What do you replace chips with?

Options

Replies

• jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I eat Pita chips. 110 calories for 10 chips. This satifies my salty taste buds. :smile:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Home-made chips.
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's, I like their Snap Pea Crisps, they are sometimes labeled as Inner Peas; 150 calories for a serving. Kale chips are an amazing healthy substitute as well!
  • sdsurface
    Options
    The Baked Tostitos Scoops are about the best chip I've come across, but measure your portions. The portion is not the whole big bag! haha. If you like salty, try some edamame. There are individual servings that you steam in the microwave, flavored with sea salt. Not a chip, but Yum!:laugh:
  • painthoss
    painthoss Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    baked kale chips. Yeah, they're terribly terribly on trend right now (or not, maybe that was yesterday). but they are easy, crispy, salty, and taste really really good.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    So long as I'm not ready to ravage a bag of Doritos and have just a regular chip craving, kale chips typically work for me.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Try light pringles made with Olestra.. 70 cal's for 14 chips :) or try cutting back on the amount you eat of your fav chips.. moderation.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    POP chips are ok but nothing replaces jalapeno kettle chips. I manage to slide in a bag here and there under the macro goals. I have individual bags and have one sometimes for lunch i usually have pop chips, baked ruffels, baked cheetos, and ms vikers jalapeno chips
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    banana chips, almonds, dried apples, dried pineapple, raisins, etc.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Baked Chips or Baked Scoops (for tortilla chips)? They have plain baked lays (which aren't my favorite), but I love baked bbq and the boy really likes baked sour cram and onion.

BAKED SCOOPS?!?!
    I love you =]
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I go for ice cream
  • TheeGeeMarie
    TheeGeeMarie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can make your own sweet potato chips in the microwave. Cut the ends off a sweet potato, and slice it as thin as you can into circles. Spray a plate with olive-oil flavored non-stick cooking spray (or even smear with actual olive oil if you're not afraid of healthy fats), spray the tops of the chips, season with whatever (I use salt-free cajun seasoning), then microwave for about 5 minutes. It may take a batch or two to figure out the perfect amount of time depending on your microwave, but it's fast, easy and delicious. You can also use white potatoes for even more of a potato chip taste, but sweet potatoes are healthier.
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too, need a replacement for tortilla chips. My salsa is so low cal it's a shame the tostido's make me shy away from it!
    i make my own. : trader joe brown rice tortillas cut in wedges. spray a bit of olive oil on sprinkle a little lime juice and sea salt on. bake in the oven until crispy

sounds delicious i've heard of baked pita for chips too, gonna have to try these
  • preaser
    preaser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with ice cream. Every night. I try to budget my calories and cut back somewhere else knowing I'll eat it every night. Easier said than done though! Good luck.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I had to let go of chips altogether, at least for a short while. I found with Weight Watchers that I always found a way to squeeze in the garbage food I wanted and I never really did learn how to eat. So while I get some of that figured out, I'm skipping the things that are my major cravings. It's been seven weeks and I've just started adding a few things here and there. I do still eat Tortilla chips if I go out to dinner because they were never my issue.

As for dealing with salty craving. How about beef jerky? It's lean and lots of protein. And salty. :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    quaker rice cakes... comes in several falvors. ranch, bbq, sour cream and onion, caramel, etc.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    have you tried apple chips or raddish? Also maybe almonds would work : )
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    special k cracker chips 110 cals for 27 of them. i love them
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Do they sell Pop Chips in your local grocery stores? If not, you can look on line and order. They are very low in calories and they don't taste like styrofoam*
  • Momma2Beauties405
    Momma2Beauties405 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker Crisps. They are good alone, with dip, with salsa ... I just like them :smile: