Deleting Friends...

Options

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I haven't deleted anyone yet, but I'm about to...I've tried interacting with them and nothing...what's the point. My life isn't here for your viewing pleasure.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I like to comment and support my friends and that is why I expect back, so if a friend doesn't return a favor in over a month than I toss them, or if they haven't logged in for more than 2 weeks and ocassionally I will delete them if they are obnoxious or offensive.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've deleted a few people for a few different reasons.

People that annoy the bejesus out of me. sorry, I don't want to listen to you fishing for attention
    People that I've never talked to who added me right in the beginning
    And yeah. Basically just if I'm annoyed. If you really want support I'll give it, but if every status is every ten minutes about how you hate how you look or omg a candy bar then I'm leaving.
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I got a couple people that are going on 2 weeks not being active, but feel like I should give them 3.

I haven't had anyone try to sell me anything yet. In general have a pretty solid friends list.

Though I'm definitely going to delete salespeople or 3 weeks inactive. Seems like both very legitimate reasons
  • Sojaided34
    Options
    I've noticed this too. I had like 10 friends and now I have 4. I wasn't annoyingly posting every minute. I'd post I logged food and exercise and weight loss. One person deleted me because my diary is private. So what? It's my diary.

I deleted a couple of people. One person because he was eating junk food (bean burritos and mr noodles for breakfast) but his posts every 2 days was saying he lost five pounds. Ya, whatever. and I delete people who post things like this "Oh I went out to eat and ate about 3000 calories but it's okay I'll hit the treadmill/elliptical/whatever harder". No self control? Curious as to why I've been deleted though.
  • xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    I don't delete anyone unless they're selling something. So far nobody on my friends list has done that, and it has to be an everyday occurrence for me to care. I try my best to be encouraging and congratulate everyone on my friends list but sometimes you just don't see everyone's statuses so I don't mind if some people are less encouraging than others and I hope that some of my friends give me the same leniency if I fail to comment on several of their statuses.
    For those that say they delete people with eating disorders or who are on the verge of one - no offense - but why?? Why not be encouraging but let them do what they're going to do? I'm probably about to start a battle here (not intentionally) but people are people and I'm sure you want to do with your body what you want to do with your body without others shoving their opinions down your throat, so why not just encourage those people to be healthier, but not delete them because they aren't doing what YOU would do?
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I delete people if they don't log in for a long time.

I have deleted a few people who constantly complained every day and were always negative and feeling sorry for themselves. I understand that no one is positive and upbeat all the time, but I really hate people who always make excuses.

I have deleted a few people who were annoying, irritating or who triggered my insecurities or an unhealthy sense of competition in some way. I felt a little guilty about this, but I realized that while we're here to support each other, if they were not contributing to my process in a positive way (even if it wasn't intentional -- I totally own my insecurities and issues), there's no reason to keep interacting with strangers over the internet if I'm not getting anything out of it or if it is making me feel bad or bringing up old habits/feelings that I've worked hard to conquer.

I immediately delete anyone who acts like a "mean girl" or makes fun of other people.

I have deleted a few ultra-popular people who I had requested -- there are some people here with huge followings and there really wasn't much one-to-one interaction or individual attention, which is what I enjoy in a friend. I'm sure they didn't miss me one bit.

It sounds like I delete a lot of people, but it doesn't happen very often. I like having friends who are fun, positive and supportive and there's no such thing as having too many friends in my book.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    I delete when people don't interact with me. Or if I'm in a bad mood. HA!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why they delete but I havent lost any sleep over losing "friends." To each their own. I"m on here for me.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've never deleted anyone... haven't found anyone annoying enough, and just because someone hasn't logged in a while doesn't mean that they aren't going through something major in their lives. Like someone said previously, that might be the person who needs the support the most if/when they come back.

Friends here are for support - they're not things to be collected like Pokemon. I've had one or two delete me (and who, for the record, sent the initial request to ME), and although they never gave a reason I don't take it personally. It's their loss not mine, 'cause I'm actually kinda cool and stuff. :glasses:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I only delete someone if they don't give the same support they expect or if they seem to be AWOL for awhile with no explanation.
    I have deleted a few people who constantly complained every day and were always negative and feeling sorry for themselves.

Oh....and this.
  • CasablancasTX
    Options
    I also delete people after not being active for 7 days or more and they're not on vacation.

I delete people who eat each meal at McDonald's or other restaurants.

I will delete someone who constantly goes over in calories and/or fat and complains that they can't lose weight.

And I will also delete someone who never motivates me or responds to a single post of mine. It's a two-way street here.

Some people I do keep on purely for entertainment.
  • txdahl
    txdahl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    There needs to be support both ways. If that is not happening then there seems to be little point in continuing the friendship.

^^ this, my friends are for support, it has to be mutual
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I didn`t add any friends for the first year. Then I added friends after I got to where I wanted to be in the hope I could offer some encouragement and support.

To cut a long story shore after 3 months I deleted my account and rejoined and would not bother to add friends again!

So fed up of the WTG and OMG have eaten a candy bar, but each to their own :tongue:
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I, personally, don't unfriend anyone (here or facebook) unless they give me a real reason. But, I've seen people here do it if they don't think the person is helping them or motivating them like they hoped they would. To each their own I guess..
    ^^^^^^^This!
  • ktrauzzi
    ktrauzzi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I delete people who haven't logged on for 4 or 5 months. I figure if they haven't logged in in that amount of time - I'm not going to miss them if they do decide to log.

The only other reason I would unfriend someone on here is if they were being preachy instead of helpful, or if they weren't a positive influence for me. (I don't need haters). If they are struggling but are still trying - I'm good with that.
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i've only deleted one person..
    she was on the verge of a eating disorder, i tried to talk her out of the "Skinnygirl" unhealthy diet.
    and she wouldnt listen..but, basically she ate 300 calories everyday and i was worried about her.

I've deleted only one and it was for the same reason above.. Kept getting updates on her binging and purging and how much she hated herself.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I delete people if they continuously dont log in (like if I see "blah hasnt logged in for 3 days" about once a week), annoy the crap out of me or have never commented on anything I post.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Annoying
    They don't interact
    Because I like to feel powerful.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Just curious, as I've seen my friends list shrinking little by little.

But, why would you unfriend someone? Because they're annoying or, because they don't talk enough. They go on about how they are too skinny/fat. Maybe they haven't logged on in long enough?

Wondering what the reasons are for some people.

ginger...did you try and steal their soul?