SAHM 1/25/10 - 1/31/10

Options

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    mama22--there's another girl on this thread who bf's. ERICA--are you out there?? maybe she can be of help.

and don't worry abt exercise. you CAN lose wt without it. just focus on cals in/cals out for now. the exercise can be something you build to.
    also, if walking is your fave way to move--check out leslie sansone walk at home dvds (from the library). are you in canada? i'm assuming you have free public libraries....
    that's how i got started with her and now own many of her "walks". LOVE doing them and logged several hundred miles with her last year.

good luck!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    jr--challah is a braided egg bread (yeast). it is sweet and should be chewy on the inside.

trish--braiding is not hard. i usually do 3 strand but sometimes 4. be sure to tuck ends under so it looks pretty. i lightly dust flour on the counter before rolling and braiding.
    first bagels, now challah....are you leaving the church?? and coming over to the dark side?! j/k! :laugh:

*(i hope i didn't just offend anyone and it's taken in the loving spirit as intended)
  • curliegirl
    Options
    Howdy ladies! Welcome Kim & Kelly! This is a great place to be-everyone encourages & builds you up.

Today--met my goals

Water-tons!
    Walk--35 minutes/275 calories. That sure helped loosen up those sore muscles that I have from working on the bathroom floor!

I have a really busy weekend. Birthday party tomorrow(oh no CAKE & ICE CREAM). Sunday--church, meeting at 3, meeting at 8. No bathroom work going on this weekend(sigh).

Now I am off to my girls scrapbook night to laugh, tease, cry, & maybe work on pictures. ;) Wish you all could be there!

Have a great weekend.

Kim aka Curliegirl--to clear up any confusion over the me & the new Kim!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Stacey, you're silly. LOL
    Seriously, though, there can be no dark side wherever God is found ;)

Yes, I'm Mormon, but I love learning about other religions. Helps me keep an open mind and embrace people from all walks of life. Just another way to learn how to be the person the Lord wants me to be!

Curlie, sounds like fun. Have a great time!

Off to get my tex-mex meatloaf started. Should be a breeze. It's just a regular meatloaf with salsa and kidney beans instead of regular Italian seasonings.
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    Hi mama22girlz. Nice to have you in the group. I also have a 14 mo little girl :happy: Aren't they so much fun? But they make it hard to squeeze in workout time. I use the Wii Fit Plus, but I also incorporate other workouts such as running, Tae Bo, etc. I am looking into more intense workouts for the Wii, but like you not sure what to get. Renting is a very good idea. Dance Dance Revolution 3 I tried at my sister's house and it was a real butt kicker. Good music to dance to as well. As far as the breastfeeding, I do not (just didn't work for my DD and me), but I've read on other posts that you could add it to your exercise diary. Just at the bottom there's a link that says add new exercise then add breastfeeding. One mom who was feeding her 14mo would account 200 cal since it's not EBF. EBF usually accounts for an extra 500 cals, so that seems like a reasonable calculation, and better than guesstimating and not logging.

Thanks :happy: when was your little one born? mine was born Nov 17th. I like your idea about adding it. that way I wont go over my calories by guesstimating my Breastfeeding intake. So far I haven't really noticed a drop in my milk supply but I rarley pump anymore. I guess if she starts to complain I'll up my calories.

Stacey thanks for the info. yes I'm from Canada, Ontario actually. Any other Canadian moms on here? I'll definalty check out some videos from the library. I'm already on a nice short list for the Biggest looser cookbooks. I'd like to test run them before I buy them .

Hi Kim maybe we'll have to call me Can. Kim (aka Canadian Kim) or Kim2 so there is no confusion :wink:
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Mama22(Kim)-My daughter's bday is November 20, so just 3 days younger than yours! Her pic is on the left of my ticker, or you can see more in my profile photos. The friend I got the bfing info from is named Carrie, mercuryblue here on MFP. You might check her out see if you can "friend" her. She is from Canada and has a 14 mo boy.

Trish-hope that meatloaf turns out good. Sounds like a wonderful protein packed meal before the big run. Oh, and I went back and looked at your clothes wish list. The patterns were all very vibrant, I think they'll represent your personality well. And you had some dresses in there too, go you. I don't do dresses, but I think I'd like a nice summery dress when I hit goal. My birthday is 2 days after yours!

