Am I Evil????

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm late to this but you're being extremely selfish.

You're a mother

Act like it and stop putting yourself first

It's all apart of good fun they'll feel left out when all their friends are going out and they aren't. You can stash the candy somewhere just control how much they eat

AS for you control yourself around the candy It's really more about getting dressed up ringing doorbells being with their brothers and sisters see the decorations picking the candy...you don't have to let them eat it all.
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Not evil, just selfish. It's your life though. Enjoy!
  • Infauna
    Infauna Posts: 89
    Options
    Yeah. Lack of self control is no reason to punish the kids.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Easy... ToT early, then hand everything back out except for 10-15 pieces each! Saves money, saves your sanity!
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    dude, who deprives there kid of Halloween?
    It's like a right of childhood.

after a month and half,just get rid of the candy or use some of it as stocking stuffers for Christmas,im sure you can bring it to your families house on Thanksgiving as well.. just dont deprive the kids or trick-or-treating..and you'll be walking all over the neighborhood witch you get to count as exercise...

think about the kids at school the next day.
    Friend1 :did you go Trick-or-treating last night?
    your kid:No my mom had a zumba class and she didnt wanna take us.
    Friend 2: Thats lame.

tell your kids i said:" your welcome!"
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the people who say the kids will "sneak candy". My parents kept our candy buckets WAYYYYY up on top of the china cabinet where we couldn't reach it, even with the kitchen stool. We were allowed to have one piece after school and one piece after dinner. Lock it in a cabinet, hide it in your car, whatever.

Halloween is one of my favorite childhood memories. My brother and I always had a great time. Some years, we'd make a "Strategy Map" and try to figure out how to cover the most ground in two hours without back-tracking.

As we put our candy on my parents' bed to sort through it and check for open wrappers, my dad would separate out all of the Snickers as his "commission" for walking us all over the neighborhood. Mom got the Nestle Crunches as commission for sewing our costumes.

One year, I whined about sharing, and Dad said, "I walked with you guys all night and didn't get any candy. Don't you feel bad for your dear old dad? Why don't you want to share your candy with me?" He looked so genuinely sad that I almost cried. I started to give him half of my candy, and then my mom stepped in.

Well played, Dad. Well played.

/csb
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    halloweencard.jpg
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i hope you are kidding about not taking your kids trick or treating because you'd rather go work out...that's kinda effed (and selfish) if so.
    and my son, like most kids, will eat a few pieces and be done with it, so i just take the left over candy to the office and leave it in the break room. its gone by lunch.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You can miss one class surely!!!

Have some self control! :noway:
  • ccbennett2000
    ccbennett2000 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Easy... ToT early, then hand everything back out except for 10-15 pieces each! Saves money, saves your sanity!

Now, there's a winner!
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Am I evil for telling my kids I'm not taking them trick-or-treating because I want to go to zumba that night? Oh, and I don't want all that tempting candy all over the place (I lack the self-control and also addicted to sugar). Last year they got so much candy it filled half a garbage bag (5 kids). Who ended up eating most of it???? Me! I was doing pretty good until my sugar relapse. Any suggestions on what to do besides go on a sugar binge?

Maybe I'm late to the party here, but I'd put the kids first and figure out a way to manage my own issues without projecting them onto the kids.