hurricane sandy

Options

Replies

• tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Upstate NY update: high winds and some rain last night, but we were spared the worst. Hudson River @ Albany is under flood warning until 1pm. About 1000 people in my area lost power, but we had it all night. Winds are still fairly high in the city but only slightly higher than normal.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    ~~ 16 deaths associated nationwide due to this storm.....

:\

:frown:

Have 16 people really died how heartbreaking I hope to god everyone is safe and sound :( this is really devastating and is touching the hearts if everyone in the uk x
  • RockinSkiBunny
    RockinSkiBunny Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Upstate NY update: high winds and some rain last night, but we were spared the worst. Hudson River @ Albany is under flood warning until 1pm. About 1000 people in my area lost power, but we had it all night. Winds are still fairly high in the city but only slightly higher than normal.
    I'm here in Rochester Ny. Pretty calm this morning and near 60. Some trees down but doing pretty good!
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    LOL! Some people are gonna find there cars floating off in the rivers

why is this LOL?

you're starting to piss me off

If that pisses you off check the comments on youtube that would really piss off anyone
    You're a pretty worthless excuse for a human being.

takes one to know one :P
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

ah. you're 18. this all makes sense now.

grow up.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    death toll up to at least 21.

the pictures this morning are just insane...
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Just horrible. We still haven't heard a peep from my family in Jersey or Annapolis. Hoping they are alright. I'm sure they are, but they might've lost power or cell service.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Just horrible. We still haven't heard a peep from my family in Jersey or Annapolis. Hoping they are alright. I'm sure they are, but they might've lost power or cell service.

I hope you hear soon. Most everyone I was worried about has checked in on Facebook this morning, so I'm breathing easy now. The pictures are awful. NYC is not built for this.
  • VelociMama
    Options

I hope you hear soon. Most everyone I was worried about has checked in on Facebook this morning, so I'm breathing easy now. The pictures are awful. NYC is not built for this.

Thanks. Our family in Baltimore has no power. They lost it sometime last night and it's been off all day. Otherwise, they are unscathed. No flooding this time thankfully.

It is absolutely devastating. I can't imagine how long it's going to take to get things back up and running in NYC.
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

ah. you're 18. this all makes sense now.

grow up.

I will ignore this and relate to the topic.

I feel sorry to all the families that have lost there loved ones in this tough time for America. I hope people keep safe ^i^
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Thanks. Our family in Baltimore has no power. They lost it sometime last night and it's been off all day. Otherwise, they are unscathed. No flooding this time thankfully.

It is absolutely devastating. I can't imagine how long it's going to take to get things back up and running in NYC.

I don't think it will ever be the same. I'm actually surprised it wasn't worse and thankful that it wasn't.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    LOL! Some people are gonna find there cars floating off in the rivers

why is this LOL?

you're starting to piss me off

If that pisses you off check the comments on youtube that would really piss off anyone
    You're a pretty worthless excuse for a human being.

@SpiritW -- Your posts are so incredibly offensive, rude and heartless - and people have LOST THEIR LIVES, their HOMES, their BUSINESSES.....

You're 18 so I realize you have ZERO CLUE what it is like to work a lifetime only to lose it all, perhaps in 20 years THINK about your words on this thread and how callous your words have been. Your words are NOT HELPING. Unless you have something helpful to say please just keep your mean spirited and sparring thoughts and words to yourself. I don't care WHAT anyone has said to you, people are STRESSED out here.... you have no idea of the magnitude of emotions people are feeling....

It's going to be below 40 degrees over the weekend and people will STILL not have power, dude. People could die from the freezing temperatures, or from inhalation of fumes from trying to keep warm inappropriately. This is not over, kid.

Our East Coast will not be the same... and my heart goes out to those families who lost loved ones in this...

And I haven't heard from my friend yet that recently moved to Jersey. I know she lost power and their generator was working last I heard... I'm not going to rest well until I know she and her children are safe and warm....
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    exactly. my parents are without power AND heat and it's 40 degrees. that is NOT GOOD.
  • daggs95
    daggs95 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    We live about 50 miles inland from the shore/coastline, close to Phila and we are lucky, was like a big storm, but nothing too dramatic, didn't rain as much as it has in the past I was surprised by that. Didn't lose power or anything like that. Enjoyed the family time and made a lot of food to keep the house warm just in case, now I don't have to cook for days!
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    up to 26 dead now... it's gonna keep climbing... but hopefully not too dramatically.
  • VelociMama
    Options
    More pictures of the damage here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49596252/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=1

We just heard from our family in Annapolis. They are fine, but still no power and about 3 feet of water flooding their street. They are staying inside for the day.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    My mom lives in about an hour NW of Philly...she has no power. My sister lives in Milford, DE...I haven't heard from her today; but I think they were spared a lot of the water. My cousins own a restaurant in Rehoboth Beach...I need to get in touch with my sister to find out how they are. From what I've seen of Rehoboth, I'm betting they're flooded.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    up to 26 dead now... it's gonna keep climbing... but hopefully not too dramatically.

I'm worried about the weekend because you know some will still not have power restored then.
    I saw last night on the news they are predicting weather <40 degrees on Saturday in some areas.
    That will not be good for folks without electricity or a generator for heat......
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    Good lord PreggoS.... those pictures are making me cry.... seriously... so sad. :\
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Anyone in the DC or Baltimore area want to chime in and share how things are going for you guys? I have family in that area, and we can't get ahold of anyone.

My parents live in Montgomery County, MD. They had power this am, and said they were ok. Thousands are without power, though, in their area.