Curlie-Sorry to hear no more progress on the bathroom this weekend. It seems like the time always gets away from me then too. You are constantly busy, but it seems to keep you happy so go for it! Hopefully next week/weekend you can finish up. I know what you mean about a nice walk helping you feel loose and getting rid of some of those aches and pains. Aren't you glad we discovered how great exercise can be? I used to think I'd never be one of those get up and exercise kinda girls. Oh btw, I ended up riding the stationary cycle today, about 30 min. Just couldn't have a day off cardio, I kept feeling lazy lol. Oh well, maybe I'll have a light snack before bed to make up the cals.

Stacey-How did the holiday celebrations go? Did you find time to make the challah or pomanders for the kids? I decided to look up the two out of curiosity. They both look and sound delish, I just am terrible at making bread, rolls, anything with yeast. Maybe if I had a breadmaker, but I do not. I never seem to be able to get the dough to rise the right amount. I think I put it somewhere either too hot or too cool. IDK, but just gave up on it until I get a breadmaker. Sounds like you had a busy day, but it's great you took time out to journal and reflect.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Jr, dinner was terrible. LOL! Yes, awesome protein, tasted BLECH! The only redeeming quality was my baked potato & sour cream. I only ate a slice & a half of the meat loaf. Maybe I did something wrong. It just didn't taste right.

At least tomorrow's dinner is safe. Turkey chili. I made it before, and it was great!

Hubby says he is feeling up to doing grocery shopping tonight. We will see how that goes. I am a little tired. Never got around to Wii BL, but the grocery shopping should take care of the exercise between all the walking, and the increasing weight/resistance of the cart.

Of to chew stick of solstice 5 gum to get the meatloaf taste out of my mouth!

P.S. the dresses in my wish list are for church :)

EDIT: Doesn't look like grocery shopping is going to happen tonight. Hubs is just farting around on Nerdbook. I was hoping we'd have left 15 mins ago. Oh well. I'm tired anyway.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Okay, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm bored. Thought I'd use the post as a place to write down my thoughts. You don't have to respond.

Game plan for tomorrow's race:

Go to bed by 10 tonight
    Get up at 7:30
    Eat breakfast
    Get to theater by 8:30
    Race at 9
    Push myself to keep my heart rate in the 160 range. This should probably help me finish in under an hour.
    Do some "fishing" on the hill.
    Push hard to finish strong. Sprint the last block if I have to. I am determined to finish in under an hour!
    Go home, triumphant.
    Wear my hard earned Hale Freezes Over t-shirt to the grocery store!
    Collapse on couch and DIE

And I know I won't be alone tomorrow. I know you'll all be right there with me.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    WOAH!!!!! I have missed so much today! Ok, welcome to Can-Kim and mama!

The science museum was really cool! It was a nice day for me and the kiddos!

Stacey- DO you know if there is a recipe for gluten-free challah? or could you give me your recipe and I can adapt it?

Trish! Nock 'em dead tomorrow, leave one of Steve's buds out of your ear, because I will be talking in your other ear encouraging you all of the way! :laugh: GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to hear how it goes!

To everyone else- hey! How's it goin'? It was so much to do personals on!

I'm off to finish cooking dinner~
  • mama22girlz
    Options
    Mama22(Kim)-My daughter's bday is November 20, so just 3 days younger than yours! Her pic is on the left of my ticker, or you can see more in my profile photos. The friend I got the bfing info from is named Carrie, mercuryblue here on MFP. You might check her out see if you can "friend" her. She is from Canada and has a 14 mo boy.

Thanks I just sent the friend request. Your little ones are adorable. I wish my little one had all that hair, shes still pretty bald. I'll have to upload some pics of them, espcially since they are one of my big motivators.

TRISH good luck on the run tomorrow.

I didn't eat so well tonight, but calorie wise I was still good. I had some WW veggie soup for lunch because I thought we were ordering pizza for dinner, but we didn't so I had a small dinner, which my 14 month old stole half of and was still hungry so I had some popcorn. YUMMY but very bad popcorn. I know I need to use my calories for Good foods but I figure once in a while I guess I can splurge.
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello all! It's snowing here!! The kids are going to have so much fun in the morning! They're calling for about 4 inches. That's a lot for here!

Trish - Cute clothes! Good luck on the run tomorrow! I know you'll do great! I'm so impressed that you are able to do this in such a short time! It would take me much longer. You are a great inspiration and motivator!!! :flowerforyou:

Stacey - Hope the Holiday celebration is going well!

Nicole - Glad to hear you had a fun day!

Well, living room is supposed to be back together tomorrow. DH doesn't have an excuse tomorrow. We can't go anywhere! :laugh: And I made my goals today. I drank my 9 cups of water, logged everything I put in my mouth (including the little bottle of 5-hr energy I drank earlier . . . actually gives me closer to 10 hrs :happy: ) I walked, and I did the warm-up and circuit 1 of my exercise DVD. And I was definitely under 800 cals over. 484 cals over today!

