Amputee on a mission.

Options
123457»

Replies

• ssgtamputee
    Options
    New feet ok, but needs a modification or two. Back to the drawing board.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Just ... wow.

My excuses are null and void.

But I knew that already.

Hat off to you, sir, and others like yourself.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Oorah! :drinker:

You are an inspiration. My Uncle just lost his lower leg in a motorcycle accident. Accident in September, amputation in November, and it's been a battle for him.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Got a little 20 minute run in tonight. Endurance will come soon I hope. LOL!

:laugh:
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Got a swim in today at the "Y". Got to do another run tomorrow.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Need to run tonight a little. Trying to go Snowboarding tomorrow for the first time in four years. I will be sore. LOL!!!

:laugh:
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Got to recover now. LOL

:sad:
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    SO I have not posted in a while. but things are going well. Keep it up everyone.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    So I am a Iraq vet who had a amputation back in 2008 due to issues from blast injures from 2005. Being a amputee you have to relearn how to be active again. Well for the first two years it was hard to be active due to fit issues with my legs, then the last two years it has gotten better. My wife and I are on a mission to stay active and healthy for our son. My first goal is to get my body weight down to about 190. Thats only 10 more pounds for me to lose. The second is to be able to run a 5k. In the Marines we have to run 3 miles in under 30-28 minutes in my age range. I hated running before because I was forced to, now I want to run because I have not been able to. Its funny you want something you seem to not be able to have so easily.
    Inspiration. Good luck and feel free to PM if you have any questions on fitness or need help because in my Wellness Center, we do work with people who have lost limbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational post. Firstly, a massive thank you to the service that you have given to your country. I am so glad that you have a supportive wife and a child to motivate you to live your life well. Keep on with that running!!! Only another 3 years before the olympics...?! x
  • chrissyc2121
    chrissyc2121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good look :)
  • ssgtamputee
    ssgtamputee Posts: 100
    Options
    Still going just not online as much.
  • gmms57
    gmms57 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service. God Bless You and Good Luck with everything. Thanks to your Family for their service.