew how miserable I was and although he knew he needed to lose, he agreed mostly to support me. He's never let me down.
  • chrissiescornermfp
    Options
    Wow, yall look great. Good job and thank you for sharing.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow!! what a photo of you in those old pants! Unbelievable! Congratulations!
  • cog62
    cog62 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Both of you!!!
  • 2bizzybee
    2bizzybee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing!
  • 1bellringer1
    1bellringer1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration both of you are. Thanks for sharing your story .
  • livb528
    livb528 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wowsa! You look amazing! What an inspiration you are!
  • tmt2003
    Options
    Thank you! this is definitely something I will be struggling with for the rest of my life, but there is no going back!
  • missioninprogress1
    missioninprogress1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing ☺
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Cheers to you Both! You both look great and have obviously worked very hard to gain your health back. Good work :)
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    wow wow wow.....I too need the reassurance that we are just regular people...nothing magical happening here! Don't you just LOVE MFP??? The wonder of eating what I want, and still losing weight just by staying within my calorie goal...now THAT is my success and the reason I am keeping at it, going for 2 years now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!