SAHM 1/25/10 - 1/31/10

Options
Welcome to the SAHM group! We are an open group. Join in anytime! We are very informal with no official weigh-in's or challenges--but we do continue to support and motivate one another. We understand the unique aspects of getting healthy AND taking care of our families at the same time.
So join the conversation! We'd love to hear from you!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Good Monday, ladies!

To new gals, WELCOME! Don't be afraid to pipe in.

To my friends: I'm feeling a little better this morning, but debating whether or not to move my run to Thursday. I much rather give a workout my all, than just waste time doing it halfheartedly.

Today I'd like to present you all with a thought, courtesy of Elle Woods from Legally Blonde:
    "Exercise gives us endorphins. Endorphins make us happy. Happy people don't kill their husbands!"

So let's make an effort today to get some exercise to raise our patience toward our children and fabulous mates.

Even if I can't get the hard workout in today that I want to, I will still probably do a Wii BL workout.
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Trish Good luck on the workout, just remember... Ball of Fire! That race is this weekend coming up right? You are so close, I know you're going to do great.

Okay, so I don't usually do goals for the week, but I need some addtl. motivation so

Goals this week:
    1. Stick to my week of planned meals, no excuses!
    2. Absolutely no sodas this week-aiming for gallon of water/day
    3. I am beautiful reminder.
    4. Get out and make some friends.

I hope ya'll are off to a good start this week. So far, so good here. Got DS off to school without the usual am hassle, and then had a hearty breakfast. DD is down for her am nap, so I am going to start my Tae Bo workout. 2 water bottles down, prob will drink 1-2 during/after workout. TTYL.
  • curliegirl
    Options
    GM everyone! Our morning has gone well. School done! Mount laundry sorted & started. Got several chores to do this afternoon. Going to walk for half an hour or more this afternoon.

Well I was discouraged this morning when I stepped on the scales & saw the #. However when I slipped in to my jeans they aren't as tight. I must still beholding water & gaining some muscle from the walking. I even did pilates last night!!! Yes--it has been forever since I had time to do that. Not really whining here--just rambling. I am keeping on with this even though I just really want to get below 150. That would make my day!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Kim
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Was dozing on couch while Grace sat on my tummy & watched TV. I'm feeling better after the little snooze. I think if I can get a full nap in, I'll be able to go running. Andy stayed home today to rest. Last night I told him one way or another I was going to the gym. Might as well stick to my word.
    Just waiting for the man to get up. Then I can have a nap.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Gm Ladies! It sounds like everyone is rocking and rolling this morning.

Kim- I wish I could say school is done for the day :ohwell:

Trish- I am glad you are feeling better..I hope you can get that nap!

JR- I started setting small goals too, and they have helped me!

Amy- Yay on the floor being done! :-)

I had REALLY weird dreams last night....I was yelling at an ex-friend of mine in the dream....maybe there is some pent up anger still there....

My goals are to eat a bigger breakfast so my dinner will be lighter and of course my water!
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Trish thanks for the legally blond encouragement! My husband and children have definetly been reaping the benefits of a healthier, happier mommy since I started consistent workouts. I hope you're feeling better. It's tough to get motivated w/ sinus pressure but a good work out might help get it moving...

Great workout this morning and school is almost done. Got amazing news that a friend of mine who was diagnosed w/ state 4 cancer 3 months ago is in complete remission!! I am thanking God for miracles today and know that if He can give my friend strength to get through cancer, He can give me strength to eat less and exercise more!

I have seen people talk about eating back their exercise calories. Is there a "specific" way to do that? what does that mean?

Have a great day everyone and be blessed!
    Melissa
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Trish-I do hope you get time for that nap. It can completely turn a day around sometimes. Maybe it will give you energy to get some running in, but if you don't then don't sweat it.

Kim-I hear ya on the scale. I've decided I'm so close to wanting to give up after 3 weeks of maintaining, so I'm not going to do my regular weigh-in tomorrow. I'm going to eat really well all week, and weigh in Fri. morning instead. I'm just so afraid that if that number doesn't budge or goes up, I'm going to throw in the towel and I don't want to do that. I know I'll have something by Fri. BTW, I looked at the flower girl dress and it is gorgeous. You did a fantastic job in only a week. I'm sure the pics didn't do it justice, so I hope you will update with pics of the flower girl twirling.

Nicole-I have dreams like that all the time. I think it's because I'm a bit of a ppl pleaser and don't always vent my frustrations but let them build up. Hope you find some way to get through the anger and get better sleep.

Melissa-I'm glad to hear your friend is in remission. It is so true to see blessings like that, just really puts our problems into perspective and reminds us to lean on God. As far as the exercise cals, there are a wide range of view points on that matter. I would recommend going under the "Search" tab above and typing eating exercise calories. Browse through some of the posts and see what you feel comfortable with and what makes sense to you.

Well, I just have to say I'm so proud of myself. I FINALLY made it through a whole 45 min. Tae Bo video. I've been laughed at on some other threads bc I know it's old school, no one uses Tae bo anymore, but someone gave me the DVD, and I love kickboxing but don't have gym membership so it works. It is REALLY hard though. I usually only get 20 min into it before I feel too tired or dizzy and have to walk it out, but I did the whole thing and burned a whopping 525 cals. Off to feed myself and the kiddo now.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    JR- I love Taebo! Who cares if other people think you are old school! It does the trick. I used to teach aerobic kickboxing, what fun!

Melissa- That's awesome that your friend is in remission!

