What do you replace chips with?

Options
I don't like carrots. I will eat them cooked, I will eat them raw, but I don't "like" them. I need some salty, crunchy, chip like treat that is not so bad for me. I have sweet pretty much covered, but I cannot break away from chips....... especially jalapeno kettle chips dipped in sour cream. I get the muchies at around 9 PM and have a hard time ignoring them. I don't want to have to save all day just to get them in at night...... I just want some alternative that will help me get what I am looking for or not care that I have the munchies.

Replies

• lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pop chips?
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too, need a replacement for tortilla chips. My salsa is so low cal it's a shame the tostido's make me shy away from it!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pop chips?

Love, love, love Pop Chips!
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I suggest pop chips or popcorn chips, both are good
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Pretzel Crisps... They have all kinds of flavors and are really quite tasty!! Also, I will allow myself the baked chips and the fat-free Ruffles, as long as I stay within the serving sizes. :)

Air popped popcorn or the 100 calorie bags of popcorn are a good substitute, as well....
  • Robot1976
    Robot1976 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I second the Pop Chips idea. They're the best of the "fake chips". If you can find them in your area, I find that Garden of Eatin' products are also really delicious and won't blow your calories. I love the cheese puffs.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    special k cracker chips are pretty awesome
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    apple chips (full pringles-size container is only 200 calories; the small size is only 100 cals for the entire thing)
    veggies with hummus (hummus is just the right amount of savory and delicious that it alleviates the need for other savory things like chips)
    frozen grapes
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Oxygen... water....a shoulder workout.. take your pick. ;)
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I do some pretzel sticks.

They have veggie chips, better than potato chips, but still a lot of oil. I think you can get them baked.

Baked lays are better than regular chips.......

Sweet potato chips.....

And you can make your own chips with control over what goes in/on them.....in the oven.....
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Baked Chips or Baked Scoops (for tortilla chips)? They have plain baked lays (which aren't my favorite), but I love baked bbq and the boy really likes baked sour cram and onion.
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    special k crackers are pretty good. sometimes pickles get rid of my chip cravings too. they are crunchy and salty, but low calorie. try a low sodium kind, they still have quite a bit of sodium, but MUCH better than chips!
  • misskb11
    misskb11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    100 Calorie Bags of Popcorn. Healthy Pop is what I eat when I am in snack mode!

Also Veggies raw with Hummice! I get 100 Calorie packs of cheese-its too!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too, need a replacement for tortilla chips. My salsa is so low cal it's a shame the tostido's make me shy away from it!
    i make my own. : trader joe brown rice tortillas cut in wedges. spray a bit of olive oil on sprinkle a little lime juice and sea salt on. bake in the oven until crispy
  • djk721
    djk721 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Special K chips; Wheat Thin cracker crisps; microwave popcorn
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Popcorn or mini rice cakes ranch is my favorite flavor =]
  • Nimiko
    Nimiko Posts: 52
    Options
    Cucumbers! Mmmmmm.......
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    fewer chips
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free, so I have gluten free popcorn. It takes care of the craving, calories are lower and I don't feel guilty about having it.