Deleting Friends...

Options

Replies

• HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted one person ....for posting inappropriate jokes/comments. I'm happily married and plan to stay that way forever.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I delete people because:

- Your posts seem sane but your posts on the boards reek of insanity.

This is why people delete me, I suppose.

oh this could be a reason for me too!
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If they dont log in for over seven days, if they are not even trying to reach their goal, or if i find out they are faking their diaries
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I've deleted people off the Friends List. Sometimes it's because they've left MFP judging from the last time they logged in. Sometimes the support is a one way street from me to them and nothing coming in my direction. I usually give them a few weeks to see if they post anything helpful. If not, off the list they go.
    Also, some people just randomly ask to be added to my Friends list then don't interact at all. I don't even know why they ask to be added if they're going to be completely silent, keep their diaries locked down to private and won't post any profile information.

I haven't had anyone try to sell me anything, but I would delete for that reason as well.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    BritneysStuntDouble Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    If they dont log in for over seven days, if they are not even trying to reach their goal, or if i find out they are faking their diaries
    That's when I check their text messages to see if they are cheating.
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this feels bad in some way, but the only people I have deleted is those who overexercise/post they have burned 4 digit calories doing something I considered a cheat-device a.k.a Elliptical :/, I feel sad like if people lie to themselves.

Also feels like a slap i the face since I have a hard time burning less than ~450 cals in a treadmill in nearly the same amount of time.

But after all, no need to feel so bad when people delete other people in mfp do we? No big deal unless you made a good friend here and suddenly it's gone with no reason.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    pEOPLE CHEAT? WOW.
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have deleted friends if they have not logged on in 21+ days. I send messages at 3, 5' 7 and 2 weeks missed logging in. I know people get busy so I try to be supportive. I accept friends except for ranting, irrational people. I am not trying to set any records making friends. I like to say something to each friend daily.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Ive deleted people that are inactive and one girl cuz she was annoying. Other than that, I deleted my old profile and made a new one, so if people notice Im not friends with them anymore, I didnt delete you lol.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted anyone for constant misery and drama....And I mean constant as in every five mins. Otherwise, everything is cool :)
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I made a comment on my wall about this.

My take is this; If you have THAT much time that you can keep strict tabs on their log ins, then you obviously aren't spending enough time on yourself.

I usually try to check on the person first. They may just need a friend.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad when I get deleted on here. This is a place of support. When people don't want to support me every day, it really feels like "What is this all about?" It hurts. I mean, I do my best. I say WTG!, Good job! Great burn! Way to stay under! every time my friends post something. I'm a good friend. I'm supportive. I care about people and only want people to care back about me. I really wish anyone who deleted me would just give me an explanation as to why? I've lost sleep over this because I can't help but wonder if I was supportive enough or not. It's tough. Keep your chin up and keep moving. There are supportive people on MFP.

meow.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I want to be on the ginger friends list! I haven't unfriended anyone except someone who had an eating disorder and wanted support for it. But my preference is friends who interact with me on occasion. I have a few that are really encouraging on a daily basis, and it is great!
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad when I get deleted on here. This is a place of support. When people don't want to support me every day, it really feels like "What is this all about?" It hurts. I mean, I do my best. I say WTG!, Good job! Great burn! Way to stay under! every time my friends post something. I'm a good friend. I'm supportive. I care about people and only want people to care back about me. I really wish anyone who deleted me would just give me an explanation as to why? I've lost sleep over this because I can't help but wonder if I was supportive enough or not. It's tough. Keep your chin up and keep moving. There are supportive people on MFP.

YOU deleted ME!
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options

YOU deleted ME!

NO I DIDN'T! :cry:
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I deleted a bunch that haven't logged in like a month.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    There needs to be support both ways. If that is not happening then there seems to be little point in continuing the friendship.

This - and also if people just rabbit on about a lot of other stuff not related to the "core business" - but never comment or support me. I like to have a few friends who are relatively active in MFP and offer mutual support :smile:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I really don't delete people, even those that haven't logged in for quite some time. I like to think they'll come back, goodness knows how many times I've fallen off the wagon only to find my way back a few days/weeks later. I try to be as supportive as possible.

The only people I will have no problem deleting are those that cause drama. No time for that crap, have enough of it in my real life.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I never delete. As long as I am here, I will still be their friend. A lot of bad things happen in a short span of time. That is no reason to abandon them.
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    a month of not logging in or if I can't say anything nice about how they are eating. I like to have people that eat good food not fast food for nearly every meal each day. Now saying that I don't mind the odd day or two that you have something out just not junk every day.