abs under 200 pounds...

Options
"If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny" - Just heard this on the EliteFTS podcast. Looks like its time for you guys to start bulking!

it also reminds me of the saying:

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    So the same weight standards apply to a 6'5" guy as apply to a 5'9" guy. Got it.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hey man I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    *reading comprehension*

I'll get it someday.
  • Plates559
    Options
    ^ Haha, that's ok you're pretty.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Hey man I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.

and parrot them, no matter now silly
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    <<-- 210 so I guess I still make the cut. "Phew".

I'm 6'2" so don't know how this works vs. guys that are 5'5"
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    so in the technical sense, anyone over 200 pounds capable of holding their torso upright while walking has abs...

again..just interpreting what was said (though I LOLed and totally agree).
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

I can assure you that THIS fat chick's big boobs count.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    My 25 year old son is under 200lbs and he's got abs. He's a triathlete and marathon runner. Not skinny, and totally ripped. I'm proud of him, and not because he's ripped but because he would never post something as arrogant as this.
  • Plates559
    Options
    If he is a triathlete, i assure you he isn't ripped, he is skinny.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of that saying, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt."
  • Plates559
    Options
    Haha all you haters realize the quote came from Elite FTS, literally some of the strongest guys is the nation right?

They are elitist, hence the name "Elite FTS". If you are getting your feelings hurt because you think you look great... well then you aren't an elitist. You are just normal. Which is fine for some, but not fine for the fittest, and all the THICK SOLID TIGHT out there.

You tell some of the strongest guys out there "hey man your squat is amazing, 1,200 pounds, wow!" They'll most likely say something along the lines of "Thanks, but it isn't big enough yet"
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I think any and every person who uses the term "haters" should have their lips stapled shut.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Haha all you haters realize the quote came from Elite FTS, literally some of the strongest guys is the nation right?

They are elitist, hence the name "Elite FTS". If you are getting your feelings hurt because you think you look great... well then you aren't an elitist. You are just normal. Which is fine for some, but not fine for the fittest, and all the THICK SOLID TIGHT out there.

You tell some of the strongest guys out there "hey man your squat is amazing, 1,200 pounds, wow!" They'll most likely say something along the lines of "Thanks, but it isn't big enough yet"

Nobody's getting their feelings hurt... we're just not sure why you're telling us what these elite athletes are saying about the average person. 1] They sound douchey and, well, elitist, and 2] these are generalized, blanket statements that are, again, douchey. Oh, and inaccurate.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Yeah, but I could totally kick their butts in a 5k. Everyone has different fitness goals.
  • Plates559
    Options

Yeah, but I could totally kick their butts in a 5k. Everyone has different fitness goals.

Ok tell a Kenyan "hey Shaniyan you can 25 miles in half an hour, wow!" and if she is an elitist she would say "Thanks, but I'm not fast enough yet"

Of course then Shaniyan would be classified as skinny so any visible abs would be under the category of skinny not ripped. Similar to Perfectingpats 25 year old son.

Jusssst Ssssayin'
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

I think the non-inflammatory (but still elitest) message is that it is somewhat insulting to use the term "ripped" on someone that just has a low body fat % without regard to total muscle mass, whereas the originator of the statement would reserve that label for individuals who have ample muscle mass.
  • Plates559
    Options
    ^ there you go.

Basically EFTS is saying, if you have visible abs but have pencil arms and toothpick legs, you aren't jacked, ripped, cut.
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options

Ok tell a Kenyan "hey Shaniyan you can 25 miles in half an hour, wow!" and if she is an elitist she would say "Thanks, but I'm not fast enough yet"

Of course then Shaniyan would be classified as skinny so any visible abs would be under the category of skinny not ripped. Similar to Perfectingpats 25 year old son.

Jusssst Ssssayin'

OMG.....what kind of drug did you take this morning? Cause I want NONE of that. Where the heck is my albinogorilla when I need him?

There are plenty of bulky guys with abs on here under 200 lbs. Stop spewing such nonsense.

Jeeze man.....and you had to bring up breasts in an ugly manner. Shame on you!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    ^ there you go.

Basically EFTS is saying, if you have visible abs but have pencil arms and toothpick legs, you aren't jacked, ripped, cut.

I posted a link to a blog (not my blog) about "anorexic ripped" the other day and people got mad at me....

But yeah, 200lbs doesn't apply for all men. There's no way my 5'9" could ever have abs at 200lbs, unless maybe he was on juice.