What do you replace chips with?

Options

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is good. You can eat a ton of it for not very many calories, and there are a lot of different toppings you can put on it to get the salty or sweet that you want. Congrats on your huge weight loss!!
  • skinnynerd
    Options
    Stop buying them and then you won't need to eat them.
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    We had sweet potato chips the other day. Not the same as those nice & salty potato chips but not a bad substitute. I also count out a serving and put them on a napkin and put the bag away so I don't just blindly eat the entire thing.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    special K cracker chips. they come in about 5 flavors I think. You get 27 chips per serving at about 120 calories a serving. 27 chips covers most of a paper plate. I like the sour cream and onion flavor or the southwest ranch if you like a little zip. although you must like spicy way more than me cuz I don't like jalepeno anything. yikes, i don't like my mouth on fire. but the southwest ranch is a little bit zippy. you could try it. they are very tasty chips. also, rold gold makes cheddar cheese flavored pretzels that are yummy. you get 20 pretzels per serving and the calories are similar to the special k chips. those are two of my go-to snacks. also smartfood white cheddar 100 calorie packs. the bag looks small but it'll cover a paper plate when you empty the contents out. for 100 calories you can't beat that. lays baked chips aren't quite as good with calories or serving size but I eat them at subway sometimes. good luck!
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You can make oven chips or Sweet potato chips again in the oven. Still does not beat them fresh from the chip shop with loads of salt and vinegar though.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Walmart sells these things called "Chip-ins"..it's like a popcorn and chip hybrid. They come in a few different flavors, and they're only 120 cals.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Pop Chips, Mini Rice Cakes, Pretzels, Fat Free Pringles.

Tostitos used to have a fat free tortilla chip (not sure if they have them any more) that were made with Olean. Low cal and fat, but who knows what Olean will do to you...LOL I guess I'll see in about 20 years...
  • MariaAkeroyd
    MariaAkeroyd Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try Quaker "Quakes Rice Cakes". They come in many flavors. Cheddar cheese is my favorite!!
  • ckauszler
    ckauszler Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Kale in the oven for 20min. add sea salt..Yum.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Kale chips!

Break up kale into bite-size pieces and put in a big bowl. Drizzle a little EVOO, salt, pepper, and whatever else. I usually do low sodium lawry's seasoning and red pepper flakes for a little kick. Shake up the bowl to coat all the kale. Spread onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-15min til crispy. AMAZING. Definitely does the trick.
  • Enkibean
    Options
    More chips.
    :wink:
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    chips - just fewer of them

^This.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love pop chips and pita chips. I have just started making my own potato chips in the oven or microwave and kale chips. I was doubtful of the kale chips, but they are actually pretty good.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't. I count out a serving size or TWO in a bowl and that's what I eat. My husband thinks I'm nuts at times but hey gotta measure it out!!!
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I eat sweet peppers. The small ones that come in red, yellow and orange. Not to be confused with bell peppers, although, that would work for me too. I love the crunch and they totally satisfy me as a sandwich side.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I replaced chips with less chips. Then no chips. Then lean muscles an dincreased endurance, energy, and health.
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    nuts & seeds - almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds, and lately pumpkin seeds
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    nothing
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Replace them with will power. Seriously, you're not going to win this game in the long run if you can't exercise control over your desire to eat.
  • hamstermann
    hamstermann Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Stacy's Baked Pita chips. Or you can make your own chips by buying low-cal flour (or corn) tortillas, slicing them up, and baking them.