Options

Replies

• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< 200lbs

6'1" or so?

5'11

THICK AND SWOLE! If you were 6'1, you'd be skinny. True story.

yeh that pic was half way thru my cut ended up at 190 11%BF... tryna get even leaner next time around, screw dieting down.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Alrighty then!!
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    There is so much butthurt in this thread... I needed this first thing this morning.

As much as I dislike Rippetoe for ripping off Starr's program and trying to claim it as his own, I love the following quote from him: "You can be 180 pounds and completely shredded, but once you put a t-shirt on, you still look like a skinny *kitten*."

Ripp is just an opinionated douche though.
    He's not huge either, and never really excelled at powerlifting. Never figured out why he's such a big name in the strength field these days. His squat teaching is awful.

The same reason Paleo is an explosively popular diet, 5 toed shoes are all the rage, and Oly lifting is once again becoming popular in America......

I teased my wife over her 5 toed shoes for 6 months until she got me a pair. Now I stfu they realy are great IMO
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< 200lbs

6'1" or so?

5'11

Dirty old cougar said ladies like this look. hahahha Thank heavens he's not 6'1" and skinny *shudders.* :laugh:
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< 200lbs

6'1" or so?

5'11

THICK AND SWOLE! If you were 6'1, you'd be skinny. True story.

yeh that pic was half way thru my cut ended up at 190 11%BF... tryna get even leaner next time around, screw dieting down.

Mine's 12% at 187. I'm 5'7 though and mostly shaped like a box.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Lol.
    Who sat on your head?

Is that like a foreigner thing to say? I think you've been lost in translation.

:laugh:

I get it. :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Take Micheal Phelps for example, he is very lean, but he isn't big, and that is what the quote is all about. Please go back and read it again.
    Michael Phelps isn't big, but he's ripped.

He's myspace ripped maybe........
    being 10% bodyfat doesn't make you ripped...you have to have substantial muscle mass and be around 10% to qualify.

There's a very fine line between what people today refer to as "ripped" and someone who just got out of rehab for an eating disorder.

Saying that someone who looks like Michael Phelps isn't ripped just makes the whole word meaningless. To me, ripped means muscular.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny" - Just heard this on the EliteFTS podcast. Looks like its time for you guys to start bulking!

it also reminds me of the saying:

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

That's what the meatheads have to tell themselves to make up for the fact that most women think the 185 lb ripped guys (i.e., "figure chicks") look better.

There is such a thing as *too muscular* when thinking in terms of sexual attraction.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny" - Just heard this on the EliteFTS podcast. Looks like its time for you guys to start bulking!

it also reminds me of the saying:

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

So not true... LOL ... Here are two skinny guys. The Abs do count. They take work.

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg

^^^ This picture says it all.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny"

Skinny like Asafa Powell you mean?

Asafa%2BPowell2.jpg

Yep, he's not very big.

Thanks for providing your sense of perspective.

I guess to a tiny part of the population he would be considered "skinny".

The blind part.

Blind indeed! Maybe I'm showing my age when I say "Hubba! Hubba!" ... Come to me, sexy chocolate! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny"

Skinny like Asafa Powell you mean?

Asafa%2BPowell2.jpg

Yep, he's not very big.

Thanks for providing your sense of perspective.

I guess to a tiny part of the population he would be considered "skinny".

The blind part.

He is lean but he isn't big. Arnold was big, Coleman, Yates, Zane, were all big. This guy isn't. That is the perspective since the quote is coming from EliteFTS.

I'm sure he is one hell of a sprinter, I don't doubt that, but he isn't BIG THICK SOLID TIGHT

"Lean" is probably the last word I would use to describe the gorgeous man in that photo. I just wish he was smiling instead of yawning. Maybe I should go troll Google images.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    It seems a lot of people are now also confusing the terms ripped and jacked as well, which I am neither.

And cut. And ripped cut.

And shredded.

Let's not forget shredded wheat.

And possibly Wheat Os.

:laugh:

If you ain't ripped, then cut yo'self 'cuz ya don't know jack! forget subjectivity, bro! Wheat O's or nut'in' at all!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    If he is a triathlete, i assure you he isn't ripped, he is skinny.
    lol QFT
    Oh, you know my son?
    I was talking about triathletes in general, not your son. I don't care about your son's physique.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Everything is relative. The group of Eltie lifters or body builders are using definitions that need some clarification. This definition is different for many different audiences. Let them think whatever they want. My concern is that many young people listening to their preachings, may try to aspire to this definition of being ripped and bulky. More like a body builder than a sprinter or gymnist.
  • peuglow
    Options
    ^ Agreed. This is all about relativity people. Jeez.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I was talking about triathletes in general, not your son. I don't care about your son's physique.

Well, you "quoted him for truth" and his statement was about my son.
  • peuglow
    Options

And I clarified my statement. Hope that eases your mind.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options

patti, don't you think the whole theme about your son would go away if you stopped chiming in about him, specifically? We get it. Triathletes are skinny compared to BB's. He's a triathlete. Compared to a BB, he's skinny. Compared to a skinnyfat office worker who doesn't train, he's ripped. He's your son and you love him and you're proud of him and he's probably good at what he likes to do.
  • peuglow
    Options

patti, don't you think the whole theme about your son would go away if you stopped chiming in about him, specifically? We get it. Triathletes are skinny compared to BB's. He's a triathlete. Compared to a BB, he's skinny. Compared to a skinnyfat office worker who doesn't train, he's ripped. He's your son and you love him and you're proud of him and he's probably good at what he likes to do.
    Exactly. She's a mom and she can't help it. I'm a dad and my wife would likely do the same thing. I'm not mad at her, but I do wish she'd stop bringing it up.

This, again, is about relativity. If you're a middle aged mom a triathlete/soccer player/tennis player etc may be 'jacked' 'huge' ripped' but by my standards (and others) they are not.

The OP gets credit for comedic performance, in my book.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Everything is relative. The group of Eltie lifters or body builders are using definitions that need some clarification. This definition is different for many different audiences. Let them think whatever they want. My concern is that many young people listening to their preachings, may try to aspire to this definition of being ripped and bulky. More like a body builder than a sprinter or gymnist.

Exactly.