I have been on the hunger train the last couple of days! I just want to eat everything in site! I'm not even hungry, I just am having cravings...UGH!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    nicole--me too! i just want to eat and sleep. like a bear....roar!

gonna do my exercise now. house is finally clean and dh did loads of laun yesterday so we're good on that front too. :)

trish--hope your head is a little better this afternoon.

later ladies--
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I was in the middle of my nap when Grace woke up (3rd day in a row). I was hoping Andy would get her, but he didn't, so he kinda got chewed out, AF did the talking. He went back to bed. I'm doing the parent scene today. The gym is looking futile. Feeling discouraged.
    Glad you gals are doing so well today. Thank you for your well wishes. They are helping. I'd give you cyber hugs, but don't want you to catch any viruses (nyuck, nyuck)

And Jr, your friend in remission is truly one of God's miracles. I hope she stays there all the rest of her days.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i so sucked at it. but i did it. did the best i could just my best was YUKKY.

maybe tonight i'll have time to do walk/jog with leslie and then arx. i'm sure that will help clear the junk out of my system.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Way to get it done, Stacey!
    I think your new, valiant leader is slowly climbing back on the health & wellness wagon. I'm feeling a little feverish, but... I CAN BREATHE! I've got dinner going in the oven. New recipe: Taco casserole. I plan to have plenty of salsa with it. I've come to believe that salsa is nature's natural decongestant.
    I think if I take it easy tonight, I'll be able to hit the exercise program hard tomorrow. I will only be over by 40 if I don't do Wii BL workout tonight. I just feel like I'm somehow letting myself down, but my eye is on the prize, and the prize is being healthy for the race this weekend.
    I think maybe a hot steam shower is in order. Grace got mac & cheese stuck in her hair, and needs one anyway.
    After Andy takes her out, I'll have him throw a shower soother in for me. I think the aromatherapy it lets off will do us all good in our little bathroom.
    I hope my bathing habits aren't TMI. I tend to be a really open, honest person. Gee, you hadn't noticed, had you? LOL
  • curliegirl
    Options
    I am wiped out! It has been a huge day. I worked on my list that I have been procrastinating on but I am so going to bed early tonight. Exercise done--275 cals!!!!!! Water done! Stayed under on my calories!

Stacey--Glad you did your workout even when you didn't want to. That is what it takes--you are chasing that goal & you will get there--even if you feel like a bear.

Trish--laying low will pay off. You don't want to be a mess later this week & that is what pushing yourself too soon would do. We all know you aren't being lazy.

Melissa--Praises about your friend!!!! I have a friend in chemo right now. She is so down and out they haven't given her the last treatment yet. She needs prayers if anyone wants to join me--her name's Kelli.

JR--get out the gum when you get the munchies--that is my fail safe. And go get on the TM that usually cures it or at least makes it where I can have a snack or two!

Tomorrow--yucky errand day. Hubby will be gone tomorrow night so I will get kid duty on top of it all. Survival mode = movie for kids. :) We are tiling the bathroom floor on Wednesday. I am so excited to get my bathroom back(out of commission since Sept)

Have a great one!

Kim
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

I am so happy that I made it to the gym again this morning. Since last Monday when I began my journey on MFP I have worked out I have worked out 7 times! The only day I took off was Sunday. I am so pleased. This is unheard of for my lazy behind. I feel great and I have already lost 4.5lbs. I have a long way to go and I expect ups and downs but I am praising God for this awesome start.

Trish - I hope you are feeling better today.

Kim- I will be praying for your friend Kelli and I hope the tiling goes well.

everyone else - have a great day and thanks for being part of my new journey :)
  • nicolee516
    Options
    GM Ladies!

Melissa- That's great! Keep up the great work.

Kim- Yay about the bathroom, I bet you will be so relieved!

Trish- How are you feeling lady? I hope better!

Ok, so one of my goals this week is getting my breakfasts larger. Yeasterday I didn't do so hot, but today I did much better. I am shooing for 400 cals and I got 300 some so much better than the 200 some I usually do. Busy day today, Kyle has his Orchestra concert tonight!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    GM SAHM sisters. Feeling less congested today, but still have an urge to sleep it off. Andy stayed home again today. I told him he needs to think of his health. We don't want to throw away $20 this weekend because he wasn't healthy enough to run with me. I don't want to run alone. At some point I WILL go to the gym! Maybe when Grace goes down for nap, make it easy on the man to take care of her.

WTG on the exercise, Melissa, and good luck on bigger breakfasts, Nicole. The biggest breakfast I get is a bowl of cereal with banana.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Trish- definitely take your tissues to the gym! :tongue:

So, I was reading another thread last night, and they posted links to old threads about being at plateaus, etc. I didn't copy the links, but Iread every single one of them. this really got me thinking becasue one of them talked about having your calorie deficit too high. I had my calories set at 1200 a day as a base, then of course exercise brings that up. I think it was a 1.5 lbs a week loss. So I decided to change that yesterday to a 1 lb a week loss. we shall see how that goes. Sometimes I have trouble eating back all of those exercise cals with the base at 1200, it shoud be interesting to see what I do with this!:laugh: When I do my long runs, I burn ALOT of cals! Then if it's not raining, I am working on our property! HA! Crazy cals there!

I am rambling, but I hope that makes sense!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Nicole, repeat the following Zen weight loss mantra with me: "There is no plateau."

Also repeat the following Zen running mantra with me: "There is no wall."
  • nicolee516
    Options
    I wish MFP had spell check!:tongue:

Repeating after Trish-

"There is no plateau."

"There is no wall."
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    *Pats Nicole* I will repeat the wall one when I am running today. I am going to try to do 1/2 mile without stopping, then walk 1/4 mile, run 1/2 mile, rinse, repeat.
    I just have a hard time finding my stride, and am gasping for air 1/4 mile in. It's frustrating. This passes, right?
    BTW, I want to note that I don't feel tired at that point, I just can't breathe.