My goals for tomorrow:
    Keep logging
    Drink 9 cups water
    No more than 700 cals over
    Exercise DVD
    Walk (either on the treadmill or possibly family walk in the snow)

Have a great night everyone!! I should actually be on here this weekend, so talk to you tomorrow! :heart:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Thanks, gals. And Nicole, your request is an easy one. For whatever reason the sound has never worked in my right speaker anyway! I only wear my left one.

It's now 10 pm. Off to bed! I feel you all with me now. *hugs*

Until your mighty leader returns, post race, tomorrow, keep up the great work!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Back from my morning run (aka Hale Freezes Over) I finished the race strong in 62 mins. I ran/walked my first mile in 13 mins. I beat my 5k time on TM by 1 min. Hey, it's a personal best, LOL. I walked 2 miles with a lady doing her first 5k whose name just happened to be Stacey (no guessing who I immediately thought of). I was also surprised to get to the theater & find a couple of friends from church doing the race! I ran with them to the light, and a few mins later they were gone out of sight. I did walk most of the race, and did little fishing. One of my best friends, Jazz (who works in the studio with me) was waiting for me 1/2 way up the hill. She ran over to me and did the last 1/2 mile with me, partially up the hill. She also noticed I was tired & drifting, so she blocked me in against the side walked. She ran when I ran, and pushed me. I'm so lucky to have a friend like her these 15 years.

And of course, I felt all of you there with me.

Just for laughs, this morning I was so nervous that I got the turkey trots. After going to the bathroom 3 times in an hour, I decided to weigh myself. Sure enough, I dropped another pound & a half! That's a 3 lb loss for this week.
    Oh, and the people doing the Hale Freezes Over 10k had shirts that said "Go To Hale" LOL

Anyway, off to grocery store. The walking will be good for me & help keep my legs loose.

Now, tell me the amazing things you are going to achieve today! I want you all to finish this month strong like I did. I want you to make an effort to be the person you most admire today and tomorrow.

Much love my SAHM sisters!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    YAY TRISH!!!
    you know we were all just breathlessly awaiting your after report. :)
    YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!!
    (and thanks for thinking of me--see my spirit was really with you! the rebbe says NOTHING is a coincidence)

and 30#--congrats on all that too!

How am i ending the month strong??
    today--back and bi, 2mi run/walk with leslie, short stretch dvd
    tomorrow--core (i hate core) and more stretch dvd
    spend real time with kids--+ mil who's coming in town this afternoon. and tomorrow night she's taking me to see bette midler! is she not so cool or what?! she said she never gets to do girl stuff with me so this was a chance for her. i love my mother in law xo

who's next? share your goals for these last 2 days. and as tony horton (aka p90, p90x maniac) says--BRING IT!
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM too and loving it! Just a little bit challenged with weight loss but I am sure trying to get back to shape!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    as for yesterday
    --drank the water
    --got the veges in, short on fruit
    --didn't do challah or pomanders
    --but DID light the candles and we all sat down to eat together
    --kids watched movie BUT dh and i had time to really talk and did long rdg and chills for the munchkins
    --ate caramel corn--and so way over cals

but maintaining.

thanks for being the only place i can report all this and you actually care! :tongue:
    what were your successes this week? this month?
    we know what trish accomplished!!! wtg sister!
    and nicole's race too!
    and amy's floor!
    and kim's (almost almost there) bathroom!
    and jr for standing up for herself!
    and and and
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Welcome, Sand! Glad to have you.

Just a quick note before I leave for the store. I just got a look at my hard-earned t-shirt. I was going to wear it shopping, but it's definitely a very light, thin, runner's shirt, and... and... It gives me the privelege of telling everyone (on the front of it) to GO TO HALE!!

ahahahaha!

Okay, off to store
  • nicolee516
    Options
    YEAH TRISH!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am so proud of you!:flowerforyou:

Welcome Sandmart!

Today is a rest day for me...trying to make myself rest! HA! I ithink I may clean the leaves out of my flower beds!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    YEAH TRISH!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am so proud of you!:flowerforyou:

Welcome Sandmart!

Today is a rest day for me...trying to make myself rest! HA! I ithink I may clean the leaves out of my flower beds!
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Success for this week: Blew off one pound - better than nothing. This winter weather is not helping and I am going through another bout of mood swings as I just started with my new pack of BCP. Hubby is not a happy camper. I want to be spoiled but he is busy - working at home - HAH!!!

I am still trying to motivate myself to work out later. Happy weekend!!!