What do you replace chips with?

Options

Replies

• mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! You can even get microwave popcorn in 100 calorie bags. I've seen both butter flavor and kettle korn. Ok, it's not quite as flavorful as the regular stuff, but it helps with the cravings for something salty and crunchy. Plus, if you get the 100 calorie bags, you can eat the whole bag yourself and not even feel guilty. It's one of my favorite snacks, I always keep it around.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Pita crackers
  • aphid
    aphid Posts: 47
    Options
    twiglets. or popcorn.
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too, need a replacement for tortilla chips. My salsa is so low cal it's a shame the tostido's make me shy away from it!

I love salsa too but since I watch white carbs & corn, etc. I bought Beanitos bean chips which doesn't make me feel so guilty eating them with my salsa. They have one with black beans and even have one with flax seeds. They are high fiber & decent protein as well. They don't quite taste the same but I'd rather eat more salsa than the "chip" anyway!! =) In my local grocery store they are seperated from the regular chips & in the gluten free aisle (as they are GF too)....I've also found them at health food stores.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    flavoured mini rice cakes & popcorn with dill seasoning : )
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    bump for the kale chips directions...

however i eat fat free pringles almost every day ..but curious about the kale chips now :p
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    special k cracker chips are pretty awesome

This!!! I seen them at the gas station the other day. And I was amazed at how good they were.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    As a treat and only as a treat I do either Special K chips, Ritz Chips or I make homemade baked tortilla chips.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Tacos.
  • Vivaciousfemale
    Vivaciousfemale Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Naked Nutz Corn Nuts - - - I can't eat just a few chips, kind of a trigger food for me So, for a salty crunchy snack on a regular basis I love these, they are an amazing replacement for me. One or 2 servings and I'm Good :D
  • Drea_ann
    Drea_ann Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    special k cracker chips!!
  • Tamisha15
    Tamisha15 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If you wanna have chips Baked Lays are the best in my opinion. I not really a chip person not that I've weaned myself off of them but when I eat a sandwhich I gotta have chips so I reach for the Baked Lays and pop chips are okay.
  • Foxfiregddss
    Foxfiregddss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As for myself, I love chips too. However, I will choose a small bag of the Lays Baked Chips if I get a craving for them. For salty, I also LOVE salted, roasted pistachios! Get them in the shell so they take longer to eat. I will get the huge bag from Sam's Club, fill a paper water cup, and eat the cup for my snack with a green tea (not a green tea latte, even though I love them soo much!).
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who eats apples as a crunchy food?.....

EDIT Also, I think we should be looking at this persons real problem. Not only are you eating late, but you're dipping fatty food into even fatter sour cream??? Maybe you should try going to sleep at night, or try saying NO to fatty foods all together....
  • 9JANE
    9JANE Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try Quackers popped chips they are really rice cakes butthey taste good and between 100 to 120 caloris for about 15 mini cakes.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I just do popcorn. Typically most bags are like 80 calories, which is much better than engulfing a bag of potato chips.

That's my logic.
  • motiroti
    motiroti Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You have to have some fun and taste!
    I have Quavers and some snack a jacks which are 80 cals a packet and actually tasty!

And english Chips (fried potatoes) some oven baked ones are lower cal.. just allow myself these on the odd occaision usually if I have done some exercise, that usually allows me more calories!

Don't want to live on cardboard..but a variety of tasty things and treats. ;)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    With less chips.

I measure it out in a small bowl and then put away the rest of the bag.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    LOVE special K cracker chips. Bye bye cravings for crunchy, salty.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'll eat half a serving of cheddar rice cakes. They're really salty and crunchy.