Deleting Friends...

Options

Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I only delete creepers that don't exactly seem to be using the site for fitness!! Hahah
  • Teddy_Bearington
    Options
    Best thing to do to avoid all this nonsense, don't add anyone you don't personally know. Problem solved!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    BritneysStuntDouble Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad when I get deleted on here. This is a place of support. When people don't want to support me every day, it really feels like "What is this all about?" It hurts. I mean, I do my best. I say WTG!, Good job! Great burn! Way to stay under! every time my friends post something. I'm a good friend. I'm supportive. I care about people and only want people to care back about me. I really wish anyone who deleted me would just give me an explanation as to why? I've lost sleep over this because I can't help but wonder if I was supportive enough or not. It's tough. Keep your chin up and keep moving. There are supportive people on MFP.

YOU deleted ME!

NO I DIDN'T! :cry:
    Oh, that's some funny **** right there.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I usually only unfriend someone if they are selling something or if they have not logged in for over 2 months.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I only delete creepers that don't exactly seem to be using the site for fitness!! Hahah

What about creepers that do use the site for fitness? :bigsmile:
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    i delete if they are inactive, or never ever reciprocate any support or encouragement. there were tons of people on my list who milked in the support but never replied to anyone else's exercise or diaries.

Same. If they're inactive for more than a month...and even then, I'll keep them if it's someone I've interacted with frequently and then they go silent for a while.

I've only deleted one 'friend who was active. She posted rants at least 3x per week begging ... no, demanding ... support, but never (according to her profile page) ever reciprocated with any positive comments. Just snark and truly inane posts on the boards.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    .oops
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've unfriended people who don't respond to anything I do after a period of time. I understand we are all busy so I don't get all up tight if people come and go from time to time.

I was thinking recently that I should clean out my friends list. I have quite a few people that don't log in regularly and honestly only a few that provide feedback and support on a regular basis.

What I really want to know is why do you friend someone that you aren't going to provide feedback to?
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I delete for a number of reasons:
    * you're not active for 10 days or more
    * you try flirting with me when I've clearly mentioned on my profile that I'm happily married
    * you annoy the living crap outta me (lots of things fit into this category)
    * you don't support me the way I support you

I don't need to have a buttload of friends, but I want to enjoy the ones I do have. :bigsmile:
  • Cranktastic
    Options
    It makes me sad when I get deleted on here. This is a place of support. When people don't want to support me every day, it really feels like "What is this all about?" It hurts. I mean, I do my best. I say WTG!, Good job! Great burn! Way to stay under! every time my friends post something. I'm a good friend. I'm supportive. I care about people and only want people to care back about me. I really wish anyone who deleted me would just give me an explanation as to why? I've lost sleep over this because I can't help but wonder if I was supportive enough or not. It's tough. Keep your chin up and keep moving. There are supportive people on MFP.

YOU deleted ME!

NO I DIDN'T! :cry:
    Oh, that's some funny **** right there.

WHATEVER SAMMICH DUDE! I DONT LIKE YOU ANYWAY.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have deleted those that are gone after a month and don't answer my notes to them. I have deleted one with eating disorder as she needs serious help. I've deleted some who have added me to bump their numbers up or never respond. I love to give support but I also like getting support.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I've unfriended people who don't respond to anything I do after a period of time. I understand we are all busy so I don't get all up tight if people come and go from time to time.

I was thinking recently that I should clean out my friends list. I have quite a few people that don't log in regularly and honestly only a few that provide feedback and support on a regular basis.

What I really want to know is why do you friend someone that you aren't going to provide feedback to?

Well said :)
  • megacallowhealth
    Options
    I joined a group where it appears that 3/4 of the group has not been active in months, and have considered if it would benefit me to stay. What if it seems like no one in your group is able to be there for support??

Would you delete/leave the group?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I delete if:

-they eat more cookies in a day than me (if they can pull it off, they are NOT trying to diet)
    -they are stuck up
    -they say "you offended me and you should know why"... I don't know why.. adios
    -they promote cleansing, dr oz, or any beach body product
    -they have poor taste in sports teams
    -they don't show suffcient skin.. that goes for the men on my FL too ;)
    -they tell me they are a lawyer in every topic they make
    -they favor emotion over logic
    -they don't respect Chuck Norris and MacGyver
    -they say I'm too picky
    -they agree with everything I say
    -they are hypocritical
    -they don't read this post and write "bacon" on my profile to prove it
  • Cranktastic
    Options
    I delete if:

-they eat more cookies in a day than me (if they can pull it off, they are NOT trying to diet)
    -they are stuck up
    -they say "you offended me and you should know why"... I don't know why.. adios
    -they promote cleansing, dr oz, or any beach body product
    -they don't show suffcient skin.. that goes for the men on my FL too ;)
    -they tell me they are a lawyer in every topic they make
    -they favor emotion over logic
    -they don't respect Chuck Norris and MacGyver
    -they say I'm too picky
    -they agree with everything I say
    -they are hypocritical
    -they don't read this post and write "fatty boom boom" on my profile to prove it

are pants a requirement?
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I delete if:

[snip]
    [snip]

So, then, you're not even friends with yourself? We need to work on your self esteem.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    if they send me junk mail and it's too small.....
    totally a legit reason to delete, amirite?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I delete if:

[snip]
    [snip]

So, then, you're not even friends with yourself? We need to work on your self esteem.

someone's about to get cut up in this place....
    and that someone is probably me since your team is full of criminals
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I delete if:

[snip]
    [snip]

someone's about to get cut up in this place....
    and that someone is probably me since your team is full of criminals

Ha!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    if they send me junk mail and it's too small.....
    totally a legit reason to delete, amirite?

amen to that...who wants a small piece of junk? its such a waste.