abs under 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that people who aren't powerlifters get all butthurt and even give a fvck what a bunch of powerlifters establish as ripped or whatever. I don't drive top fuel cars so I don't give a fvck what top fuel guys think of my Nissan XTerra.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    i looked at ur profile i weigh 185 and all my max lifts are far above yours...what catagory do i go in
    I think the category would be : trash talker

what are your lifts?
    and keep in mind plates lifts are done to competition standards, not touch and go, or bounced benches, or high squats.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i looked at ur profile i weigh 185 and all my max lifts are far above yours...what catagory do i go in

Nice!

what are your lifts?
    and keep in mind plates lifts are done to competition standards, not touch and go, or bounced benches, or high squats.

bench-330
    squat-405
    deadlift-455

hopefully winning 2 powerlifting meets in high school and one at a division 1 college would merit i can properly lift weights to your standards
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

bench-330
    squat-405
    deadlift-455

hopefully winning 2 powerlifting meets in high school and one at a division 1 college would merit i can properly lift weights to your standards

not bad man. strong bench at that weight
    did you do usapl collegiate meets or what?
    I'm hoping to total around there at my next meet at 181.
    My bench is gonna be significantly less but I make up for it with deads
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Very good numbers at 185.

I'm 218 right now and my lifts are:

Bench 360
    Squat 510 (calculated off 3 rep set)
    Deadlift 455

I've never actually competed, but signed up for a meet in February.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    all that and you look good too ;-)

Nice!

what are your lifts?

bench-330
    squat-405
    deadlift-455

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Stop getting butt-hurt over if you're too skinny, or if your abs or boobs 'count', or whatever, and go train.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options

bench-330
    squat-405
    deadlift-455

not bad man. strong bench at that weight
    did you do usapl collegiate meets or what?
    I'm hoping to total around there at my next meet at 181.
    My bench is gonna be significantly less but I make up for it with deads

the university i was at had an open meet and i did it just for something to do and won the 175 division...think there were about 15 in my division
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Humility? I don't get it.
    I'm not surprised you don't understand when I say you need to learn some humility. I was referring to this statement by you: "If he is a triathlete, i assure you he isn't ripped, he is skinny". You don't know my son, so there is no way you can "assure" me he isn't ripped. Once you learn some humility, you'll learn not to make statements like that. Being humble means being able to admit you don't know everything. It will come with some maturity. Hopefully.

You keep using that humility word, I'm not sure you know what it actually means. I in no way put myself above your triathlete, I haven't included myself in the quote (I'm just the messenger), this whole topic isn't even about me in particular.
  • Plates559
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny"

Skinny like Asafa Powell you mean?

Asafa%2BPowell2.jpg

Yep, he's not very big.
  • Plates559
    Options

Again, topic not about me, go back and read it again if you don't get it.
  • Plates559
    Options

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

I can assure you that THIS fat chick's big boobs count.

I am in agreement here!! lol Mine always count! :)

Looks like no one gets the boob quote either. Go back and read it again.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Ditto, love!!!!! I'm quite certain that this fat chick's G-cups still count! :tongue:
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Wait...wut?

I love lamp.

Carry on.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

I am in agreement here!! lol Mine always count! :)

Oh, I get it....and I am not in any way taking the post seriously....but, still :wink:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of that saying, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt."

:drinker:
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You keep using that humility word, I'm not sure you know what it actually means. I in no way put myself above your triathlete, I haven't included myself in the quote (I'm just the messenger), this whole topic isn't even about me in particular.
    Ugh. I don't think you understand humility. You are sooooo sure you know that my son is skinny and not ripped, when you should have enough humility to say there's no way you can know because you've never seen him. How hard is that to understand?
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

This is hilarious. I don't think YOU are getting what you even typed. How about YOU go back and read it again. Your statement about fat chicks with big boobs is essentially saying that because they're made up of fat, they don't count as real boobs.

If anything, I hope you've learned that Susie's boobs count.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I don't think you understand humility. You are sooooo sure you know that my son is skinny and not ripped, when you should have enough humility to say there's no way you can know because you've never seen him. How hard is that to understand?

Your son is a triathlete. He's not a powerlifter. It's a different sport. There are different training methods and different physiques involved. It should make no difference to you or your son how he stacks up against powerlifters. They don't care that he can outswim them. It doesn't mean he's not a good athlete and it doesn't make him a bad person.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny" - Just heard this on the EliteFTS podcast. Looks like its time for you guys to start bulking!

it also reminds me of the saying:

So not true... LOL ... Here are two skinny guys. The Abs do count. They take work.

10-percent-body-fat-male-pictures1.jpg