Deleting Friends...

Options

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    So people delete because a) someone doesn't talk enough and b) someone talks too much :confused:

I've been deleted, one person talked about their personal life and it was obvious they had a story going, and I was added in the middle, so it's hard to comment when you don't know what they are going thru. I never saw when they worked out and I don't comment on food diaries ("yay you ate under your goal! keep it up!" uh yeah, sure)

the others I don't know, but I really don't care.

Everybody that requested to be my friend, and then deleted me that makes me :laugh:

I've never deleted, but grounds for deletion by me are: too many religious/political posts and being downright cruel to others.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I delete ppl when they don't support me. If ur gonna b on my list, u best talk to me or ur takin up space, because I do my best to comment on EVERY diary/loss/exercise & so statuses if I have something to say on it, so I expect the same kind of support.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Fr33zefram3 - I delete when someone is not reciprocating support. Usually if they haven't logged in while, then I let them stay only because they are not taking up my feed. My issue is when I constantly try to support and get not a dang thing in return. Then it's like. I friend anyone willing to have a 2-way street. There are times a person goes inactive cause of life... I get that... happens to me too. But when I encourage daily for a month and don't even get a good morning? Time to go :)
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I delete for not logging in for more than 2 weeks, even if I know you IRL. I've deleted for other reasons only like 3 times.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I delete because I can. People delete me, because they can. It's really easy...add me and I'll show you
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Deleted one because they hadn't shown back up for over 2 months. Got one that hasn't shown up in a month that's probably not interested in MFP any more. Giving him a bit more time. I have a single digit number of friends so it's easy to see when one or more never log in. A couple aren't consistent about logging in, but I figure they are the ones who really need the most encouragement so I keep them. :smile:
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I only delete people if they:

A) Are mean, insensitive and holier-than-thou :huh:
    B) Don't log in very often :indifferent:
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Fr33zefram3 - I delete when someone is not reciprocating support. Usually if they haven't logged in while, then I let them stay only because they are not taking up my feed. My issue is when I constantly try to support and get not a dang thing in return. Then it's like. I friend anyone willing to have a 2-way street. There are times a person goes inactive cause of life... I get that... happens to me too. But when I encourage daily for a month and don't even get a good morning? Time to go :)
    I agree with this post. I have a few friends that do this...I'm constantly supporting them and I never see them comment on anything I do...or don't do. It's slightly annoying. I agree with the person that said I'm not here to make friends, but it's a little rude if you see someone supporting you and you don't give anything back in return. Others have some good reasons to delete in this post, too. But the non-support is the biggest reason for me. I travel a lot, so someone not logging in for a while would not bother me if they said they were going to be gone for a while...
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I delete people because:

- Your posts seem sane but your posts on the boards reek of insanity.

This is why people delete me, I suppose.
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    Forgot to quote *facepalm*
  • Love_flowers
    Options
    I delete because I can. People delete me, because they can. It's really easy...add me and I'll show you

I like you! :laugh:
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my #1 reason- complaining about stuff I would kill to have/do/ afford etc.

example: girl sits there and calls her parents stupid. blames all her problems on other people. dosnt do anything to improve own quality of life.
    I would kill to see my parents. i work my butt off to have what little i do- and i dont expect any help from anyone. I work two jobs and go to college full time- i have enough headaches in my everyday life, i dont want to be bummed out when i come online. legitimate problems are different. asking for advise is different. and being grateful is good.

also anyone who complains about not losing any weight, but wont work for it, i dont need on my friends list
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's because you're ginger.
  • McBully4
    Options

untrue, I went out of my way to recruit a FL army mostly comprised of gingers.
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I'm rather offended I didn't make the cut.
  • McBully4
    Options

I'm rather offended I didn't make the cut.

coach is putting you in the game
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

your friends list is like an unholy army.
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    It makes me sad when I get deleted on here. This is a place of support. When people don't want to support me every day, it really feels like "What is this all about?" It hurts. I mean, I do my best. I say WTG!, Good job! Great burn! Way to stay under! every time my friends post something. I'm a good friend. I'm supportive. I care about people and only want people to care back about me. I really wish anyone who deleted me would just give me an explanation as to why? I've lost sleep over this because I can't help but wonder if I was supportive enough or not. It's tough. Keep your chin up and keep moving. There are supportive people on MFP.
  • McBully4
    Options
    man reading this thread makes me feel like i'm at the pound and I need to adopt you all before you are put down,
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    BritneysStuntDouble Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    meatloaf